Sponsored

Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection?

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here is the pic of door misalignment (sticking in 1/4" from flush with fender)

7C906749-60F5-4C98-ABE7-9E32792109C9.jpeg
Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also had an issue with my mid panel on the passenger side. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it quickly.
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 7C906749-60F5-4C98-ABE7-9E32792109C9
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 7C906749-60F5-4C98-ABE7-9E32792109C9

My other issue was that the intake->turbo inlet tube was completely disconnected! Good thing I popped my hood as soon as I got home. This could have been catastrophic.

Lastly my tire carrier bolt was also stripped and replaced.

Noticed all of these issues and repaired or had the dealer replace and I’m 6k miles in with zero other issues. Vehicle has been pretty reliable through the rain, snow, high speed interstate, and some mild off-roading.
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 1676344578421

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? CDEBB222-27A0-463E-8288-60AB4291A974

had a fender slightly separated from the car which was noticeable looking in the side view mirror and drove me nuts. They fixed it fairly quick. My windows are also catching on the weather stripping and the dealer “checked other broncos on the lot and it’s consistent among all of them” so that’s hilarious. Haven’t noticed anything else as of 2k miles but I’m taking it in for its first check up next week so we’ll see

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here is the pic of door misalignment (sticking in 1/4" from flush with fender)

7C906749-60F5-4C98-ABE7-9E32792109C9.jpeg
wow, how could that pass any persons inspection at any point, Ford plant or dealer, and why did they hand it over to you like that? That's very disappointing to see.

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? CDEBB222-27A0-463E-8288-60AB4291A974

had a fender slightly separated from the car which was noticeable looking in the side view mirror and drove me nuts. They fixed it fairly quick. My windows are also catching on the weather stripping and the dealer “checked other broncos on the lot and it’s consistent among all of them” so that’s hilarious. Haven’t noticed anything else as of 2k miles but I’m taking it in for its first check up next week so we’ll see
Sounds like you need to take it to another dealer.

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
wow, how could that pass any persons inspection at any point, Ford plant or dealer, and why did they hand it over to you like that? That's very disappointing to see.
Because, there is no inspection!!

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because, there is no inspection!!
Sure seeming that way isn't it. I'll be honest a bit dreading the build quality and future issues as a result of all I have read on this forum over the last few years.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure seeming that way isn't it. I'll be honest a bit dreading the build quality and future issues as a result of all I have read on this forum over the last few years.
I believe it is also a price point issue. If you order one for around 50, that is one compromise, but if you order a max package or even a Raptor, that is a totally different segment.

I truly believe the Raptor is not worth the price because of all the QC and fit/finish issues.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe it is also a price point issue. If you order one for around 50, that is one compromise, but if you order a max package or even a Raptor, that is a totally different segment.

I truly believe the Raptor is not worth the price because of all the QC and fit/finish issues.
Sadly, this issues are just what any consumer is going to face when buying the top trim of any mass produced vehicle. Hellcat Redeye's have the same quality issues as a V6 SXT. A Mustang GT500 is going to have the same build quality as the rental spec. It sucks, but top trim buyer should expect small quality issues. And it all stems down to people not having pride in their work.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I didnt have any, but I spent some good time on the top inspection, I got a good one. I am sure I will find something at some point and just create a list and send it in when I have some issue that I actually need fixed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sadly, this issues are just what any consumer is going to face when buying the top trim of any mass produced vehicle. Hellcat Redeye's have the same quality issues as a V6 SXT. A Mustang GT500 is going to have the same build quality as the rental spec. It sucks, but top trim buyer should expect small quality issues. And it all stems down to people not having pride in their work.
I agree on the pride part and folks just trying to get to the end of the day and back to social media or whatever. As a business owner the pandemic has stunned and saddened me in terms of some (not all) folks work ethics. That's another story entirely though.

I personally have never experienced this level of quality from a manufacturer before, especially with higher price tagged vehicles. Admittedly Ford is not generally a brand I buy and not a brand I will likely be buying in the future either after this experience. I have owned maybe 5 Fords through the years but due to my own experiences and others I went other directions the last 15-20 years. I really had high hopes that Ford had upped it's game but I think that was more nostalgia driving me more than anything else and a lot of hype around a new unproven vehicle.

Still hoping to be pleasantly surprised and praying for no to minimal manufacturing issues but as an automotive professional I am not highly confident out of the gate. I would be more willing to accept flaws with a $30K vehicle, even then not ideal, but a manufacturer who has had ---> 120 YEARS <---- to fine tune their processes, quality control should be pretty damn dialed in, especially when the vehicle in my case has an $85K price tag on it.

Just my .02 but I expect more from a company with that level of pedigree.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FWIW Im having to FIGHT the dealer on Ford covering the issue with the cross threaded wheel studs (even thought the wheels have never been removed before)

Im also in a FIGHT with the dealer that when they removed the beauty ring to expose the rest of the wheel. the edge of the rim underneath is chipped from what looks like the tire bar when the tire was installed. Also, there is some oxidation in the paint under the beauty ring.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine was missing the plastic cover that goes over the center brace on driver side. Oddly enough dealer said they saw another Braptor that was missing this same piece but on the passenger side.

F01739E9-26B4-4117-9DF5-D73FB2E58BDA.jpeg

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FWIW Im having to FIGHT the dealer on Ford covering the issue with the cross threaded wheel studs (even thought the wheels have never been removed before)

Im also in a FIGHT with the dealer that when they removed the beauty ring to expose the rest of the wheel. the edge of the rim underneath is chipped from what looks like the tire bar when the tire was installed. Also, there is some oxidation in the paint under the beauty ring.
This is what I am not looking forward to. To be clear is it just stripped wheel studs on the spare or on other wheels as well?

Oxidation from what you think? Did it sit on rail for a long time? Or maybe does it capture moisture between the ring and the wheel ?

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine was missing the plastic cover that goes over the center brace on driver side. Oddly enough dealer said they saw another Braptor that was missing this same piece but on the passenger side.

Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? F01739E9-26B4-4117-9DF5-D73FB2E58BDA
How? Just how? Such a glaring oversight, I just don't understand how these rigs are leaving the factory like this. I mean it is literally right over your head.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: jon