NHTSA listing of the U.S./Canadian content

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Submitted for your consideration .... .. .

NHTSA listing of the U.S./Canadian content (by value) of the equipment (parts) used to assemble passenger motor vehicles.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.gov/files/2023-09/MY2024-AALA-Alphabetica-8-30-23.pdf

I was surprised to see the Bronco content of U.S. components at 18%.

Shopping for a reliable vehicle (in the next 4-5 years) with something of a fun factor.
Wanted to buy American, but it appears there are not many choices on that chart.
Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can't spell fun without the Chevy Brightdrop (actually, yeah you can). Hey, it's a Roush edition!

2560px-2022_BrightDrop_EV600.jpg

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Submitted for your consideration .... .. .

NHTSA listing of the U.S./Canadian content (by value) of the equipment (parts) used to assemble passenger motor vehicles.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.gov/files/2023-09/MY2024-AALA-Alphabetica-8-30-23.pdf

I was surprised to see the Bronco content of U.S. components at 18%.

Shopping for a reliable vehicle (in the next 4-5 years) with something of a fun factor.
Wanted to buy American, but it appears there are not many choices on that chart.
Well that's kinda confusing...if you add the US/Canada content to the "other" country content none of them add up to 100% except for Mitsibishi. Where are the other parts coming from?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, seems low. Engine (2.7 and 3.0) as well as transmission are US. Dana axles are US. IIRC the frames are made in KY. Aluminum body panels are stamped in at Dearborn Stamping. Fox Shocks are made in GA. Seems like this alone is more than 18%. Its got to be more than 18% by weight.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wheels China, 2.3 Mexico, 7 sp China to name a few more. Here is the content sticker from a '23 Base Man SAS. Much lower than a '21 Bronco. Wonder why? In '20, Ranger was listed as highest content. Not today. Not even 1/2 of what it was then. Tesla holds the top spots today.

Ford Bronco NHTSA listing of the U.S./Canadian content 2023 Base MT
Sponsored