Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad you are ok and sorry to hear about your Bronco!

Also in that picture of your rear end has a massive bend in your panhard bar. That alone shows the force of the side impact you received.
Sponsored

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad your okay!

Airbags deploy?

OP
OP
BRONCBOY21

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad you are ok and sorry to hear about your Bronco!

Also in that picture of your rear end has a massive bend in your panhard bar. That alone shows the force of the side impact you received.
Yes that support bar took the blunt of the force I'm hoping that took the energy away from any frame bending but also shows how hard I did get hit it was substantial the lack of damage to the bronco in the pictures kind of underplays that.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad you are okay and totally unsure of the exact details of the wreck. But more than once, during what I like to call bumper car weather back in ohio, I specifically stayed in 2wd in my 4x4s, one for reserving 4x4 for getting stuck. On snow and ice 4h or 4 low arent much likely to get you out any more than 4a on solid ice, squatch lockers aside. But the main reason I leave in 2wd is so I can quickly induce a spin. Often times on ice the wrecks are slower and you have time to see em coming but just cant steer for a damn because of momentum and inertia. But if there is sufficient room outside of the path of the crash to dodge it like a big open intersection with only the 2 cars involved. Gassing it with a full steering effort can spin you causing you to divert your path more than steering and breaking. if you are moving 25 and you get the wheel spin up to 60 it can move you around probably towards whatever side of the road is sloped the most. On full slick wet ice it can be a good tool to get out of the way. Sure you may find a pole or a curb or snowbank, but if you miss the other car and take away its energy from the impact, just bouncing a tire off a pole may save you a insurance hassle.

When I first learned to drive I was 14 and me and the other 300lb guy at school took his s10 out on snow emergency and iced up nights. We would just throw it around into slides all night, then stick it in gear and put 600lbs of ass against it and let it idle out of the snow banks. Then play fat guy chasing a ghost car games. Sure it was foolish, but it helped me learn alot obout the principals of drifting in a traction-less environment.

Your bronco seemed to hold up well, if it was an old one I probably wouldnt even take it to the shop, but if you did that with this one you would be on the highway next week and suddenly have an airbag shoot out in the backseat lol.

Hope they get you back on the road soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry to hear, but seeing all these crashes in the Bronco are making me feel better about my purchases and selling them

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad you are ok, but next time get some Winter tires ...
Or the standard non-sas which seem to work very well in snow and ice. Along with 4H and locked.

Under GOAT modes did you know that Slippery Mode kicks it out of 4H into 4A. Puzzled. There is no snow/ice mode other than "slippery" unless you choose Mud/Ruts (at least on an OBX)

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or the standard non-sas which seem to work very well in snow and ice. Along with 4H and locked.

Under GOAT modes did you know that Slippery Mode kicks it out of 4H into 4A. Puzzled. There is no snow/ice mode other than "slippery" unless you choose Mud/Ruts (at least on an OBX)
I was curious about that (Slippery GOAT mode). I have a Slippery/Snow mode on my 4Motion VW Atlas and I do notice a significant difference when driving through snow - feels closer to 4H than the standard drive mode so I wonder if the Bronco's 4A is similar.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you’re okay, OP. Good luck with the repairs.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you're running studded tires or chains, ain't no tire good for ice.

Winter rating is for loose to packed snow only.
actually blizzaks and other winter tires employ microcell and similar technology to provide traction on ice. not quite as good as studs, but legal in way more places

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Is it even possible for a body shop to get Bronco parts and sheet metal?

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like this false sense of security will be rudely wiped away when Bronco owners encounter another heavy truck or commercial vehicle for that better. Don’t get complacent guys.
Well, I got hit by a city bus going about 50, and I reckon I came out of it better than my 2011 Silverado would have done. That one got totaled.
Sponsored