Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordering wheels and tires I like the looks of the nitto recon grappler. Anyone running these and have a short review?
Also in the running is the tetra grappler G2
Good in wet and snow? Yes they are heavy I’m fine with that. Currently have stock badlands bfg’s which are ok but I want to go up to 35” tires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm running the 35" Recons and I like the ride. I haven't had a chance to use them off road yet (next week in CO), and living in Houston I have zero input on snow rofl...but I like their look far more than the stock Goodyear tires and I feel the road noise isn't any worse. I'm pretty happy with them for the time I've owned them, which is about 1500 miles or so I think. I've done mostly daily driving to and from work, running errands etc, but I did drive from Houston to the Off-roadeo and the long trip was fine on the highway.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had the 35x12.5R17 Nitto Recon Grapplers for about 800 miles (I put them on when my Bronco had 200 miles). Before that, I put a set of Toyo Open Country ATIIIs on, and they were vibrating pretty bad at around 20-30mph. I figured that would only get worse, since tires are most likely the nicest when they’re brand new. Therefore, I returned the Toyos and had the Nittos put on.

I haven’t done much off-roading yet, only pavement and some occasional gravel. I also haven’t had the chance to run them in any rain or snow yet. They are pretty heavy and they’re load range E, so they’re pretty stiff. I’ve been riding at a lower psi which helps the stiffness aspect of it, since the 2 Door Bronco is relatively light compared to what these tires are usually used for. As for the acceleration of my Bronco, I actually can’t tell much of a difference between these and the Goodyears, despite these weighing about 15lbs more per tire.

Overall, I’m happy with them. I do wish they came in a load range C or D, but the options for a 35” tire that are less than a load range E are pretty slim. You pretty much only have the Toyos or BF Goodrich KO2 if you want something less than an E.

Also, if you decide to go with the Recons, be sure to tell your tire installer which side of the tire you want out. There are two side wall designs, one less aggressive and one more aggressive. Originally, they installed the less aggressive side showing, so they had to take them off and flip them around. Below are some pics of the more aggressive side showing.

86877EAA-2C84-4B97-9BFD-40C50322CB44.jpeg

A4E1C9C0-E6C4-4F5E-BDB9-5DFAF788C814.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had the 35x12.5R17 Nitto Recon Grapplers for about 800 miles (I put them on when my Bronco had 200 miles). Before that, I put a set of Toyo Open Country ATIIIs on, and they were vibrating pretty bad at around 20-30mph. I figured that would only get worse, since tires are most likely the nicest when they’re brand new. Therefore, I returned the Toyos and had the Nittos put on.

I haven’t done much off-roading yet, only pavement and some occasional gravel. I also haven’t had the chance to run them in any rain or snow yet. They are pretty heavy and they’re load range E, so they’re pretty stiff. I’ve been riding at a lower psi which helps the stiffness aspect of it, since the 2 Door Bronco is relatively light compared to what these tires are usually used for. As for the acceleration of my Bronco, I actually can’t tell much of a difference between these and the Goodyears, despite these weighing about 15lbs more per tire.

Overall, I’m happy with them. I do wish they came in a load range C or D, but the options for a 35” tire that are less than a load range E are pretty slim. You pretty much only have the Toyos or BF Goodrich KO2 if you want something less than an E.

Also, if you decide to go with the Recons, be sure to tell your tire installer which side of the tire you want out. There are two side wall designs, one less aggressive and one more aggressive. Originally, they installed the less aggressive side showing, so they had to take them off and flip them around. Below are some pics of the more aggressive side showing.

Ford Bronco Nitto recon grapplers input wanted. A4E1C9C0-E6C4-4F5E-BDB9-5DFAF788C814

Ford Bronco Nitto recon grapplers input wanted. A4E1C9C0-E6C4-4F5E-BDB9-5DFAF788C814
Man I like the looks of them! But I was on the phone with the company I’m ordering through and decided to go ask about 37’s. Well the recon grappler is not available in a 17” rim in a 37🥲. So now I have decisions to make.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man I like the looks of them! But I was on the phone with the company I’m ordering through and decided to go ask about 37’s. Well the recon grappler is not available in a 17” rim in a 37🥲. So now I have decisions to make.
I just did the Maxxis RAZR AT 811 in a 37/12.50 17 on my stock Sasquatch rims and suspension. Look into them, they have great reviews, I love them so far, ride extremely smooth and quiet. Plus they are less than other 37s , and D range in a 37. I have pics in the show me your upgraded wheel-tire thread.
I believe Northridge 4x4 just posted their review video on 6G

I also posted here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/37-tires-on-sasquatch.16516/page-2

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just did the Maxxis RAZR AT 811 in a 37/12.50 17 on my stock Sasquatch rims and suspension. Look into them, they have great reviews, I love them so far, ride extremely smooth and quiet. Plus they are less than other 37s , and D range in a 37. I have pics in the show me your upgraded wheel-tire thread.
I believe Northridge 4x4 just posted their review video on 6G

I also posted here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/37-tires-on-sasquatch.16516/page-2
Do you have any rubbing at all? I believe the sas rims are a 33 or 30 offset. I’m hoping to not have issues going 37’s with a 3 1/2 lift. I should have just stayed with the recons in a 35 but crap if im paying $3000 plus for rims and tires I might as well go 37”. I go off-road with the local bronco group so far once a month.

Last edited:

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you have any rubbing at all? I believe the sas rims are a 33 or 30 offset. I’m hoping to not have issues going 37’s with a 3 1/2 lift. I should have just stayed with the recons in a 35 but crap if im paying $3000 plus for rims and tires I might as well go 37”. I go off-road with the local bronco group so far once a month.
all I see is the slightest paint rub on the front crashbar, I mean not even really noticeable unless you really look, full U turns and all. they measure about 36in with 39lbs of air, so I know other brands are a little bigger aired up. Ive seen others with stock offest and 37s as well, some have slight rub.
JKS has the max tire clearance kit for crashbars, and the plastic spacer removal behind the fenderwell at firewall. with a lift kit I would think you will eliminate most of that.

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ordering wheels and tires I like the looks of the nitto recon grappler. Anyone running these and have a short review?
Also in the running is the tetra grappler G2
Good in wet and snow? Yes they are heavy I’m fine with that. Currently have stock badlands bfg’s which are ok but I want to go up to 35” tires.
Love them, just put on 305/70r17
Waiting for at one bad rain or snown
I’ll let you know

88B0C190-4D5F-43C1-A827-1EAC90D9F30C.jpeg

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love them, just put on 305/70r17
Waiting for at one bad rain or snown
I’ll let you know

Ford Bronco Nitto recon grapplers input wanted. 88B0C190-4D5F-43C1-A827-1EAC90D9F30C
I had to go terra Grappler G2 as the recon was not available in a 37 17”rim. Of course now I see they are available until ehbsize I wanted 🤦. In five years when I need tires maybe I’ll grab a set.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've looked at these for future 37s, as I want to stay narrow and they are the only 37X11.50R17s I've found. Hope some folks give them a try before I need new tires.
Sponsored