Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sucks. That wasn't my experience at all. When I first got the confirmation from them I just emailed the person who sent it and he answered what he could, but it's not like they are willing to deal though
It's reassuring to hear about your experience. Hopefully what you posted about cost ends up being true.

My fear is I'll wait a year for this thing only to find out they have huge markups on it.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's reassuring to hear about your experience. Hopefully what you posted about cost ends up being true.

My fear is I'll wait a year for this thing only to find out they have huge markups on it.
That's why I saved the email. Although that might not doing anything. When I look the dealership up they seem to have a good reputation.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer I have my reservation with said they have 280 reservations and that was a few weeks ago. Makes me wonder if these dealers with a decent amount of reservations will even make a deal with people
Even if they had 500 reservations I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want another 100 that they won’t have otherwise. Even at a 1/3 of the profit that doesn’t include accessories and potential future maintenance revenue they would be stupid to pass. I’m no business expert but it’s bizarre to me that they won’t even make the effort. I think I’m just going to reward Stephens and make it an adventure getting home from West Virginia.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even if they had 500 reservations I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want another 100 that they won’t have otherwise. Even at a 1/3 of the profit that doesn’t include accessories and potential future maintenance revenue they would be stupid to pass. I’m no business expert but it’s bizarre to me that they won’t even make the effort. I think I’m just going to reward Stephens and make it an adventure getting home from West Virginia.
Fred Beans had the same response. “We have over 300 reservations. We don’t need to negotiate deals”

Sponsored
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fred Beans had the same response. “We have over 300 reservations. We don’t need to negotiate deals”
That right there is the reason I've switched gears and started looking at smaller dealerships the last couple of weeks. Looking for that guy that'd be happy just to get 10 extra sales and would be thrilled to make a few extra bucks.

If we're lucky, find a dealership somewhat local to drop 20, 30 or maybe even 50 Bronco sales on and possibly meet up a year later. Kind of like we can promote that dealership in return for getting a good deal.

Wish there was a way to see how many reservations dealers have to use as leverage....but that's likely the reason we don't have a way of seeing how many reservations dealers have
If this were possible, my life would be so much easier. I'd have an easier time targeting the smaller guys and not even bothering with the bigger "we don't care" guys.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no idea. You would think they would want as much business as possible and if a lot of those extra reservations are in or close to CT they would probably have business down the road for other services.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sure is and dealers wonder why people go to places like carvana so that they don't have to deal with the horrible experience of buying a car. Hopefully we can find someone on here that will make it a better experience.
I appreciate these dealers who have the integrity to just post online “
Call me a cynic but I personally am starting to get leery about Leo Kaytes coming through. I get busy but this trying to get a meeting with the owner for a few weeks now is curious. If Leo Kaytes wants the business then how difficult is it to schedule the meeting when you work in the same building?
it’s not difficult and probably not even necessary that they “ have to sit down with the owner”. Its just stalling. They know already what they are willing to sell these for. My dealer didn’t even respond when I asked if they can match the aggressive invoice or below invoice pricing that some dealers are offering.

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Additional orders without any extra work. If our group is saying we have 50 orders ready and they say, “if you choose us, we will offer <insert offer>” They stand to gain 50 more orders without any additional work. This group sold it for them on their behalf. It makes no sense. Hopefully everyone remembers the exact dealers that say “yeah I’ve got enough business, I don’t need yours” well beyond this Bronco rollout

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Additional orders without any extra work. If our group is saying we have 50 orders ready and they say, “if you choose us, we will offer <insert offer>” They stand to gain 50 more orders without any additional work. This group sold it for them on their behalf. It makes no sense. Hopefully everyone remembers the exact dealers that say “yeah I’ve got enough business, I don’t need yours” well beyond this Bronco rollout
Especially considering its basically 50 or more 100% confirmed orders. Cool, you got 150 or 200 reservations but how many of those actually convert? 50%? Less? It's kinda dumbfounding

Sponsored

Nu2Fordz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, BMW M6, GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not sure how we are positioning the group buy. It's great that Granger and Stephens post their Bronco deals on their websites, making them available to anyone, not just forum members. I think we have a better chance if we are clear that the offer would only apply to forum members part of the group buy.

Some assumptions, if a dealer has 300 reservations, and they sell at MSRP and make an average of $1,800 profit per vehicle (an assumption), they stand to make $540,000 profit. If this dealer now offers a less than MSRP deal, and puts it on their website, maybe they attract another 200 reservations, so new total 500 vehicles, but now maybe they only make $800 per vehicle. New profit total is $400,000. So, I can see why dealers in the populated Northeast would not offer deals across the board. They will have plenty of high profit sales at MSRP.

So, if we make it clear it is a buying group only open to forum members, then it becomes incremental sales and profit. The dealers get to have their cake, and eat it too! They sell their 300 reservations at full boat profit, but then sell another X number of vehicles at less profit than they would not otherwise have.

The above applies to the high volume dealers. Lower volume dealers with only a few existing reservations would likely benefit by posting a less than MSRP offer on their website. In my opinion these are further from the high density population areas, think Bowen's Garage.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not sure how we are positioning the group buy. It's great that Granger and Stephens post their Bronco deals on their websites, making them available to anyone, not just forum members. I think we have a better chance if we are clear that the offer would only apply to forum members part of the group buy.

Some assumptions, if a dealer has 300 reservations, and they sell at MSRP and make an average of $1,800 profit per vehicle (an assumption), they stand to make $540,000 profit. If this dealer now offers a less than MSRP deal, and puts it on their website, maybe they attract another 200 reservations, so new total 500 vehicles, but now maybe they only make $800 per vehicle. New profit total is $400,000. So, I can see why dealers in the populated Northeast would not offer deals across the board. They will have plenty of high profit sales at MSRP.

So, if we make it clear it is a buying group only open to forum members, then it becomes incremental sales and profit. The dealers get to have their cake, and eat it too! They sell their 300 reservations at full boat profit, but then sell another X number of vehicles at less profit than they would not otherwise have.

The above applies to the high volume dealers. Lower volume dealers with only a few existing reservations would likely benefit by posting a less than MSRP offer on their website. In my opinion these are further from the high density population areas, think Bowen's Garage.
Every dealer I have reached out to I made well aware that WE are a group from Bronco6g looking to purchase the new Bronco together. I've dropped numbers from a minimum of 20 all the way up to 50+ members from this forum who are interested in finding the best deal for our group.

At no time have I mentioned this to be a public endeavor. And as others have noted, I've got the "We have 200 orders already, we aren't interested". I call it that East Coast Attitude, almost like we are bothering them just by simply asking if they were going to offer any incentive to our group. And that is why I started to target smaller dealers. Looking for that dealer who'd be happy to have 20+ orders just dropped in his lap.

And all I care about is our group, not the general population. So if Dealer X wants to give us (Bronco6g members) $xxx amount below invoice, then I've done my job. I'd love to see some of the big boys lose a bunch of sales just because of the way they've blown us off, but I'm not actively seeking to take sales from them.

Edit: and just to be clear, whereas I have 'mentioned' deals from Granger & Stephen's, at no point have I stated that we are looking to match. I haven't demanded anything. I simply ask if they have any incentives they would be willing to offer our group.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree ? but thought that was a given. Offer only available with the bronco6g magic password

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heard back from Sands Ford in Red Hill, Pa (near Pottstown).
MSRP, no x-plan, $389 documentation fee, no add-ons.
He did say:
" While I appreciate your offer to move some customers our way, I just don't think any dealer can guarantee you the number of vehicles your are looking for. "
I do appreciate his quick response and honest answers....

Bccarlin

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Heard back from Sands Ford in Red Hill, Pa (near Pottstown).
MSRP, no x-plan, $389 documentation fee, no add-ons.
He did say:
" While I appreciate your offer to move some customers our way, I just don't think any dealer can guarantee you the number of vehicles your are looking for. "
I do appreciate his quick response and honest answers....
His response about guaranteeing the number of vehicles seems to indicate he does not understand the request though. We are reservation holders. We don’t need him to source the vehicles for us through his dealership, just accept our reservations, help with any order finalization and dealer add ons requested by our members and deliver the vehicles to us. We don’t need him to place an order for 50 vehicles through his dealership.
Sponsored