First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is Chalmers is the best bet here in NM?
I had a bad experience with Chalmers. Granted it was 15 years ago but I will never give them a dime of my money.
Sponsored

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a bad experience with Chalmers. Granted it was 15 years ago but I will never give them a dime of my money.
I wouldn't even be considering them if my neighbor wasn't best friends with one of their sales managers. But X-Plan levels the playing field to a large degree and they are my last hope if group buys in Texas or Colorado fail to pan out, and Granger drops out of the running for some reason. The CO group buy looks promising at the moment.

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any new developments for you guys since x-plan appears to no longer be an option? Assuming that info is true, I'm going to look into the CO group buy. No way I trust our dealerships without x-plan.

I doubt we have enough people in NM interested to do our own Granger deal but Denver is an 8 hour drive for me.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I committed to the CO group buy last week after the TX group announced their decision. The Denver drop-off will be closest, probably be about 6-ish hours from me.

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't see the city for TX on their thread so I assume it's not Odessa, which wouldn't have been terrible.

I'm waiting for the CO group buy folks to add me to the list. Less hassle this way, we know what we're getting and don't have to worry about add-ons, etc.

Paying shipping does make it a little less appealing (especially because the $1500 mandatory dealer delivery can't be partially applied to offset shipping costs, as they will be paying much less as they will be bulk shipping) but the group buy helps a little :)

Sponsored

nmpap

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes here in NM, few options can not even get any questions answered from NM dealer. Lucky I found this forum...

azumwalt

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Texas group is somewhere North of Dallas.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Texas group is somewhere North of Dallas.
Yes. About an hour north of DFW Airport. I calculated it at 9-9.5 hours drive from me. Hoping the CO group buy drops off the vehicles within about 6 hours away. I can do that up and back in one day, as opposed to TX.

Legarto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes here in NM, few options can not even get any questions answered from NM dealer. Lucky I found this forum...
Greetings fellow New Mexicans. I've been following this forum for awhile and just joined. I have two reservations with two ABQ NM dealers, Chalmers and Power Ford. Double reserved but just going to order one vehicle. FYI, I contacted Power Ford this week and a sales manager told me that my reserved Bronco is going to be sold for MSRP plus ADM! So steer clear. I'm for sure walking away from them. Still waiting for a reply from Chalmers. I know of the CO and TX group buys, but to go this route the savings for me are negligible if I can purchase here in NM for MSRP. Peace.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with a sales rep at Chalmers in August. MSRP but no ADM or forced-down-your-throat "accessories." I got a good vibe of honesty from them. That said, I am going with the Colorado Group Buy. Being in Northern NM helps me, as the drive to Denver and back is a one-day effort. Include the reduced price for DIOs to the fact I plan to get a higher end Badlands, and the savings will be far more than a few hundred. Here's the minimum savings comparison from the Granger FAQ thread:
Bronco Trim LevelMinimum Savings Off MSRP
Base$2498
Big Bend$2897
Black Diamond$3349
Outer Banks$3450
Badlands$3560
Wildtrack$3798

Sponsored

Legarto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with a sales rep at Chalmers in August. MSRP but no ADM or forced-down-your-throat "accessories." I got a good vibe of honesty from them. That said, I am going with the Colorado Group Buy. Being in Northern NM helps me, as the drive to Denver and back is a one-day effort. Include the reduced price for DIOs to the fact I plan to get a higher end Badlands, and the savings will be far more than a few hundred. Here's the minimum savings comparison from the Granger FAQ thread:
Thanks elmystico for the Granger minimum savings comparison. I'm planning on getting a 2 door Badlands and Granger's minimum savings comparison is for a 4 door. Is there a 2 door minimum savings comparison anywhere on in this forum that you know about?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you post on our thread and let us know we can add you to the private thread we have with Granger for coordinating shipping. thanks.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you post on our thread and let us know we can add you to the private thread we have with Granger for coordinating shipping. thanks.
For the CO Group Buy? In it already, thanks.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak