Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Irish Catholic mother…my dad got coal one year. Not sure why.

People really gifted kids coal in their stockings? Thought that was just for cartoons lol
Sponsored

Cmo

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get your point, though I disagree with parts of your response. Saying that they were taught that behavior, rather than saying they are responsible for their own actions and decisions pretty much makes my point.

Who taught them, their parents? Don't think so.

I do get that it isn't just a generational thing.....and Amazon etc.
Instant gratification started with the internet and has continued to get worse with our cell phones advancing, etc. Had to go buy a news paper back in the day now you can roll over and see what’s happening all over in the world with the click of a button. Some people can’t control the entitlement that comes with it. That being said I want as many of the FP points that are available but won’t throw a fit if I don’t get any 😂

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

as stupid as all of this is, it seems this is the way things are going in terms of this reservation model- I remember when the model 3 was a really long time from reservation to deliveries. now the cybertruck and the hummer ev are doing the same thing. i guess these companies have figured out they can collect tens of millions from people 18 months ahead of delivery and then figure it all out over time.

Yeah, really all the bad mouthing Ford isn't all that accurate compared to the wait time for other product from other manufacturers. Not that it isn't fun to bitch and complain.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Price lock is compensation. Inflation is real. Part constraints are a thing. Look it up, a lot of delays for 6m-1y across the industry.

2023 is MOD, you ordered MIC. MOD orders got extra fordpass points if you didn't switch.

Reality is unless you were in the first week you were most likely late Q3 or Q4 before the MIC collapse. Now you are Q1-2 22, real late res maybe Q3.

The cost of things right now price lock is pretty nice IMO. Also the demand is through the roof for a Bronco. I mean you order now you are mid to late 23. If you're really that pissed go get a Jeep, don't blame you. They are nice, and there are good options out there.

One nice thing would be zero finance, but I don't see any freebees coming...
Not sure those estimates are pessimistic enough. There are many day 1 hardtop res holders that are now Q1/2 2022, I'm a day 3 res and I'm just hoping to see mine before the end of next summer at this rate.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jeep is capitalizing on this, they don’t have to do a thing. They’ve had record sales in Q1 and Q2 for Wranglers and Gladiators. Best 1st quarter ever, best quarter ever, best selling hybrid. They’re doing just fine right now.
Honestly, I can't believe Jeep hasn't sweetened the pot just a little like. .. if you can prove you have had a Bronco reservation say, since BEFORE March of 2021. They would offer like 2,000 dollars bonus cash off a new Jeep of Gladiator, just to get some of the competitions money. Btw. I'm staying put!!!

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure those estimates are pessimistic enough. There are many day 1 hardtop res holders that are now Q1/2 2022, I'm a day 3 res and I'm just hoping to see mine before the end of next summer at this rate.
I don't think. Full production is ramping up in January. Assume things may slip but most orders in the first week or two should be out in Q1 excluding another major issue. Also remember ford can push some volume, and a lot of the tech is coming from other lines (ranger, f150, etc.) so it's not brand new.

Even before this they were anticipating being completely caught up late Q3, and the the full scale prod date slipped 4m. Assume 2023 it's pretty normalized.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I can't believe Jeep hasn't sweetened the pot just a little like. .. if you can prove you have had a Bronco reservation say, since BEFORE March of 2021. They would offer like 2,000 dollars bonus cash off a new Jeep of Gladiator, just to get some of the competitions money. Btw. I'm staying put!!!
I could see that, but with sales being so high they’re achieving that with little effort. I certainly would take an extra 2K and it would have made the decision easier!

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco NO Compensation for wait. 196C7FE7-1968-47F5-84A4-6AC5A382F326

I got a very similar poster and letter from Rivian that I received from Ford. Which will arrive 1st?

Sponsored

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I waited at Culver's, in line, no free onion ring upgrade or nothin'!
did you wait two years? And get to the counter and the guy tries to Jack up the price, hijack your order, and sell it for more money to the guy who just walked in?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco NO Compensation for wait. 1630420314450

I got a very similar poster and letter from Rivian that I received from Ford. Which will arrive 1st?
The race is on!
Congrats on the Rivian though! Other than the Bronco, the Defender and Rivian are the only vehicles that grab my attention

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you wait two years? And get to the counter and the guy tries to Jack up the price, hijack your order, and sell it for more money to the guy who just walked in?
Nope, but the subject is compensation for the wait from Ford, not for opportunistic dealers that some customers chose.

You do know dealers and Ford are separate and independent companies, right? Also no one has waited two years, orders went in about six months ago.
Sponsored