Sponsored

No or low air flow out of vents (even on high)

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same problem when I got my bronco but I believe mine was me being not used to the new vehicle. I had good defrost air and good floor air but no vent air and a loud whistling sound on high out of the vents. my vents were closed. but to the extent they have gone in to yours I am assuming that was checked
Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait your floor heat works fine?

Can you set it to floor only and get lots of output from the floor and none from the defrost?

My dash vents work fine, but if I do floor only it's 10% floor 90% defrost.
I feel it on the floor and defrost, but not the vent much at all. I'm going to do an exhaustive test tomorrow. Problem is, the auto climate control has a mind of its own based on external temperature.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel it on the floor and defrost, but not the vent much at all. I'm going to do an exhaustive test tomorrow. Problem is, the auto climate control has a mind of its own based on external temperature.
You can just turn auto off and manually max out fan speed.

I would love to be able to have floor heat with ZERO defrost like most other cars. :(

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2023 Badlands. So I can barley feel the air come out of the vents even on high. Switching between defrost and the floor you can hear blend doors move and it switches. But when it is on the vents on high it sounds like it is clogged.
The dealership did not believe that something was wrong till we looked at a bronco on the lot that worked fine. They took apart the fan and had to email Ford to get guidance. Now they want to take the whole dash apart and I am not happy. I feel like they don’t have a clear direction. They also had two more broncos on the lot with the same issue.
Anyone have the same issue or more guidance. I don’t want them to take apert more than they have to.
I would make sure they practice on the ones on the lot before I let them touch mine

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I test on manual mode today on full fan and cycled through each of the 3 setting - floor, vents, defroster.

1. Floor: very little airflow and sounds like a jet engine (loud and strained)
  2. Vent: Same as the floor
  3. Defroster: appear to work well
It sound the the blending flap/device is not working properly. I went to Ford today to make an appt. - end of April. If others have any luck with Ford and their Broncos, please let me/the forum know. Thanks!

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2023 Badlands. So I can barley feel the air come out of the vents even on high. Switching between defrost and the floor you can hear blend doors move and it switches. But when it is on the vents on high it sounds like it is clogged.
The dealership did not believe that something was wrong till we looked at a bronco on the lot that worked fine. They took apart the fan and had to email Ford to get guidance. Now they want to take the whole dash apart and I am not happy. I feel like they don’t have a clear direction. They also had two more broncos on the lot with the same issue.
Anyone have the same issue or more guidance. I don’t want them to take apert more than they have to.
Have they resolved your issue? Mine goes in on April 24 to be looked at and wanted to know if/how they resolved your issue. Thanks.

OP
OP

Edwardsplus3

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Tundra, VW, Harley-Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what the shop foreman told me “I just got off the phone with head of HVAC operations at the Michigan plant. They know what is wrong with it. There was a handful of HVAC boxes that were misbuilt. They were able to catch the majority of them, but some were delivered before they were found.They have found that the panel door is not clocked/timed correctly in the HVAC box, the only way to repair is completely disassemble box. To prevent any further errors, they require us to replace the HVAC box.”
I am waiting on parts to show up before I drop my Bronco off to get fixed.
Has anyone else had the same issues and got theirs fixed?

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is what the shop foreman told me “I just got off the phone with head of HVAC operations at the Michigan plant. They know what is wrong with it. There was a handful of HVAC boxes that were misbuilt. They were able to catch the majority of them, but some were delivered before they were found.They have found that the panel door is not clocked/timed correctly in the HVAC box, the only way to repair is completely disassemble box. To prevent any further errors, they require us to replace the HVAC box.”
What year was your Bronco? Mine was built Dec. 2022 (2023 model year).

Sriracha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get this fixed?

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My new box just came in and getting it replaced mid-June. I’m also curious to know if this resolved the problem.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Edwardsplus3

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My new box just came in and getting it replaced mid-June. I’m also curious to know if this resolved the problem.
My new box is at the dealer and my bronco is also going in the get fixed mid June.
I am still waiting for Ford to reach out to me. The Ford forum guy gave me a case number and I haven’t had any response.
My bronco was delivered end of January2023.

OP
OP

Edwardsplus3

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone had their blend box replaced yet?

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My new box is at the dealer and my bronco is also going in the get fixed mid June.
I am still waiting for Ford to reach out to me. The Ford forum guy gave me a case number and I haven’t had any response.
My bronco was delivered end of January2023.
Your case will be expired by now. When I lost my brakes the Ford social media guy was quick to open a case, but it expired long before I could get an appointment with my dealer. Their attempt at looking like they care is a nice gesture, but ultimately it's completely useless.

cricketeggs

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2020 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Just had it done last Thursday and it corrected the issue.
Ours in currently in the dealer for the second time for this. They misdiagnosed and "fixed" it once already, but there was no change. I took it back 2 days later and showed the service advisor this forum AGAIN and suggested they test it before telling me it's fixed. It's now been a week and I've heard nothing from our advisor and he's not returning calls.

I'm curious about other experiences with this repair... From what I've read, it takes a few weeks to get the part(s) - not sure if that's improved since the previous posts.

I'm also concerned about squeaks, rattles, and dash misalignment after this repair as I understand they have to remove pretty much the entire dash.

So, if anyone could share their experience (also any part numbers that were used in your repair, in case I need to further guide my service advisor), it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored