Sponsored

NOISE in cabin of 4 door soft top with Squatch?

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
anyone ridden in a 4 door soft top with squatch that can shed light on the noise in the cabin? I am a little concerned about the noise level at 70 mph highway speeds with the soft top and 35"s.....thoughts?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

anyone ridden in a 4 door soft top with squatch that can shed light on the noise in the cabin? I am a little concerned about the noise level at 70 mph highway speeds with the soft top and 35"s.....thoughts?
Go test drive a Jeep to get a rough idea.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are worried about noise I'd say go get an explorer. That said, the "35" tires ford is putting on are some of the quietest you will find.

OP
OP
rgalvinmi

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are worried about noise I'd say go get an explorer. That said, the "35" tires ford is putting on are some of the quietest you will find.
Thanks! but I don't want an explorer.....do doors come off an explorer? Is the sasquatch factory on the explorer? Topless....? I'm trying to decide if I need a hard top and am looking at LIFE experiences from folks who are familiar with soft tops and 35s...but would love to hear from someone who has "ridden" in a bronco with a soft top and squatch...SOMEONE on here must have been in one while driving.

Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Best guesses, test driving any Rubicon with a soft top is the most accurate way, driving with all of your windows down in your current vehicle is probably going to be a touch louder because of any air being trapped inside the canopy (rather than just blowing straight on by) and maybe another reasonable estimate is to take a trip on your Harley on the highway without earplugs and in a 1/2 helmet. Any of those should give you a "worst case" estimate.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

maybe another reasonable estimate is to take a trip on your Harley on the highway without earplugs and in a 1/2 helmet.
You do realize the wind noise db level at 65mph is 95dB to 105dB don't you?

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You do realize the wind noise db level at 65mph is 95dB to 105dB don't you?
I don't know the numbers but I do know that it is loud. And louder on a non-faired/screened bike than one with a fairing or screen. Why do you ask?

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know the numbers but I do know that it is loud. And louder on a non-faired/screened bike than one with a fairing or screen. Why do you ask?
Because that's ear damage loud. No way a bronco with soft top on and doors on could be anywhere near that db.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! but I don't want an explorer.....do doors come off an explorer? Is the sasquatch factory on the explorer? Topless....? I'm trying to decide if I need a hard top and am looking at LIFE experiences from folks who are familiar with soft tops and 35s...but would love to hear from someone who has "ridden" in a bronco with a soft top and squatch...SOMEONE on here must have been in one while driving.
I haven't yet seen a highway review of the new Bronco, at least not in any detail. I'd say the 35s and higher vehicle height of Sas, probably aren't going to do any favors on pavement, in terms of wind buffeting, noise and handling. If that's a concern, maybe try a non-Sas version, since Sas isn't needed for the doors/top off functionality.

From my Jeep hard vs soft top experience, the soft top skin being thin cloth, generally let in more noise. The soft doors and side windows made noise and sometimes pulled partway open in the low pressure caused by passing trucks. (Something Bronco owners with hard doors and windows won't have to deal with.) Overall though, the various portions of the soft top can flap and make noises like a large speak cone moving, compared to the rigid hardtop.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....am looking at LIFE experiences from folks who are familiar with soft tops and 35s..
Well that rules me out, I've been running 37s and a soft top for the better part of 12 years.

My statement about an explorer was to say if you are worried about tire and wind noise the Bronco, or any jeep copy, is not a good fit for you. There are many more refined vehicles on the road today that would meet your needs.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to decide if I need a hard top and am looking at LIFE experiences from folks who are familiar with soft tops and 35s...but would love to hear from someone who has "ridden" in a bronco with a soft top and squatch...SOMEONE on here must have been in one while driving.
Then you should have asked about differences between hart top noise and soft top noise. On new Jeeps, there is very little difference between a twill soft top and a hard top for cabin noise...within 3 decibels according to tests. That would be the best way to guess what Bronco differences will be until they are on the road and actually tested.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant talk on my phone when driving my jeep w/ 35” MT tires and soft top on the highway. But I can drive my f150 w/ 35” MT tires and a glass roof while talking on the phone on the highway.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very, very few people have ridden in one and even fewer have ridden in one on the road. So yes, that is a tall ask.
Sponsored