First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The horror! Does she have to drive old driver's Ed cars with a steering wheel on both sides, 'cause, you know... Symmetry?
There exactly the same maybe I’m missing something

image.jpg
Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ever driven an older W124 E-Class? One is square and the other is rectangle. I know people have traded mirrors with others in countries with RHD vehicles.
Ford Bronco Non-matching mirrors?! 1633003788446

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Filling out the corner of the mirror so it’s a rectangle instead of an irregular pentagon wouldn’t have negatively impacted visibility.
Lol. Really? So cutting off some of the viewing area DOESN'T negatively effect it?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lol. Really? So cutting off some of the viewing area DOESN'T negatively effect it?
Someone tried to argue that they cut off the corner “for visibility purposes.” I was just pointing out that leaving the corner alone (and not cutting it off) doesn’t result in any worse visibility. Like, how does having a normal rectangle with more mirror surface area HURT visibility?! Lol

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The early Broncos had different mirrors on both sides, if they were even equipped with a passenger side mirror. Not sure why folks are getting all wrapped around the axle about this topic. The fact that some folks didn't notice the difference until a month into ownership tells you a lot about how much this doesn't matter.
They are using poka-yoke/error proofing so that the correct mirror is installed on the correct side even on a monday, friday, or after a long lunch or holiday break... Best part even the dealer cannot screw up this part of your order. They may have to rethink the process if we see a Bronco with the mirror mounted cameras & lights on one side and not the other.

Palmermc

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.markpalmer-design.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just noticed this and spent a whole road trip staring at it trying to figure out why they did this.

My theory:
Originally both mirrors were designed with the notched corner like the passenger side, which looks a bit more stylized. I’m thinking partway through development (after all the tooling had been done), Ford realized the notched mirror on the drivers side cut out too much of the visibility, so they scrambled and changed the drivers side mirror to be more rectangular and fill out the visibility in the upper right corner. Rather than spend the extra resources and time to update the design of the passenger side mirror assembly, they just left it alone. Weird things like this happen in product development all the time. I bet their design team was pissed about this but had to suck it up.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the angle of the mirror from the drivers seat. Saleman gave me all the poop on delivery, but it was not a life changing event so I didn't listen.
Sponsored