First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My whistle sounds more like it's coming from the top of the windshield. Steady sound from around 40 mph up. Not too loud, and music at normal levels drowns it out.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

maybe the whistle is a design like the germans did with adding a siren to their stuka dive bomber. it is designed to to instill fear and intimidate jeep owner. they will hear the noise and flee into deep mud bogs and into impassable ruts to get away from the fearsome sound of the new bronco. the toyotas will scurry away and go hide with the billy goats on the sides of cliffs and the bronco will have the valley to it's self. or maybe it was a design defect...

Last edited:

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The big bend I test drove had a whistle too.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first Bronco that I drove has this problem. I too folded the mirror in and the noise went away.

Well that's a great solution.

Now how many of you are glad you didn't get your Bronco yet? How many other problems do they have? Hopefully they can remedy some of this stuff but I have my doubts and have my good reasons. The proof is in the pudding...

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is this curb there...it's a good 3 or 4 inches, it's a risky maneuver but well worth the adrenaline
I get it, the approach angle is everything. :)

RKirby

Wildtrak
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had my dealers' Big Bend 4DR soft top for a couple of days and noticed the whistle. I made a video of the noise and it would stop if I placed my hand on the driver side mirror and disrupted the airflow on the outer edge of the mirror. Once I stopped, I observed a small 1/16" gap between the plastic halves of the mirror housing where @ZackDanger placed the electrical tape on his. The passenger side mirror seam was tight and no issues. I reported it to the dealer when I returned the Bronco and they were going to start a warranty claim with Ford. Minor bug and I'm sure it will be an easy fix.

Attachments

CyberBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was no whistle on the Wildtrak I drove…I wonder if having the mirrors with the cameras and lights of the high package eliminates the problem?
I heard it on a lux package

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my dealers' Big Bend 4DR soft top for a couple of days and noticed the whistle. I made a video of the noise and it would stop if I placed my hand on the driver side mirror and disrupted the airflow on the outer edge of the mirror. Once I stopped, I observed a small 1/16" gap between the plastic halves of the mirror housing where @ZackDanger placed the electrical tape on his. The passenger side mirror seam was tight and no issues. I reported it to the dealer when I returned the Bronco and they were going to start a warranty claim with Ford. Minor bug and I'm sure it will be an easy fix.
Point of clarification: it wasn’t me. I just shared the link to the thread where the owner who did it posted it.

Johnmlebel

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 19/21 F150 screw, 21/22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our big bend does it too.

Sponsored

DanDan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think many of you drove big boxy cars or trucks before buying the Bronco.
You can always take it in but you are going to be disappointed The approach Ford will take is going to be very subjective . If other identical car makes the same noise than there's no problem . Theres nothing to measure the cab noise besides the Ford tech ears. Dealer tech will ride with you in the car and once you point the whistle they'll try to see how a dealer demo sounds. If its identical you are SOL.

OP
OP
CoachScott

CoachScott

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thought I'd post a video/audio clip of the side mirror whistle...this is more than just wind noise that one would expect with a top down vehicle. It's clearly a loud whistle. You'll notice when I put my hand on the outer corner of the mirror housing, the whistle goes away. Starts at ~50mph then peaks once I hit 60mph. Seems to be a little less when I have the doors off, but still there.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thought I'd post a video/audio clip of the side mirror whistle...this is more than just wind noise that one would expect with a top down vehicle. It's clearly a loud whistle. You'll notice when I put my hand on the outer corner of the mirror housing, the whistle goes away. Starts at ~50mph then peaks once I hit 60mph. Seems to be a little less when I have the doors off, but still there.
That’s crazy! I have my own issues but glad this isn’t one 😩

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Add me to the mirror whistle camp, Big Bend w standard package/mirrors.

Funny it comes and goes and at different speeds.

For now, going to put a little gorilla tape on it until Ford has a better fix.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
guess these things aren't made to go over 50mph...

even though 99% of the people purchasing them won't ever go off road.
On road, off road, I still have to drive to work 5 days a week. Speed limit is posed at 75, and anyone who drives that slow is a Road Rage incident waiting to happen.
Sponsored