Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No way am I giving up any more $ than the initial refundable $100.
I honestly don't think you're getting your way on that front. Unless your dealer is already charging you MSRP, or more.

Dealers were told they would be punished for sales outside the original reserver. Which puts them in a precarious position:
Try to profit more than the punitive charges and/or charge extra deposit to avoid it.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess i they are going to get penalized if someone backs out a non refundable deposit is the way to do it

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dude, you're in Maple Glen, PA? Are you taking about Chapman in Horsham? Yeah stay the f away from that guy.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d call Ford and report. I’ve done the same and corporate was very receptive. Even told me my dealer was out of line early in this process and asked me to file a formal complaint on the dealer. They asked me for a higher deposit day after I reserved.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealer is asking for a non-refundable $2500 deposit. Is this normal? Seems a bit steep for non refundable.
It's not out of the ordinary when ordering a vehicle, but that assumes you're signing a contract. That being said, make sure there are no hidden cancelation fees beyond the loss of your $2500 ( hidden in you contract) if you have to cancel your order.

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Non refundable for a vehicle you’ve never seen or driven, no thank you.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who is your dealer? I got an email today saying the same bs.

And when I pushed back, in typical shady dealer bs he started changing his story. Told me I'm not in his allocations anyway (then why are you asking for $2500 non refundable deposit?!?) I'm a day 3 reservation.

And all of a sudden he went from 50 reservations to well over 50 reservations.

How are these guys in business is beyond me.
For real. I've long expected the existing dealer model to die out yet somehow it clings on. If I were Papa Ford I'd be ripshit with some of these dealers.

Sponsored

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer called me today to schedule my order for Wednesday 1/20 and said they don’t want anymore money than the $100 I paid at reservation time. Was kinda surprised they didn’t ask for at least $500 but I have ordered plenty of vehicles in the past and paid no deposit.

bentbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm doing 1000 because that's what they asked (B.C. Canada) but I was told it would be refundable and that I could get that in writing as well.
I’m getting one in BC as well. Which dealer are you working with?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is asking for a non-refundable $2500 deposit. Is this normal? Seems a bit steep for non refundable.
What is "normal" here is that this is a red flag that you should switch to a different dealer.

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mine asks for a $500 refundable deposit here in canada, I also buy alot of trucks from them so it could be special treatment

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone needs to know here that factory ordering any vehicle is the easiest money maker for the dealership. It literally takes them a few minutes to do the paperwork (if they know what they are doing) I know, because I've factory ordered several vehicles to my specs before.

There's no overhead for advertising and it takes no space on their lot or the showroom.
They don't have to keep washing them as they sit on their lot and don't have to spend a lot of time with customers taking test drives. I mean it's the easiest sell at the lowest cost ever!!

The deposit absolutely has to be refundable and it's normally no more than $500.
Any dealer asking for more or telling you it's non-refundable is an indication that you should RUN and take your business elsewhere.
Sponsored