First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve been tying paracord projects for a long time now, and my ego keeps me from buying someone else’s macrame. My plan is to run a basic cobra knot between the two screws. I’m then going to add another layer of cobra knot over the top of that to make a handle. My Big Bend has the Sandstone interior, and I had this crazy idea that I was going to acquire Sandstone paracord. Nope, so plain black it is. I believe my design will provide both stability and flexibility.

Phoenix Justice

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150- Fusion- Mustang- YJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was disappointed too on the ones I bought for length.
Maybe a little ghetto on my part but they were going in.
I did equal twists till I found the right combo of usability/tension, visually noticeable but not visually obstructing.
The right eye will notice but nobody has yet, till something else comes they work great.
Not best pic of them but you get the idea.

3EDB16DE-D9DF-4373-AA9B-E09DEC678C6B.png

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every Paracord handle I have seen posted here and elsewhere has looked about 1/2 to 1 inch too long. This causes the handle to sag and obstruct the entrance, and provide very limited support. I understand the design intent (unlike the Wrangler the handle on the Bronco cannot hang under the roll bar) but I still think they could have taken some length off and preserve the functionality.

I spent quite a bit of time on the sponsors pages for this forum, as well as Amazon. Finally I ordered something that looked non saggy... but alas it is just as a saggy as everything else, see pic. Stretching from use will contribute to worsening of this problem over time.

So...does anyone know of a non saggy set of handles? I am at a point where I can also insert grommets in the ones I have and cut them to size, but I would rather have something with a more finished look (don't have a sewing machine so I will have to use heat to seal the cut edges)

Ford Bronco Non saggy Paracord handles? 3EDB16DE-D9DF-4373-AA9B-E09DEC678C6B
fold your ends over and put in the grommets. No end to heat seal or sew.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the 'hang-down' .... bartact grabs... easy to get a hold of don't get in the way of anything. Bartact also has great door storage bags.... much better than stock. My 2 cents.

jkelley0021

Wildtrak
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These look great. May order a set for the front now. Here they are with some rubber at a lower price
https://www.amazon.com/ROADER-Compatible-Aluminum-Interior-Accessories/dp/B0BWJ4BW7G

One has to wonder about the lateral torque on the screws though. These look similar, still potentially a good amount of torque.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BGR564DZ
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B8HRCM1P/

For those willing to brave AliExpress and save some bucks... Savings are not great and with Amazon you get return privileges like nowhere else
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-ford-bronco-aluminum--grab-handles.html

Also just came across these - they grey ones look shorter. Will email Bartact to see how long they are.
https://www.bartact.com/products/br...2023-pair-of-2-bartact?variant=39511493771307
I just got the ones from Bartact...but I won't pickup my Wildtrak until the end of this week at the earliest...

20230620_114843.jpg

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally got the yellow Chinese brand from amazon. Then returned them when I found these. They come in true badlands orange (and other colors)

IMG_8548.jpeg

IMG_8547.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is why I never purchased any of these, they hang too low and will hit me in the head and mess up my doo every time I get in and out of my truck!

Sponsored
OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I originally got the yellow Chinese brand from amazon. Then returned them when I found these. They come in true badlands orange (and other colors)
These look notably better than the Amazon cheapies but still too long IMO and, paradoxically, less suited for my needs. The significant excess length on the Amazon cheapies makes it possible to fold them over and get them to just the right length. There isn't enough slack in the Bartacts to fold them over, or so it seems from the pics.

The center to center distance of the front mounting bolts is 10 7/8 inches. The Bartacts look to have around 15 inches spacing between the grommets. I really see no reason to have more than 13-ish inches.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These look notably better than the Amazon cheapies but still too long IMO and, paradoxically, less suited for my needs. The significant excess length on the Amazon cheapies makes it possible to fold them over and get them to just the right length. There isn't enough slack in the Bartacts to fold them over, or so it seems from the pics.

The center to center distance of the front mounting bolts is 10 7/8 inches. The Bartacts look to have around 15 inches spacing between the grommets. I really see no reason to have more than 13-ish inches.
I was able to fold the front two in, you can see it in the first pic and last pic, how the screw is covered up. The rear i left at full length, the middle pic, but you could fold them in if you wanted. Either way I am sure you will find something that works for yah.

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was able to fold the front two in, you can see it in the first pic and last pic, how the screw is covered up. The rear i left at full length, the middle pic, but you could fold them in if you wanted. Either way I am sure you will find something that works for yah.
Aah, I see now. This explains why they don't hang low. But you seem to not have driven the screw through the nylon strap when folding over, what prevents the strap from unfolding when you put your weight on it?

At the moment I am happy with the folded over cheapos. My wife is only infrequently in the vehicle and what I have is good enough.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aah, I see now. This explains why they don't hang low. But you seem to not have driven the screw through the nylon strap when folding over, what prevents the strap from unfolding when you put your weight on it?

At the moment I am happy with the folded over cheapos. My wife is only infrequently in the vehicle and what I have is good enough.
Not really sure how to explain it but have had them for two month now and they dont unwind. They stay in that folded position and hide the screw pretty well. Gives it a clean look with the hidden screws. Had they not been folded they would hang below the roof bar, which i didnt like. So same thinking as you. The rear screws are a bit further apart and sat right at the bottom of the bar without folding. I also have the bartact door storage bags. So that was also another reason to switch. Liked having matching gear and made in merica!!! 🇺🇸!!!

Ford Bronco Non saggy Paracord handles? IMG_6979

Ford Bronco Non saggy Paracord handles? IMG_6990

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get your desire to not have them hang too low. I'd rather 'bump' my head on this than any of the 'hard' options. I tried this with mine to see how I'd like it:

Rotate the grommet end to face up and the handle will not droop so low. You can rotate through the entire 360 degrees to see what that gives you. With it securely bolted in, there's no concern that it's not stout enough to hoist yourself in.
Sponsored