First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every Paracord handle I have seen posted here and elsewhere has looked about 1/2 to 1 inch too long. This causes the handle to sag and obstruct the entrance, and provide very limited support. I understand the design intent (unlike the Wrangler the handle on the Bronco cannot hang under the roll bar) but I still think they could have taken some length off and preserve the functionality.

I spent quite a bit of time on the sponsors pages for this forum, as well as Amazon. Finally I ordered something that looked non saggy... but alas it is just as a saggy as everything else, see pic. Stretching from use will contribute to worsening of this problem over time.

So...does anyone know of a non saggy set of handles? I am at a point where I can also insert grommets in the ones I have and cut them to size, but I would rather have something with a more finished look (don't have a sewing machine so I will have to use heat to seal the cut edges)

Ford Bronco Non saggy Paracord handles? 1000004253
Sponsored

Last edited:

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every Paracord handle I have seen posted here and elsewhere has looked about 1/2 to 1 inch too long. This causes the handle to sag and obstruct the entrance, and provide very limited support. I understand the design intent (unlike the Wrangler the handle on the Bronco cannot hang under the roll bar) but I still think they could have taken some length off and preserve the functionality.

I spent quite a bit of time on the sponsors pages for this forum, as well as Amazon. Finally I ordered something that looked non saggy... but alas it is just as a saggy as everything else, see pic. Stretching from use will contribute to worsening of this problem over time.

So...does anyone know of a non saggy set of handles? I am at a point where I can also insert grommets in the ones I have and cut them to size, but I would rather have something with a more finished look (don't have a sewing machine so I will have to use heat to seal the cut edges)

1000004253.jpg
Not paracord. But these have worked well and remain out of the way:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C1GMNJ8X?th=1

Ford Bronco Non saggy Paracord handles? 1687222453373

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have considered getting something like this. I do yuse my handles,(Cord) to get in. Not sure how those would work out.

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not paracord. But these have worked well and remain out of the way:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C1GMNJ8X?th=1
These look great. May order a set for the front now. Here they are with some rubber at a lower price
https://www.amazon.com/ROADER-Compatible-Aluminum-Interior-Accessories/dp/B0BWJ4BW7G

One has to wonder about the lateral torque on the screws though. These look similar, still potentially a good amount of torque.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BGR564DZ
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B8HRCM1P/

For those willing to brave AliExpress and save some bucks... Savings are not great and with Amazon you get return privileges like nowhere else
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-ford-bronco-aluminum--grab-handles.html

Also just came across these - they grey ones look shorter. Will email Bartact to see how long they are.
https://www.bartact.com/products/br...2023-pair-of-2-bartact?variant=39511493771307

Last edited:

Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have considered getting something like this. I do yuse my handles,(Cord) to get in. Not sure how those would work out.
Not as great for pulling yourself into the vehicle. There's a technique but it's probably more awkward and not as natural.

My wife uses those to pull her self up ... in someway.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, looking for some soft grab handles that is out of the way and tucked high.

Will probably have to buy a grommet kit off amazon and modify the paracord ones since there isnt any on the market that matches what i'm looking for.

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a paracord set off Amazon. I mounted them in the #2 and #3 position so not to hang down in my peripheral vision. You should be able to easily fold one end over to shorten it a little or cut and install a new grommet. I liked the fixed handles too but worried about hitting my head on them when off-roading or in an accident.

Ford Bronco Non saggy Paracord handles? IMG_8391

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's the Bartact handles. I dont think they hang down that low.
Ford Bronco Non saggy Paracord handles? 20221223_135607~2

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You should be able to easily fold one end over to shorten it a little or cut and install a new grommet.
This sir, is what GENIUS looks like. For the moment I just folded mine over, used a phillips head screwdriver to separate the nylon and then drove the screw through the original gromet and the new hole. Perfect size. My HF gromet kit is a bit too large and cheap for the job, may buy something nicer but since the handles are weaved nylon I don't think it will be required.

The shorter ha dles are much more supportive and useful, I have absolutely no clue why everything on the market is the length it is.

Ford Bronco Non saggy Paracord handles? 1000004258

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs