indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand why they don't offer colors similar to the early Bronco colors. From what I can tell only the Heritage models have anything close. Maybe it's just me but how many shades of gray do we need?
It's odd 40+ years later with all the production modern tech, Ford offers less colors than the early Bronco. The excuse often given is the Ford paint booths only have so many sprayers. Well add some more sprayers!
Sponsored

OP
OP

mzman

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would recommend highly recommend Antimatter Blue if they still produced it. It looks great next to many shades of yellow, such as maize!
Uggggggg bird crap yellow would look terrible.(n)

mlawrence74

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi..I just placed a order for a 2024 BB. I've got my build just right but can't seem to be good with a color. I originally picked the EG but went to a dealership yesterday and did not like it. I then picked the HPR from a swatch book the sales person showed me. I love red (not the race red) but from what I've seen there's a orange tint to this color which I'm not a fan of. I've always had white, gray, black etc colors in my vehicle and wanted something a little different for my Bronco. Being that I'm a OSU alum there's no way I could ever have a blue vehicle. Has anyone gotten the HPR and had the same apprehensions I have now? Could you tell me about how you feel about it now? I guess I'd pick the cactus gray if I had to pick another but that seems a bit bland.

TIA
Love my Base 2.7 SAS Hot Pepper Red Color, i don't see many around, I don't regret ordering this color one bit, its awesome
Ford Bronco NOOB with color question IMG_5889
!

Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If its gonna get pinstripes.....what mutes that and buffs out the easiest? What is the most timeless? That how I chose, but do like HPR

mikejames

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HPR is a fun colour. I never find it too orange; mostly I think of it as "red with some more depth". It varies a fair bit depending on lighting, but I've never looked at it and thought "I wish I'd gotten something else." In my mind it's definitely not as "tacticool" as some of the other colours, but that's fine for me... it's a bronco after all, not a hummer.

Have received a number of compliments in the general area of "good to see you didn't go for grey". It's rare(er than other colours), which I think will add to desirability long term.

Some shots in different light:
Ford Bronco NOOB with color question 20230402_140419~2

Ford Bronco NOOB with color question 20230304_173824~2

Ford Bronco NOOB with color question 20230701_144507~2

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Azure Gray here.. originally had cactus gray on the order and then saw both in person. I agree, see it in person if you can. I really like Azure Gray and am ok with the premium cost to get the color I want. I have a Red Mazda CX5 and it's a beautiful color, but I am just not a Red car person, regretted it from day one...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eff it, I'm still posting the pics since I found them!!
They somehow survived the very recent junk pic purge.

If you go with any other color besides EG, every time you see an EG Bronco color shifting to gold in the direct sun, you'll be jealous.
I had EG for a bit on my order, switched to VB ...quite happy with it AND it matches the old mans boat that I borrow occasionally! LOL

In real life, the color combo was very sharp.

1698622586020.png

1698622610683.png

1698622638777.png

1698622851600.png
Not sure how it displays on other's PCs/phones, but your HPR photos are what I've seen in person, when HPR is not getting hit by a lot of direct light. A guy in my neighborhood has HPR, and parked in the shade of his driveway, it looked a burnt orange similar to your pics. In the sun it brightens up a lot though.

As a red car guy, I would have gone race red, but it was burning my retinas even next to my bright red BRZ. Maybe the large slab surface area of the Bronco had something to do with it.

I think most of the colors have their different lightings and view points where they shine or not so much.

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually went by a dealership and saw a Maverick in HPR. Did not like it at all. I sent my salesperson to go back to EG. I was behind someone at a light today with the EG and love it. Final answer!!
Great choice! I’ve had my EG 2 door BL for over a year and a half now and continue to get many compliments on the color.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OSU...Buckeyes
O-H!
I have HPR and love it for its retro vibe but nothing but a chrome OSU license plate surround is on it to rep my Buckeyes. This would look appropriate on an HPR:
Ford Bronco NOOB with color question 13DD497B-F9C1-4B58-B426-AD3ABFD2D9F4

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would recommend highly recommend Antimatter Blue if they still produced it. It looks great next to many shades of yellow, such as maize!
Seems like you’re getting your signals crossed? It hurt us Buckeyes enough to buy a vehicle designed and assembled in that state up north. But TTUN owned us the last couple years and that I can’t deny, regardless of Harbaugh’s Belichikian ways.

OP
OP

mzman

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems like you’re getting your signals crossed? It hurt us Buckeyes enough to buy a vehicle designed and assembled in that state up north. But TTUN owned us the last couple years and that I can’t deny, regardless of Harbaugh’s Belichikian ways.
I-O..love it!!
O-H!
I have HPR and love it for its retro vibe but nothing but a chrome OSU license plate surround is on it to rep my Buckeyes. This would look appropriate on an HPR:
13DD497B-F9C1-4B58-B426-AD3ABFD2D9F4.jpeg
I saw a HPR at the dealership in the sunlight and I really thought it was a burnt orange which I don’t like. I decided to go with the EG and a buckeyes
I-O..they’ve always done the car thing pretty good up there but that’s about it fo sho!!

Jason519

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Idk..seeing all of these HPR makes me want to keep it. The only holdup I see on the EG is that it looks like a wizard of oz color.
Loving my eruption green I was down to the HPR and the green

IMG_7659.jpeg

IMG_6984.jpeg

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Color choice is obviously so individual. I honestly don't love any of the 2024 colors....lamenting that ruby red is gone.

I placed a 2024 order for iconic silver as the least offensive....🤣
Sponsored

Last edited: