First Name
Kaci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi - I hope it's ok to ask this here. I'm not finding much help at my local dealerships. I was pretty excited to make a Bronco reservation but when the time came to convert to order, I got completely overwhelmed and here I am several months later not sure what to do. I know what I definitely want and I know what I'd like to have, but I can't figure out how to get it all together on a Bronco. Maybe I'm missing something important, or maybe I just can't have what I'd like. Hoping someone can help because every time I try to build I struggle.

Definitely want: 4 door, manual transmission, keypad entry, step
Pretty sure I want: soft top
Like to have: dual climate control, heated seats, backup camera, 110v AC outlet

Most of the like to haves seem to be included in the MID level package, but I don't think I can get that package with a manual transmission. Am I overlooking something here?

I am 5'3" so a step will be good. I also can't seem to add that without the mid level package. I'm pretty sure I could get a step as an aftermarket add-on, but don't really like the hassle involved in that. (single without a lot of confidence I can install one myself so have to find a place to do it for me...I know, first world problem, but it would be great if I could just get it on my order.)

I've read in some other threads about needing to put in a new order next month because it will be a 2022 build - that's fine and maybe somehow this combination will magically be available then? Other question is - is there any reason I should go ahead & put in a build now if I'm going to have to re-do it in September?

Thanks so much!
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get the Mid package with the manual on a Badlands, but no steps because it has rock rails. I know you don't want to do this, but ordering steps as an accessory is the only way to get everything you want. That very well could change for model year '22.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi - I hope it's ok to ask this here. I'm not finding much help at my local dealerships. I was pretty excited to make a Bronco reservation but when the time came to convert to order, I got completely overwhelmed and here I am several months later not sure what to do. I know what I definitely want and I know what I'd like to have, but I can't figure out how to get it all together on a Bronco. Maybe I'm missing something important, or maybe I just can't have what I'd like. Hoping someone can help because every time I try to build I struggle.

Most of the like to haves seem to be included in the MID level package, but I don't think I can get that package with a manual transmission. Am I overlooking something here?

I am 5'3" so a step will be good. I also can't seem to add that without the mid level package. I'm pretty sure I could get a step as an aftermarket add-on, but don't really like the hassle involved in that. (single without a lot of confidence I can install one myself so have to find a place to do it for me...I know, first world problem, but it would be great if I could just get it on my order.)

I've read in some other threads about needing to put in a new order next month because it will be a 2022 build - that's fine and maybe somehow this combination will magically be available then? Other question is - is there any reason I should go ahead & put in a build now if I'm going to have to re-do it in September?

Thanks so much!
Probably a stupid question, but have you looked at the Badlands?

Whoops @BroncoKong Jr. beat me to it.

So yeah, go with that. Replacing rock rails for steps will be easy. I get the single woman thing, but you could probably find a friend to help. It's easier than you think ;)

OP
OP

nokitty00

First Name
Kaci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can get the Mid package with the manual on a Badlands, but no steps because it has rock rails. I know you don't want to do this, but ordering steps as an accessory is the only way to get everything you want. That very well could change for model year '22.
The Badlands with mid package puts me $10k over my standard build plus the extra I spend on step & install. While I would love to get all that it has, most of it is overkill for me so $10k is tough to justify. :(

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Badlands with mid package puts me $10k over my standard build plus the extra I spend on step & install. While I would love to get all that it has, most of it is overkill for me so $10k is tough to justify. :(
What you really need is a Big Bend w/rear locker in Race Red and call it a day! 😁

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Black diamond sounds right. But I thought adding the mid package gave you autostart, which means you can't have a manual transmission.
From what I've seen yes. Ford seems to have planned some these out that forces us to go up trim levels.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really wanted velocity blue :cry: - wish I'd found this forum last spring!
Velocity Blue?
Hell, go Base Squatch. Dump the manual and be happy?

Many of us here spent months going back and forth on builds, really it's nothing new. Very difficult to maintain a price point and get the things you want in the same package.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah well. I think you might have to sacrifice the manual and go with a Big Bend. Hopefully they'll switch up the options a bit next model year.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thanks so much!
Pretty much my build (BD) however mine is an auto. I wanted a stick but for me I knew it would turn into a hassle in traffic etc. Looks like thats the only way you can get what you want. I went back and forth a hundred times before I chose my BD auto 2.3 soft top in Cactus Gray. What I really wanted was 10k more than what I got, and that's already more than I feel comfortable spending to begin with. I hope they make changes for 22 that will be your perfect build.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base

I've read in some other threads about needing to put in a new order next month because it will be a 2022 build -
The Keypad is wireless and can be added later.
Backup Camera is mandated by Federal Law. So no choice, you get one whether you want it or not.

How important is Dual Climate Control and the 110v AC?

If you can live without those, then you can get everything else on a Big Bend 4-door. You can order steps and the keypad as accessories, and if necessary, accessories can be installed by the dealer.
Sponsored