Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks in advance. I do not have the horn yet, or I could use process of elimination to determine the best solution. I thought I would ask those that have wired many, many accessories. The horn I am purchasing (wiring separately from OEM horn) has red, black, and yellow wires. Yellow and red wires connect to a push auxiliary switch, presumably to momentarily complete the circuit.

If I wire to an aux switch, would I connect the red and yellow wires to the aux wire, allowing momentary completion of the circuit, as I flip the aux switch on/off?
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd have to see a wiring diagram to know for sure, but I would guess the red wire connects to the battery and switch, and the yellow goes from the switch to the horn. If that is true, you would simply connect the yellow to the AUX wire and throw away the red wire. And if you need more power that the aux circuit can handle, you'll have to use a relay.

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd have to see a wiring diagram to know for sure, but I would guess the red wire connects to the battery and switch, and the yellow goes from the switch to the horn. If that is true, you would simply connect the yellow to the AUX wire and throw away the red wire. And if you need more power that the aux circuit can handle, you'll have to use a relay.
Boom Blasters.jpg

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like it is using it's own relay, so yes, hook up the yellow to the aux wire and you should be good to go. But if you really want attention then simply hook the yellow straight to the battery positive :D

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like it is using it's own relay, so yes, hook up the yellow to the aux wire and you should be good to go. But if you really want attention then simply hook the yellow straight to the battery positive :D
Thanks! In a sample video, they have the black wire connected to the negative terminal, the red wire to the positive terminal, and just "Touch" the yellow wire to the positive terminal for a second. The horn cycles once.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like this idea. I have a couple aux switches still available. Let us know how it works

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just the single horse sound. Had it since Aug 21. Still sounds great, and gets a ton of laughs.
I have ordered the double whinny, and forcing air out its nostrils at the end. All for fun/laughs. OEM horn will still be the go-to, if needed.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have ordered the double whinny, and forcing air out its nostrils at the end. All for fun/laughs. OEM horn will still be the go-to, if needed.
I think that’s the one we have. When I said single, meant not the one that comes w remote that can do 4 diff sounds. It really cracks people up. And it is really loud. Even makes horses look at you like wtf.

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think that’s the one we have. When I said single, meant not the one that comes w remote that can do 4 diff sounds. It really cracks people up. And it is really loud. Even makes horses look at you like wtf.
I look forward to the humor aspect. My girlfriend's Granddaughter will get a kick out of it (she is 8).

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here I am using the horn in Big Bend NP. If you turn it up, the horse actually whinnies back.
Iguana, did you connect using the OEM button, a remote version, or connect to an aux switch?
Sponsored