First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From my understanding these are just dampers, so at higher speeds and transitions, they also stay stiff and do nothing, and only collapse or reach full extension under slow speed flex. I could be wrong though.
What happens on road in a long, sustained curve? Does the car lean more and more through the turn as the shocks gradually extend/compress?

Jason
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sasquatch 2DR; '78 FJ40; '85 T4R
Your Bronco Model
Base
What happens on road in a long, sustained curve? Does the car lean more and more through the turn as the shocks gradually extend/compress?

Jason
Only slightly more lean initially, then once collapsed they act like a rigid link when cornering. We look some on-road video when cornering and will post it soon. Tested on mountain roads with varying curves, very stable.

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just ordered a set. Order #2053 Thanks :)

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was able to finally get mine on when weather cooled down a little bit 😎. Will say on road the steering wheel vibration feels better and over little dips and bumps it feels softer and not so tight as before. Can’t wait to hit a trail with it!

IMG_5268.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Installation on Badlands:

Last week we installed the BOSS Walker Link System on a 4-Door Badlands with KING Shocks. We had previously driven this Bronco and were able to compare the ride quality after install and there was a noticeable improvement. We drove it on dirt roads and at highway speeds, which in Utah is 80 MPH. The washboard bumps and cattle guard crossings were much smoother!

The stock Badlands swaybar links are the same as the other models, as shown below:
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: BOSS "Walker Link" Sway Bar Shock System - Great alternative to disconnects! StockLinkBL

We started by taking "before" measurements on a make-shift ramp to be able to evaluate the effect of the new link system.

This picture is with the stock links and Sta-bar engaged.
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: BOSS "Walker Link" Sway Bar Shock System - Great alternative to disconnects! IMG_20230802_101530106

This picture is also with stock links, but with the Sta-bar disengaged, showing about +3" gain to the same point on the LCA.
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: BOSS "Walker Link" Sway Bar Shock System - Great alternative to disconnects! WLDis

We then installed the kit on both sides, only having to rotate the lower mount slightly and use a jack to lift the lower arm and get the new link lined up with the Sta-bar.
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: BOSS "Walker Link" Sway Bar Shock System - Great alternative to disconnects! WLBL_L

We then took "after" measurements and determined that with the new links, there was about 1.5-2" gained when the Sta-bar was engaged, which is in line with other models, and with the Sta-bar disengaged, the measurement was the same before and after, as would be expected.

Here is a short video showing the new Boss Walker Link as the Sta-bar button is pushed.

So, for those with Badlands, these will benefit your ride quality when the Sta-bar needs to stay engaged (20+MPH), and they do not interfere with being able to disengage the Sta-bar.

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a longer video of the BOSS "Walker-Link" System in action both on and off-road.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

this is neat but not quite enough....

the way it should have been done is with airshocks or hydraulic cylinders interconnected across the front with a on/off valve.

Obviously then when the valve is open, the fluid or air can travel between either shock, additionally when one is forced up the fluid or air would force the other one down creating the opposite effect of the sway bar. This would definitely enhance traction be on anything else available a sway bar reverser is the future I've been saying this for many years. And even built one for an Isuzu vehicross that did similar.

74Bob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '11 F150 FX4 Eco, '06 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered mine today. Hope to have it in time for Super Celebration West. Anything to help with a little flex on our WT.

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered mine today. Hope to have it in time for Super Celebration West. Anything to help with a little flex on our WT.
Thank you for your order! We are just waiting on more shocks from Walker Evans. They were recently acquired by Polaris, so that transition delayed our shipment a bit. The are in production and we'll have an update early next week, but I expect that we can get them to you in time for the event. We had hoped to go to that event as well, but it doesn't look feasible. We will be at the one in Nevada though.

Sponsored

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was able to finally get mine on when weather cooled down a little bit 😎. Will say on road the steering wheel vibration feels better and over little dips and bumps it feels softer and not so tight as before. Can’t wait to hit a trail with it!
Yeah, not sure if is just a placebo effect but I swear this past week some of the roads I usually drive on are a little smoother.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who drives a 2 door that has installed this?

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who drives a 2 door that has installed this?
They were developed on a 2 door and the videos posted are on a 2 door as well.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 door here as well.
Have you done any hard turns or braking? You said it's smoother on bumpy roads but did it increase the pitching/ brake dive? My Hitachi shocks stink in traffic circles and hard braking as well as off road which is why I'm installing takeoff Badlands shocks.
Sponsored