Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not so long story, very short: Bunch of burly hogs (Harley's) rolled by out front and my 2023 Bronco started going off like it has an alarm.

WTF is that about?
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Screenshot_20230311-131447.png

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No clue, only thing in owners manual is the passive alarm but doesn't go into much detail.
It's more like a goober test:

The nasty gobble roar of some big 'ol hogs (there's a Harley dealership across the freeway).

"Trying to work here!"

Car alarm starts going off. MASSIVE eye roll, like epic.

"Who's dang alarm is that? What a jerk. Who has car alarms these days."

Minutes pass.

"Man, how long is that gonna go off? Probably left or something. Takes all kinds!"

Walk out front.

"Oh, it's someone in my alley. Whatever..."

Start going to the back to get my Bronco out of the garage and get out on a trail.

"Man, it must be my neighbors Jeep or truck. Sounds like it's right there."

Stop and look out window. Nothing.

"Dang, glad I'm going to the trail."

Opens door to garage.

"Wut. The. HOOONK! HOOOONK!! HOOOONK!!!"

😅

No shit, the above is blow-by-blow what happened.

Last edited:

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gonna have to fire up the bike to see what happens

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we have a basic alarm that can be set off by vibration, like most vehicles for the last 20+ years - my Harley will easily set off my '02 Trans Am ;)
Extra points to you for owning a Trans-Am. Subtracting points because it's an '02 rather than an '82.

If it were a '78, you'd get awarded Badass Man of the Year award. :)

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Extra points to you for owning a Trans-Am. Subtracting points because it's an '02 rather than an '82.

If it were a '78, you'd get awarded Badass Man of the Year award. :)
I appreciate that and don't disagree, however, the fun things about an '02:

1. Airbags keep the wife happy.

2. LS1

3. Parts readily available

4. Pop ups! And sexy popups with 2 bulbs per side instead of 1

5. LS1

6. Latch anchors for the top of the car seats

7. LS1

8. Fuel injection

Oh, and did I mention the '98-02 come with an LS1 stock from the factory? ;)

Long story on my history: had a '93 camaro base as one of my first vehicles, an '87 Formula in '99, an '11 Camaro SS in '11... So I have a love for F bodies...

In 2017, I had a Subaru WRX Sti. Brand new, Corsa exhaust, A pillar guages, roof rack, brush guard, etc. Loved it, put lots of money and hours into it, etc. My wife and I were trying to have a child, and became successful. We traded in her '08 BMW 3 series on a new Mazda CX-7. Her coworker asked about the CX-7 the next day, and my wife told her she was pregnant. My wife's employment was terminated at the end of the next business day. :(

I know, we should sue, but it's really to prove something like that so we moved on. Down to a single income, the payment on the Subaru was just too much. And I wanted my wife to have the CX-7 as she would be driving around southwest FL and I wanted her and the baby to have a brand new, reliable vehicle with good air conditioning. So the Subaru had to go...

So I started looking at used beaters that I might enjoy. I didn't want to simply get a 20 year old Civic or something, I wanted something fun. And Reliable. looking through used cars, I found the LS1 Trans Ams to be a great option. T-tops, leather, LS1, sounds great! I really wanted a 6 speed, and had eyes on some in the $9K to $15K range. I'd have to take out a loan, but $200 a month would work...

Then, one day, a black auto trans am popped up 15 miles away for $3200. 135K miles! I went, test drove, and bought ASAP! While I didn't want an auto, for $3K I couldn't pass it up. Did a muffler delete, plugs, wires, all fluids, and a shift knob. Drove that sucker all over the place and even road tripped it to mid GA and back. Ran like a champ...

Things got better, paid off some debt, and started looking at the Wrangler JLs. Ordered a Rubicon in April of '19 and it came in 3 weeks later to the day (imagine that now!). Traded in the Trans Am for what I paid for it...

A year later, with my second baby girl on the way, I took a motorcycle trip for a few days to clear my head. I was terrified the entire time. 65mph backroad in FL are no joke, people passing at 110mph, etc, I went to Mt Dora and then to Cedar Key, only to be tariffed that I would be taken out by some meth smoking punk trying to pass a semi that exists only in his imagination. Chilling in Cedar Key, I started looking at C5 corvettes. I was seriously considering seeing if I could trade my Harley for a C5 straight up and drive home. But I didn't, and I made it home safe and sound. But I had an itch...

So I started looking in to C5s. There are lots of great options out there, and if I was going to get a used corvette, I'd probably go the C5 route. And I looked in person, and with my wife. But, I kept coming back to Trans Ams. I really loved my '98, and they have the plus of having a back seat, not a bad idea with one kid already and another on the way. So, it's March of 2020 and I'm looking at Trans Ams...

And with Covd starting, and I already work from home, and I have a Trans Am budget, and I'm looking all over the place, I find an '02 6 speed for a great deal right around the corner from my house. Carfax checked out (I know that isn't everything), but a black 6 speed w/ 87K miles for $7K, I'm in! Bought it, added a carbon fiber WS6 hood, carbon fiber sail panel, pioneer head unit, then took it to THE LS1 guy in Tampa to fix the oil leak, which turned into a ZR1 clutch, new oil pan gasket, harmonic balancer, plugs and wires, and I asked why the front end squeaked and it turnout everything was shot so he put in new tie rods ball joints steering rack etc, and then I said since I'm running up a ridiculous bill can you add a cat back (which I normally would install myself but was about to move and knew I wouldn't have a chance to do it for at least a couple years). He also suggested while they did the exhaust they should drop the fuel tank and replace the pump and I said hell yeah. So in March of 2021 I drove the Trans Am off the lot from his shop, back to my house for a day, and then to a paring lot to meet the transporter to put it on the truck for PA.

Anyways, I'll try to wrap it up, but I love it. My kids love the Trans Am as well - they always want to listen to "we Will Rock You" in it. And while I would love a 70's or 80's T/A, I do love the comforts of good A/C, fuel injection, and latches for the car seats... Oh, and did I mention it has an LS1?

Thank you for reading, I probably have more detail to share, like how my first daughter was 2 when I brought it home and she said "baby own car?" LOL. But I will leave you with this: my Covid mullet and Trans AM:

Ford Bronco Odd thing happened when hogs went by thumbnail_IMG_0358

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I set off my OWN car alarms and still smile 🤣

170C8427-9563-49AD-88A6-F9CF981276A3.jpeg

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate that and don't disagree, however, the fun things about an '02:

1. Airbags keep the wife happy.

2. LS1

3. Parts readily available

4. Pop ups! And sexy popups with 2 bulbs per side instead of 1

5. LS1

6. Latch anchors for the top of the car seats

7. LS1

8. Fuel injection

Oh, and did I mention the '98-02 come with an LS1 stock from the factory? ;)

Long story on my history: had a '93 camaro base as one of my first vehicles, an '87 Formula in '99, an '11 Camaro SS in '11... So I have a love for F bodies...

In 2017, I had a Subaru WRX Sti. Brand new, Corsa exhaust, A pillar guages, roof rack, brush guard, etc. Loved it, put lots of money and hours into it, etc. My wife and I were trying to have a child, and became successful. We traded in her '08 BMW 3 series on a new Mazda CX-7. Her coworker asked about the CX-7 the next day, and my wife told her she was pregnant. My wife's employment was terminated at the end of the next business day. :(

I know, we should sue, but it's really to prove something like that so we moved on. Down to a single income, the payment on the Subaru was just too much. And I wanted my wife to have the CX-7 as she would be driving around southwest FL and I wanted her and the baby to have a brand new, reliable vehicle with good air conditioning. So the Subaru had to go...

So I started looking at used beaters that I might enjoy. I didn't want to simply get a 20 year old Civic or something, I wanted something fun. And Reliable. looking through used cars, I found the LS1 Trans Ams to be a great option. T-tops, leather, LS1, sounds great! I really wanted a 6 speed, and had eyes on some in the $9K to $15K range. I'd have to take out a loan, but $200 a month would work...

Then, one day, a black auto trans am popped up 15 miles away for $3200. 135K miles! I went, test drove, and bought ASAP! While I didn't want an auto, for $3K I couldn't pass it up. Did a muffler delete, plugs, wires, all fluids, and a shift knob. Drove that sucker all over the place and even road tripped it to mid GA and back. Ran like a champ...

Things got better, paid off some debt, and started looking at the Wrangler JLs. Ordered a Rubicon in April of '19 and it came in 3 weeks later to the day (imagine that now!). Traded in the Trans Am for what I paid for it...

A year later, with my second baby girl on the way, I took a motorcycle trip for a few days to clear my head. I was terrified the entire time. 65mph backroad in FL are no joke, people passing at 110mph, etc, I went to Mt Dora and then to Cedar Key, only to be tariffed that I would be taken out by some meth smoking punk trying to pass a semi that exists only in his imagination. Chilling in Cedar Key, I started looking at C5 corvettes. I was seriously considering seeing if I could trade my Harley for a C5 straight up and drive home. But I didn't, and I made it home safe and sound. But I had an itch...

So I started looking in to C5s. There are lots of great options out there, and if I was going to get a used corvette, I'd probably go the C5 route. And I looked in person, and with my wife. But, I kept coming back to Trans Ams. I really loved my '98, and they have the plus of having a back seat, not a bad idea with one kid already and another on the way. So, it's March of 2020 and I'm looking at Trans Ams...

And with Covd starting, and I already work from home, and I have a Trans Am budget, and I'm looking all over the place, I find an '02 6 speed for a great deal right around the corner from my house. Carfax checked out (I know that isn't everything), but a black 6 speed w/ 87K miles for $7K, I'm in! Bought it, added a carbon fiber WS6 hood, carbon fiber sail panel, pioneer head unit, then took it to THE LS1 guy in Tampa to fix the oil leak, which turned into a ZR1 clutch, new oil pan gasket, harmonic balancer, plugs and wires, and I asked why the front end squeaked and it turnout everything was shot so he put in new tie rods ball joints steering rack etc, and then I said since I'm running up a ridiculous bill can you add a cat back (which I normally would install myself but was about to move and knew I wouldn't have a chance to do it for at least a couple years). He also suggested while they did the exhaust they should drop the fuel tank and replace the pump and I said hell yeah. So in March of 2021 I drove the Trans Am off the lot from his shop, back to my house for a day, and then to a paring lot to meet the transporter to put it on the truck for PA.

Anyways, I'll try to wrap it up, but I love it. My kids love the Trans Am as well - they always want to listen to "we Will Rock You" in it. And while I would love a 70's or 80's T/A, I do love the comforts of good A/C, fuel injection, and latches for the car seats... Oh, and did I mention it has an LS1?

Thank you for reading, I probably have more detail to share, like how my first daughter was 2 when I brought it home and she said "baby own car?" LOL. But I will leave you with this: my Covid mullet and Trans AM:

Ford Bronco Odd thing happened when hogs went by 170C8427-9563-49AD-88A6-F9CF981276A3
Read the entire post with a shit eating grin! That’s awesome man.

Ok, you win Badass Man of the Year award! And hats off to you for being an awesome dad with a kick ass mullet to match.

not sure who your team is, but that’s a ROLL DAMN TIDE!
Sponsored