Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna order mine and instead of cut them I'm going to use a heat gun to heat up the plastic and press it up against the rock rails to mold the flap around the end of the rock rail. Good idea though as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WClintM

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for this thread. Where did you purchase the OEM splash guards? Are these the Ford ones or another manufacturer? Can you provide a part number or link?
M2DZ-16A550-AA

iradi8

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, here's the secret template. The way he's doing these is simple and accounts for mounting variation between vehicles.

The template is pushed over the end of the board, mud flap installed on vehicle then the template is taped to the flap, flap removed and can then be cut. It's slightly undersize to the finished hole but has worked well for the two we've done.

cuttemplate.jpg

cuttemplate2.jpg

cuttemplate3.jpg
This is much cheaper than buying anything else! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
WClintM

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK i know i will be asking a lot, but would it be possible for you to remove a front flap and take a picture of it or a do a template, i bet a few of us would be ready to pay for the trouble. I know i would.
I’ll try to get to it next week. Leaving this evening for the Vegas Off-Roadeo.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You beat me to it. The wood burner/multitip tool will get this done easily. I've used these for stippling firearms. I'm guessing it will melt through that plastic like butter.

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I think the best approach would be to actually trim back the rock rail itself.

The odds of you needing extra coverage of the rock rail in that area with mud flaps in place is zero, it will look better, and you then have mud flaps without a hole in them :)

Maybe a little more work upfront but probably worth it.

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey There,
I just called WeatherTech at (800)-441-6287 and spoke with a Customer Service Agent. She confirmed that they do not presently make a Splash Guard / Mud Flap for a 2021 Ford Bronco but she did confirm they are forthcoming. I asked her if she can see when they will be available and she was able to see the following in the notes:

- Front Splash Guards / Mud Flaps = ETA of 2-3 Weeks (*from 11-11-21)
- Rear Splash Guards / Mud Flaps = ETA of 6-8 Weeks (*from 11-11-21)

The notes did not indicate fitment information for Sasquatch or Standard or any other details such as Rock Rails etc. Just Year, Make, and Model.

Perhaps this is a good sign. When I got my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (with rock rails) it took them a while but they did eventually make the Splash Guard to accommodate the rock rails. In that the flap was not cut through but the plastic was molded to contour the rock rail when installed. I was very happy with them and I'll likely be holding out for the same for the Badlands w/ SAS.

I can't promise the above is going to happen but sharing what the WeatherTech agent explained to me when I asked for forward looking forecast of availability.
Thanks,
Matt

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Honestly I think the best approach would be to actually trim back the rock rail itself.

The odds of you needing extra coverage of the rock rail in that area with mud flaps in place is zero, it will look better, and you then have mud flaps without a hole in them :)

Maybe a little more work upfront but probably worth it.
Hmm, cut steel $500 rock rails or $45 mud flaps??? 🤔

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, cut steel $500 rock rails or $45 mud flaps??? 🤔
The component value difference may be real, but so is the jank-ass appearance of mud flaps with holes in them. Not to mention the loss of primary function... which is to not let mud through.

I think better overall appearance and integration can be achieved by trimming the sliders. Not everyone has the skills/tools to do this cleanly so it's not an option for everyone. But for those who can...

Sponsored

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mudflaps and sliders really aren't compatible together on any vehicle.

Picture this... while going over rocks, the mudflap folds back and is now pinched between the rock and rock slider, the mudflap is now sliding on the rock slider and slowly gets torn off...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mudflaps and sliders really aren't compatible together on any vehicle.

Picture this... while going over rocks, the mudflap folds back and is now pinched between the rock and rock slider, the mudflap is now sliding on the rock slider and slowly gets torn off...
True - however it depends on how often you are on the rocks. My take would be run the mud flaps for rock chip protection and take them off when you are preparing for crawling.

Of course we also know the rock rails don't offer the same protection sliders do, so they are likely getting swapped out anyway. And those slider may offer the rock chip protection needed anyway.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a highly precise, technical, piece of cardboard. LOL. I need to have my warehouse pull a front set and talk to the tech who made it.
Yes, please! I like technical cardboard1

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip

So you are just cutting a hole for the step?

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed ours today. 😃 It was a little bit of work cutting the holes in the right place but got'er done. It's a shame that Ford doesn't offer a set of these that are compatible with the rock rails.

Ford Bronco OEM Ford Splash Guard modification for use with rock rails [updated with template] 20211111_163934

Ford Bronco OEM Ford Splash Guard modification for use with rock rails [updated with template] 20211111_163920
Sponsored