Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been reading through a bunch of the tire threads here, but hoping to get some info from folks who have done a swap specifically from the OEM Goodyear Sasquatch tires (315/70/R17) to the KO2 35x12.5/R17 tires.

• Would love to see some “before” and “after” pictures on the factory Sasquatch wheels (Not interested in aftermarket wheels).
  • These tires are slightly larger than the Goodyears, but I’m assuming there’s no issues with rubbing or with the spare tire fitting?
  • Any improvement on the issue of throwing rocks, like the Goodyears do? I realize all tires do this, but any improvements?
  • Are the KO2’s an upgrade? Equivalent? Downgrade?
  • Are these more heavy duty and better off-road than the Goodyears?
  • Any general feedback on the KO2’s is welcome too!

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Would love to see some “before” and “after” pictures on the factory Sasquatch wheels (Not interested in aftermarket wheels). I don't have any at the moment, but KO2s just have a much cleaner look then the Goodyears. I will try and get a few pics this weekend, weather permitting, but they look better in my opinion.
  • These tires are slightly larger than the Goodyears, but I’m assuming there’s no issues with rubbing or with the spare tire fitting? Not much taller if at all, but they are wider and give the bronco a better stance, plus they ride much better and you will notice this as soon as you leave the tire shop!
  • Any improvement on the issue of throwing rocks, like the Goodyears do? I realize all tires do this, but any improvements? They are so much better than the stock GY, but like you said, they all will pick up a rock and throw it sooner or later. I have picked up a few and that was down a dirt/gravel road, so no suprise there.
  • Are the KO2’s an upgrade? Equivalent? Downgrade? KO2s are an upgrade in my opinion, but it probably depends on the usage. Mine have seen snow, rain and dirt and no issues, but my GY did great in snow also!
  • Are these more heavy duty and better off-road than the Goodyears? These are much heavier than the stock GY, so expect a few hits on mileage, I see 1-2MPGs worse now with my KO2s, but I plan to change to some RTR rims, so long term, this isn't a big deal for me, plus, I don't worry about MPGs.
  • Any general feedback on the KO2’s is welcome too! You will notice that they ride quieter also, my wife could tell when we were at hwy speeds, radio wasn't turned up as loud and we could hold a normal conversation. I also have a hard top, so that helps lol!

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are these more heavy duty and better off-road than the Goodyears? These are much heavier than the stock GY,
as they are heavier, did you do a rear gate enhancement?

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

as they are heavier, did you do a rear gate enhancement?
They are heavier by 13.19lbs, I already have the Hammer Built tire gate reinforcement, so no issue there for me.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Would love to see some “before” and “after” pictures on the factory Sasquatch wheels (Not interested in aftermarket wheels). I don't have any at the moment, but KO2s just have a much cleaner look then the Goodyears. I will try and get a few pics this weekend, weather permitting, but they look better in my opinion.
  • These tires are slightly larger than the Goodyears, but I’m assuming there’s no issues with rubbing or with the spare tire fitting? Not much taller if at all, but they are wider and give the bronco a better stance, plus they ride much better and you will notice this as soon as you leave the tire shop!
  • Any improvement on the issue of throwing rocks, like the Goodyears do? I realize all tires do this, but any improvements? They are so much better than the stock GY, but like you said, they all will pick up a rock and throw it sooner or later. I have picked up a few and that was down a dirt/gravel road, so no suprise there.
  • Are the KO2’s an upgrade? Equivalent? Downgrade? KO2s are an upgrade in my opinion, but it probably depends on the usage. Mine have seen snow, rain and dirt and no issues, but my GY did great in snow also!
  • Are these more heavy duty and better off-road than the Goodyears? These are much heavier than the stock GY, so expect a few hits on mileage, I see 1-2MPGs worse now with my KO2s, but I plan to change to some RTR rims, so long term, this isn't a big deal for me, plus, I don't worry about MPGs.
  • Any general feedback on the KO2’s is welcome too! You will notice that they ride quieter also, my wife could tell when we were at hwy speeds, radio wasn't turned up as loud and we could hold a normal conversation. I also have a hard top, so that helps lol!
Thanks very much.

I've heard the KO2's aren't great in the rain (and assuming snow too, by default). Can you shed any extra light on this? We get a lot of rain here, and I will say the Goodyear's have been very good from that aspect.

I also have the TOR tailgate reinforcement bracket, so the added weight on the back doesn't concern me. Nice to hear that the sound and ride quality seem to have improved too! Thanks for your very helpful insights!

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks very much.

I've heard the KO2's aren't great in the rain (and assuming snow too, by default). Can you shed any extra light on this? We get a lot of rain here, and I will say the Goodyear's have been very good from that aspect.

I also have the TOR tailgate reinforcement bracket, so the added weight on the back doesn't concern me. Nice to hear that the sound and ride quality seem to have improved too! Thanks for your very helpful insights!
Sure, so here in SoCal, we have had a ton of rain this year, and I was very concerned when I read people saying these KO2s suck on wet pavement, but in all my driving I did in then heavy rain, not once did I ever feel nervous, obviously, I will drive a bit more cautios because of the weather, but the tires handled the roads with ease. A few week ago, made one last weekend trip to get some snowboarding in, hit up BrianHead in Utah, it snowed everynight out and it was fresh powder, side note, great snowboarding area there at a reasonalbe price, but the tires handled the area like I was a pro, I don't feel they did any better or worse than the stock GY, I took the GY in some heavy snow back in New Mexico and it was suprising how well they did. Again, the KO2s did what I needed, just getting me up to the mountains and back, I did not do any trails if that is what you are looking for, mine was a simple drive up and back, family and I all made it back home safely, the bronco has been great!

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been reading through a bunch of the tire threads here, but hoping to get some info from folks who have done a swap specifically from the OEM Goodyear Sasquatch tires (315/70/R17) to the KO2 35x12.5/R17 tires.

• Would love to see some “before” and “after” pictures on the factory Sasquatch wheels (Not interested in aftermarket wheels).
  • These tires are slightly larger than the Goodyears, but I’m assuming there’s no issues with rubbing or with the spare tire fitting?
  • Any improvement on the issue of throwing rocks, like the Goodyears do? I realize all tires do this, but any improvements?
  • Are the KO2’s an upgrade? Equivalent? Downgrade?
  • Are these more heavy duty and better off-road than the Goodyears?
  • Any general feedback on the KO2’s is welcome too!

Thanks in advance!
Photo says it all - middle and left are the same size tire (albeit different load rating)

Nothing will be a better street tire than the GY. Extremely light weight, quiet, soft load rating.

Anything from a tier 1 aftermarket supplier will be more capable in the rough stuff. There's a ton of options at 35x12.5 so I'd look into a lot more than just the KO2 to find what you're looking for.

Ford Bronco OEM Goodyears 315/70/R17 vs. KO2 35x12.5/R17 IMG_5121

Last edited:

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
KO2’s absolutely suck in snow.
I’ve never had a problem, been using them in Colorado winters for 10+ years. Maybe it’s a skill issue?

What’s a better option in your opinion?

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No rubbing, a lot less rocks thrown. All around a much better tire.

SAS with Goodyears 2021.

Ford Bronco OEM Goodyears 315/70/R17 vs. KO2 35x12.5/R17 20220118_113752

Ford Bronco OEM Goodyears 315/70/R17 vs. KO2 35x12.5/R17 20220118_113835

SAS with 35" Bfgs. 2022
Ford Bronco OEM Goodyears 315/70/R17 vs. KO2 35x12.5/R17 20220227_085001
Ford Bronco OEM Goodyears 315/70/R17 vs. KO2 35x12.5/R17 20220227_092129
Ford Bronco OEM Goodyears 315/70/R17 vs. KO2 35x12.5/R17 20220716_122934

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a ton of options at 35x12.5 so I'd look into a lot more than just the KO2 to find what you're looking for.
Thanks!

I'm also looking at the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W or AT4W, but they aren't easy to find right now (at least, not in Canada).

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks very much.

BFG KO's used to be my go to tire, but the world has caught up! My personal review would be the Goodyears are better in most driving scenarios, but is a bit tougher and throw less rocks, but sucks in the snow!

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KO2’s absolutely suck in snow.
Agree. KO2 are notoriously poor in snow on pavement. But that's the only situation where I found them lacking grip.

GoodThunder

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Badlands, Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an FYI, you can get the "Ford Performance" version of the KO2 in 315/70/17 with C rating which is a little bit lighter than the 35x12.5 at 62 lbs vs. 66 lbs. It is 34.4" diameter vs. 34.5"...and 12.7" wide vs. 12.5". It only comes in black wall though if you were hoping for the white letters.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just a quick update: I ended up ordering the Mickey Thompsons Baja Boss A/T in a 35x12.5R17 - Be a few weeks before they arrive, but I'm super excited to get them installed!

Anyone gone to a 35x12.5R17 (any make/model of tire) from the OEM Sasquatch 315/70/R17 on the factory wheels? Any issues fitting it on the factory spare tire carrier (I have a tailgate reinforcement bracket, but more looking at the spacing with the top of the rear bumper) or the front wheels rubbing at full turn?
Sponsored