Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I looked at quite a few online, and then looked at several in person at the rv show. Most seemed to be 5x8 or 5x10 or something close to that. I ended up building just shy of 5’ wide, 10’ long and 4.5’ box height.

For length I wanted to be able to have a rear galley, then a main cabin with enough room to have some storage and be able to sleep in it. When I added this all up, it came to 10’.
How much does it weigh?
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent work, fit-n-finish. Kudos!
It's none of our business on the cost, but would you say you made out well compared to all of these companies offering up similar items from their factories?
Again, great work and it looks well thought-out and useful where it counts!

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a total of five boys. Two of them are twins that are 7 years old. They wanted to help, so I had them help me pack the wheel bearing and put the brakes/hubs on the axle. I didn’t want them to get grease all over their cloths so I put garbage bags on them. It was a hoot having them help.
A7E490A6-4716-4F2A-A5A7-C57FC372F342.jpeg
2709A5E2-73BA-4BA9-85CC-FC1096EDFF62.jpeg
Sweet build and then I saw this part, luv it memories that you’re kids will never forget. When my two were about this age there first project with me was putting an air horn and compressor on an F150 we kept that truck for 21 yrs just for the horn and they still talk about that truck today

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's cool man, especially that you kept at it and finished it. Is that a bed in the back?

Missy

Wildtrak
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is just amazing! You did an amazing job on it! This inspires me that we could do this! The trailers that we have been looking at are so expensive with things that we just do not need, this is simple and functional! Awesome!

Sponsored
OP
OP
EMBronco

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Excellent work, fit-n-finish. Kudos!
It's none of our business on the cost, but would you say you made out well compared to all of these companies offering up similar items from their factories?
Again, great work and it looks well thought-out and useful where it counts!
When I started researching for the build, I was surprised to find that little trailers like this ranged in price anywhere from 8k to 100k. I would say that comparable trailers to mine were in the 15-25k range. I spent somewhere between 9-10k. So maybe cost about half of what it would to purchase one complete.

When I started I was going to keep track of all the cost, but you start to lose track of all the little things like nuts, bolts, wire connectors, etc., pretty fast.

OP
OP
EMBronco

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's cool man, especially that you kept at it and finished it. Is that a bed in the back?
Yes, it's a tri-fold mattress. It folds out into a bed, or you can fold it up to sit on, or just give extra room for stuff you might want to pack in the trailer

OP
OP
EMBronco

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is just amazing! You did an amazing job on it! This inspires me that we could do this! The trailers that we have been looking at are so expensive with things that we just do not need, this is simple and functional! Awesome!
You should go for it! Here's a video of a build series I watched prior to starting my trailer. In it He builds a nice, clean looking, simple trailer. It's where I got a lot of ideas.

Missy

Wildtrak
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You should go for it! Here's a video of a build series I watched prior to starting my trailer. In it He builds a nice, clean looking, simple trailer. It's where I got a lot of ideas.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I started researching for the build, I was surprised to find that little trailers like this ranged in price anywhere from 8k to 100k. I would say that comparable trailers to mine were in the 15-25k range. I spent somewhere between 9-10k. So maybe cost about half of what it would to purchase one complete.

When I started I was going to keep track of all the cost, but you start to lose track of all the little things like nuts, bolts, wire connectors, etc., pretty fast.
Thanks for that. Sounds quite fair, plus you get the satisfaction of DIY, and the memories with the young ones. And on top of that, something they can use someday that they had a hand helping Dad build with his own hands.
And that is priceless.

And same. Back when I had the "let's just tow a camping trailer on our adventures" bug I was amazed at the price variations, the options I never thought of, and the overall OTD pricing on relatively spartan units compared to higher-end units.

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn! That's exactly what I want. Don't have the tools or skill to do it. Looks great!

Scoop

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '74, '76, & '78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice! Without any prior research, I started drawing up some trailer ideas. Surprisingly (to me!) my sketches looked pretty similar to what you have done. Nice work!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
EMBronco

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gorgeous trailer, and sweet Bronco!

I see you're from Utah - if you're interested in a group trail ride, we have one coming up on the 19th, about 20-30 minutes west of Saratoga Springs and Eagle Mountain.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-events/5-mile-pass-mine-run-and-more.142/
That sounds like a good time. However, I'm going to be out of town that weekend, but would love to connect on any future rides. I live in Eagle Mountain, so 5 Mile is super close for me.

Have you seen the new Ford Performance Raptor track they built just past 5-mile?
Sponsored