Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to subscribe to any conspiracy theory. But none of the employees at the Off Roadeo are employed by Ford. Since it is your supposition that Ford has final say in all matters at Off Roadeo, than please provide supporting evidence.
Off Roadeo is ran by the same marketing company as Bronco Nation. The marketing company serves the needs of Ford and thus Ford can tell them to do anything they want. If they want.

While unfortunate and perhaps ironically the Bronco failed and complicated the travel they still could have made it. Inconvenient or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Salt Shaker

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks,

I get it you gotta pay to play. I am very blessed to have Bronco that sits in the garage 95% of the time.

What I wasn't expecting was to shell out another couple hundred to reschedule and zip on the refund due to the issue of me not being there was a Ford Bronco issue.

It's not the cost...it's the irony of it all.

It does make a good story when someone asks me how the off-rodeo went. Not necessarily a good light on the "Bronco Experience".

Even the dealer was like F that, talk to Ford an offered a letter and documentation.

I was rather frustrated yesterday, after 2 hours on the phone being pinging all over.

Breath in Breath out move on...

Salt

Fred

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was lucky enough to go a couple weeks ago to off-Roadeo in Nevada. Diego was the best guide. It was such a great experience, I learned so much about the capabilities of these trucks, and I learned what all the hero switches do. I would highly recommend this. I was lucky I just bought my Bronco so it only cost me $35 and I was given a $250 credit for the store when I got there. I chose the Yeti/Bronco flip 12 cooler since it was almost free with the credit. Now if they could figure out how to open the Bronco Barn on Rancho Drive (in Las Vegas) I could go spend some ca$h!

AD6381AF-F722-4DEC-91E9-85605B0597CD.jpeg

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Legally setup not to be Ford just like Bronco Nation is set up, but if you think Ford doesn’t have final say and a shit load of control you’re mistaken.
I'll jump in and say confidently Ford has little control unless you get the ear of an exec that could potentially pull the contract. I went to Off Roadeo as part of a dealer event, that dealer paid for and rented out for the day (using the discretionary bronco funds program from awhile back) that was not supposed to use my owner ticket (got invite and told dealer would love to go but told wife I would take her so I would have to pass...dealer said no worries this was a private event that would not use my ticket and I could go again with wife).
When I went to schedule at later time with wife, got error message. Reached out to Adventure ORX and was told my ticket was used. Thought it was dealer mess up, so called the dealer. Everyone at dealer including GM said they did not use my ticket and assured me they paid for private event. Called ORX back and they said since my info was in the system I had to have used my ticket. Dealer GM and zone mgr called OBX to explain that they had paid and rented facility and my ticket was not used (and offered to email the contract for the rental), ORX would not budge. Dealer was super cool and did more than I would expect from Fords side (including involving some other departments at Ford to try and resolve). They even explored buying a pass for me and wife to make it right but ORX said no repeats. I enjoyed my visit to off-roadeo and the staff they had were great, but the people at ORX that dealer and I talked to in order to resolve were unhelpful and can screw right off.

@Salt Shaker , let me know if you come up to the Austin area and we can go out to Hidden Falls Adventure Park and you can get some playtime in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might be right on the learning issue, but I know I would learn more about the electronic side of things. Definitely a little different than a 4spd top loader with a arb front diff switch on the stick.

I did put down the deposit and an additional 426 for the wife. Per the off-roadeo folks...no refunds.
Did you ask them about rescheduling?

Broncenstein

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

5 mins to try to get back over $600 seems like it'd be worth it. But whelp, there has to be a passive aggressive douchebag on every forum.

OP
OP
Salt Shaker

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5 mins to try to get back over $600 seems like it'd be worth it. But whelp, there has to be a passive aggressive douchebag on every forum.
Don't you just love the interweb...no refunds. Four calls to the O-R folks, and being bounced to multiple departments with Ford.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realize their Broncos are used, honestly I thought it was going to be a programming issue.

I could have unloaded and loaded up my wife's jeep....more irony, if I thought the Bronco was going in I would have.

I've been wheeling and breaking things and getting stuck over 40 years...I was indeed looking forward to learning more.

I'm just not going to spend another nickel on it, especially since I am not getting squat of the $611 as it sits.
Sorry to hear things didn't go as planned and how that could sour it pretty good. Personally I would still go, just to get familiar with how the vehicle works. I would not however go with someone but go alone. The expense for adding a guest & what you get out of it is pretty unbalanced, especially if you have wheeling experience.

When I went, I was originally planning to take my brother thinking it would be a cool excursion to catch up with him. Then I got a gift card from my dealer for either $500 or a free guest pass :unsure: Sorry Brother, $500 is on the line , we'll go out on some real trails. There just isn't much for the guest unless you're absolute beginners. You will learn about the vehicles, but it really puzzles me they hype of attending multiple Off-Rodeo's Marketing Nation puts out there. Once is plenty if you have any experience.
As mentioned it's worth going, but I would go alone again regardless of the gift card.
YMMV 🤠

David T

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor (Ford Truck)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the story. After hearing this and seeing how much is costs to fly out and stay in a hotel for the trip I'm passing...

Sponsored

Bad hand

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a similar experience, although it wasn’t the bronco breaking down as I didn’t have it yet. Had to cancel due to family issue that came up. My fees and guest fees gone, Oh well. Have my bronco to beat up now, so I’ll live.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My buddy who was supposed to go with me missed his flight and a great trip. I ended up going alone and the instructor rode shotgun in Moab and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done.

My advice? Pick a different location and go to a different one. It stinks that you had to miss it but it’s still a great trip. Moab was at least.

I live close to the Texas one so wanted something different and happened to be in Utah last year.

OP
OP
Salt Shaker

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For $611 I received a 10x14 glossy photo of a bronco with a horse in it, and congratulatins on purchasing your new Bronco letter. Join the bronco nation, Bronco Wild fund and Team Bronco. Actually, kinda pissed me off. The "we aren't affiliated with Ford" grinds on me. I am going to write Ford when I get a chance. If, as customer service said, Ford Pass Points were towards I want them back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salt Shaker

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My buddy who was supposed to go wit7h me missed his flight and a great trip. I ended up going alone and the instructor rode shotgun in Moab and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done.

My advice? Pick a different location and go to a different one. It stinks that you had to miss it but it’s still a great trip. Moab was at least.

I live close to the Texas one so wanted something different and happened to be in Utah last year.
Moab is on my bucket list, but it won't be with the Off-Rodeo folks.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fair enough. The actual instructors are great - at least mine was and I've head good things about the rest. I get it on the paper pushers ruining things.
Sponsored