First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps they are having a hard time staying in the “black” Through the winter….

You said you called them to reschedule, but then you said you called and rescheduled 3 weeks later? Did you call and “cancel” the day of the event?

Also, Ford is probably still going to refund your $250 initial “tuition”.

It was a great event with good food, great “instructors” and great swag. You may have saved money however, as the prices in the Off-Roadeo store were “high market”. I had my eye on the Bronco Off-Roadeo Yeti ice chest!!! Couldn’t justify the cost however so I settled for a $40 Off-Roadeo T-shirt. My wife (who I think I paid around $400 to attend) probably spent more in the store then the $611 you are out, buying family gifts!!
Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a $150 owner fee for me, $426 for the wife and another $35 owner reservation fee.
WTF?…… Jesus Ford. Ridiculous. I went to Austin in 2021 and loved it. Learned a lot. But no way would I have paid that shit. Mine was free at the time and I paid $250 for a buddy.
That said I was new to off roaring so learned a ton. If you have been doing it for 40 years I don’t know how much more you would have learned honestly. But I mean why did they increase the prices so much? Just seems like a cash grab.

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you paid with a credit card, just dispute the charge if you need to.
Unfortunately, the OP would not prevail. The cancellation policy is clearly stated on the website. It sucks and it would be nice if the Off Rodeo would show the OP some grace due to the circumstances, but I get their side too. I had a great time at the Off Roadeo and everyone was very accommodating but everything for me went as planned. Sorry about your luck man.

Broncenstein

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Even if he doesn't prevail, doesn't seem to me that he has anything to lose by trying

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMO your gripe is with FORD not the OFF-Roadeo folks. Your transportation to the event broke down, sucks but the policy is what it is. They had a vehicle filled and when you had to reschedule, day-of they couldn't fill that spot. Such is life. Now Ford, SHOULD do the right thing and make you whole, but the days of actual good customer service are in the past...

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would have left the Bronco at the shop or at home and taken the Jeep. Canceling anything at the last minute is gonna cost you.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have left the Bronco at the shop or at home and taken the Jeep. Canceling anything at the last minute is gonna cost you.
Right???
My first thoughts, I felt sorry for OP, but the more i think about it ....
I look over at his list of other vehicles and I see several that should be able to make the same trip.

I'm curious as to why they didn't take one of those.

None of this adds up at the moment.

OP
OP
Salt Shaker

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
t was a timing issue. That would have put my into the hotel about midnight or later. I understand the cancelling issue, but $200 more...not happening. Had my ride not been sucked into the shop I would have been there.

I was on the fence evening going, the price for the wife was a bitter pill, but she was all in.

The upside I'm probably saving about 1k not rescheduling due to the amount my wife would be buying in swag.

I am going to try and get what ever portion Ford payed out of my purchase toward the "Bronco experience" since I am not doing donate more funds and whatever I would get back had I been there.

I am not some youtuber looking for likes, just a working man that came back to Ford after 30 years because of the Bronco.

Just a disappointing experience.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But OffRoadeo is not Ford. The no refund policy was abundantly clear when making the reservations. It certainly is terrible timing that the OP's Bronco had problems preventing them from driving to the event. But that isn't the OffRoadeo's responsibility. Many attendees drive to the event in vehicles that aren't their Bronco. When I attended, I was the only one in the VIP parking (reserved for Broncos).
Legally setup not to be Ford just like Bronco Nation is set up, but if you think Ford doesn’t have final say and a shit load of control you’re mistaken.

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would still go if I were you. The experience is worth it. Just like many types of travel or event bookings, if you don't show up, it is non-refundable. You agreed to the terms when signing up.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming you bought new then the OffRodeo is free for you.

You may need to put down a deposit but that's refundable. Wife is extra. Insurance is extra.

If you've been wheeling for 40 years you don't need to go. If you can't figure out how to make the Bronco work off the pavement you have other problems.

It's still a great time and I'd go again, even if I had to pay.

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even if he doesn't prevail, doesn't seem to me that he has anything to lose by trying
Whelp, his "time" because it has a 0 percent chance of prevailing but I guess if it makes someone feel better doing that, ok.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought you weren't even allowed to use your own vehicles at the off-roadeo for insurance purposes? So you could have still showed up with the Bronco in the shop? Or am I missing something?

Yeah, shouldn’t all Ford owners be willing to walk to where they’re going? Jeez.

OP
OP
Salt Shaker

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming you bought new then the OffRodeo is free for you.

You may need to put down a deposit but that's refundable. Wife is extra. Insurance is extra.

If you've been wheeling for 40 years you don't need to go. If you can't figure out how to make the Bronco work off the pavement you have other problems.

It's still a great time and I'd go again, even if I had to pay.
You might be right on the learning issue, but I know I would learn more about the electronic side of things. Definitely a little different than a 4spd top loader with a arb front diff switch on the stick.

I did put down the deposit and an additional 426 for the wife. Per the off-roadeo folks...no refunds.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Legally setup not to be Ford just like Bronco Nation is set up, but if you think Ford doesn’t have final say and a shit load of control you’re mistaken.
I'm not going to subscribe to any conspiracy theory. But none of the employees at the Off Roadeo are employed by Ford. Since it is your supposition that Ford has final say in all matters at Off Roadeo, than please provide supporting evidence.
Sponsored