First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are no manual transmission cars. So really, the big difference would be a 2 door or a 4 door. and maybe Sasquatch vs non. Most are sasquatch. Most are 4-door.
Learning a 2 door if you are getting a 2 door makes a lot of sense. And to be honest, in my crew everyone just kind of worked out who drove what and remained friendly.
If I was surprised by anything, it was all the rocks. Lots of rocks on the trails that kept me tense and the adrenaline running.
Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo NH IMG_4910.JPG
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are no manual transmission cars. So really, the big difference would be a 2 door or a 4 door. and maybe Sasquatch vs non. Most are sasquatch. Most are 4-door.
Learning a 2 door if you are getting a 2 door makes a lot of sense. And to be honest, in my crew everyone just kind of worked out who drove what and remained friendly.
If I was surprised by anything, it was all the rocks. Lots of rocks on the trails that kept me tense and the adrenaline running.
IMG_4910.JPG
I've done Moab and other Utah locations, but the Northeast is quite different. Out West, what I found was nice, maintained road to->obstacle->more nice unpaved, but improved, road. The Northeast seems to be more rocks more often, especially on slopes, then...obstacle!
Good shot--really demonstrates a common New England trail.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo NH IMG_4910.JPG
It is the granite state after all!

McCrosky2004

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 SWR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On vacation in Boston area so took the day to go up to NH for the Roadeo. Great experience! Iā€™m from south Louisiana so off roading is a flat muddy road. The hills, rocks and a little mud were way more fun! For the first time was on terrain that you could use and see how helpful one pedal drive, trail cruise, front locker only and sway bar disconnect make. Also the most Broncoā€™s Iā€™ve seen in one place.

IMG_5501.jpeg

IMG_5515.jpeg

IMG_5539.jpeg

Emilyblanks

Black Diamond
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo NH IMG_5539
Disappointed to hear there are no manuals or BD, although not surprised about the absence of manuals. I have a BD Sas 6-speed, so I guess Iā€™ll just go with a 4-door and enjoy the experience.

Sponsored

Greyfox

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜03 4Runner, ā€˜90 Miata, ā€˜07 Infiniti M35x
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We are trying to decide whether to do the Off-Roadeo in Las Vegas or in New Hampshire. Dates seem to be limited in NH and there is nothing after July 2.

Does anyone know why this might be?

how was your experience in either of these locations?

Thanks!
Attended NH last fall with my son. Top notch for all experience levels. You will not be disappointed in NH.
Good luck and have fun where ever you choose to go.
Greyfox

NHPoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All of the Broncos in NH are Sasquatch package vehicles and all of them are equipped with automatic transmissions.
Most of them are 4 door, but there are a few 2 door vehicles. Most of the vehicles are Badlands, but there are a few Wildtracks, as well as a few Black Diamonds.

NHPoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On vacation in Boston area so took the day to go up to NH for the Roadeo. Great experience! Iā€™m from south Louisiana so off roading is a flat muddy road. The hills, rocks and a little mud were way more fun! For the first time was on terrain that you could use and see how helpful one pedal drive, trail cruise, front locker only and sway bar disconnect make. Also the most Broncoā€™s Iā€™ve seen in one place.

I hope that you have a great vacation in New England, and I hope even more that you enjoyed your day with us yesterday!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really wish they would include manuals. Thatā€™s a real let down. I knew that was the case - but, whatā€™s the point in learning the abilities of a vehicle you donā€™t drive on a daily basis?

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco, ā€˜21 F250, ā€˜96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me and the wife just booked NH for 7/17 and looking forward to the experience. Are most opting for the $75 insurance?

Sponsored

JTA

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Me and the wife just booked NH for 7/17 and looking forward to the experience. Are most opting for the $75 insurance?
We are also booked for 7/17. I did opt for the $75 insurance.

Mojua

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really wish they would include manuals. Thatā€™s a real let down. I knew that was the case - but, whatā€™s the point in learning the abilities of a vehicle you donā€™t drive on a daily basis?
I went yesterday. It was fantastic. Awesome experience. Exceeded expectations.

For what it's worth, the reason they don't use manuals came up a few times throughout the day...First, when they started Off-Roadeo a few years ago, the first people they invited to test out the courses were industry folks, Ford dealers, and Ford employees...and even though everyone talked about how they'd been driving manual vehicles for decades, they VERY quickly realized that driving a stick in regular life, and driving one on a very challenging off-road course is completely different, and they were burning up clutches every day.

Second, the trails at the NH location are EXTREMELY challenging...like expert level stuff, and the most challenging of the 4 locations, by far, and the ONLY reason they allow a bunch of mostly noob Bronco owners to drive them, is because the vehicles are so unbelievably sophisticated and advanced. My group did a trail called Cobble Mountain at the end of the day...it was a series of huge steep slabs that stepped up the side of the mountain. It was wet and muddy. The first group of the day had had to winch most of the truck up the slabs...which took a long time...second group waited a few hours for it to dry out a bit, lowered tire pressure (to <20), and apparently made it up without incident. By the time we got there, it was slick with mud, rutted up, and greasy. We literally put our trucks into Trail Control mode at 1.5mph, locked the front and rear diffs, and let the Broncos do their thing. NONE of us would have made it up otherwise (we still had to pull two trucks up)...and manuals don't have that feature.

Bottom line is that if you're such a good off-roader that you could do the course in a manual Bronco, then you don't need to practice the skills, and can just enjoy the day in an automatic Badlands or Wildtrak...and if you need the education on how to drive a manual off-road, then you'd never complete the course (on a wet, muddy day) in a manual...

If I can give one piece of advice, just go with an open mind and have fun. All of the vehicles have SAS, and I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Mojua

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went yesterday and did not get the $75 insurance. Of the people I spoke to, some did, some didn't. The trails are extremely challenging, but more fun than scary. If you follow instructions and don't do anything really stupid, I think you'll be fine. If on the other hand, the $75 allows you to relax and not worry, then it's worth it. Everyone bottoms out a few times and bumps the bash plates...they're NOT worried about that. If you clip a tree and tear off a mirror or fender, I reckon they'll need you to fill out some paperwork at the end...We had very challenging (read: exciting) conditions, and no one in my group 'broke' anything...

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went yesterday. It was fantastic. Awesome experience. Exceeded expectations.

For what it's worth, the reason they don't use manuals came up a few times throughout the day...First, when they started Off-Roadeo a few years ago, the first people they invited to test out the courses were industry folks, Ford dealers, and Ford employees...and even though everyone talked about how they'd been driving manual vehicles for decades, they VERY quickly realized that driving a stick in regular life, and driving one on a very challenging off-road course is completely different, and they were burning up clutches every day.

Second, the trails at the NH location are EXTREMELY challenging...like expert level stuff, and the most challenging of the 4 locations, by far, and the ONLY reason they allow a bunch of mostly noob Bronco owners to drive them, is because the vehicles are so unbelievably sophisticated and advanced. My group did a trail called Cobble Mountain at the end of the day...it was a series of huge steep slabs that stepped up the side of the mountain. It was wet and muddy. The first group of the day had had to winch most of the truck up the slabs...which took a long time...second group waited a few hours for it to dry out a bit, lowered tire pressure (to <20), and apparently made it up without incident. By the time we got there, it was slick with mud, rutted up, and greasy. We literally put our trucks into Trail Control mode at 1.5mph, locked the front and rear diffs, and let the Broncos do their thing. NONE of us would have made it up otherwise (we still had to pull two trucks up)...and manuals don't have that feature.

Bottom line is that if you're such a good off-roader that you could do the course in a manual Bronco, then you don't need to practice the skills, and can just enjoy the day in an automatic Badlands or Wildtrak...and if you need the education on how to drive a manual off-road, then you'd never complete the course (on a wet, muddy day) in a manual...

If I can give one piece of advice, just go with an open mind and have fun. All of the vehicles have SAS, and I guarantee you'll have a blast.
Yeah, I hear you. But, I bought a manual to learn how to handle those challenges. Not have a computer do it for me.

Iā€™m still learning - every time I go out. Iā€™m excited for the experience and will no doubt enjoy myself.

But, if I encounter similar terrain on my own watch - it would be nice to learn from the pros on how to handle it while rowing my own gears. Especially since Iā€™m dropping coin to attend.

Last edited:

jhemond

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just did the Off-Roadeo on 6/19 in New Hampshire. There had been days of rain so it made for lots of mud. I'm from Florida so it didn't really reflect what I'll be doing here but lots of rocks and moderately technical elements. It was a good time and a good facility. I can't advise this location over another location, but the NH location provides a good experience.
Sponsored