Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The event is designed for buyers wanting to learn how to use the 4x4 technology correctly and folks, like me, who are getting a Bronco but don't have any off-road trails readily available/near them. If nothing else it's worth it just for the instruction using the technology.

Short of the ORX course, we never disconnected the sway bar. Granted, we probably weren't in situations that was needed, there were times on the trail most of us were on 2 wheels. They had us turn the lockers on, front, rear, both or neither. Had no idea how to hill decent or one pedal until they went through the steps. Lots of good info and definitely worth the day spent.
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t know, but if it’s anything like the ST Octane Academy it I’ll be a blast!
Exactly. I had a lot of fun at the RS Adrenaline Academy in Utah. You get to learn more about the car and how to handle it on the track and then take it through its paces on the track and the "street" course they designed. You get to beat the piss out of a car that isn't yours but kinda is.

People, Ford doesn't have to do this. And, more importantly, YOU don't have to attend this event. If it looks soooooo disappointing to you, don't go.

If you approach everything with lofty expectations, you're gonna be disappointed A LOT. And who's fault is that? (Hint: it's the common denominator)

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All skill levels. Jeebus. What else can you pick at to bitch about? Go or don't but realize that your skill level isn't everyone's and learning technique is more important than manning an aircraft carrier when you have never sailed a sunfish.
Pic borrowed from another B6G member who attended the Texas event.
Ford Bronco Off Rodeo looks disappointing _DSC0955
You're preaching the word of God here.

The thing is, as you've pointed to, this is driver training. Track time and the training that comes with it before you get on a track (if you're smart) is something that over th past 22 or so years that I've spent no less than $7000 on. That's just training.

I wheel, but have only had minimal off road training, most of what I've done is track. Whether it was Skip Barber, BMW M/// school, whatever, there were always "talkers" who would just go on about what cars they've owned and how they just slay at the track. Then when its timed exercises they're in the gravel, tires, grass and otherwise full of shit.

I'd love more off road driver training from some of the folks who Ford has hired to show off the Bronco. They're all pro racers and many are outright legendary. If I were on a ride with someone like Curt LaDuc, I'd just be quiet and hope he talks and gives me advice.

I've wheeled half my life, but still know nothing really and can't go join Ultimate Adventure at least not before taking some courses.

Point is, anyone can learn at an Off Rodeo simply because the instructors are professionals. trail scale won't be so hard if you learn the basics, then think while out wheeling instead of being led by your ego.

But that's ok. Go ahead and flip that nice new rig, but just for shits and giggles for all of us, be sure to come back on here and tell the tale of how you made an ass of yourself and crushed your new Bronco! :)

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're preaching the word of God here.

The thing is, as you've pointed to, this is driver training. Track time and the training that comes with it before you get on a track (if you're smart) is something that over th past 22 or so years that I've spent no less than $7000 on. That's just training.

I wheel, but have only had minimal off road training, most of what I've done is track. Whether it was Skip Barber, BMW M/// school, whatever, there were always "talkers" who would just go on about what cars they've owned and how they just slay at the track. Then when its timed exercises they're in the gravel, tires, grass and otherwise full of shit.

I'd love more off road driver training from some of the folks who Ford has hired to show off the Bronco. They're all pro racers and many are outright legendary. If I were on a ride with someone like Curt LaDuc, I'd just be quiet and hope he talks and gives me advice.

I've wheeled half my life, but still know nothing really and can't go join Ultimate Adventure at least not before taking some courses.

Point is, anyone can learn at an Off Rodeo simply because the instructors are professionals. trail scale won't be so hard if you learn the basics, then think while out wheeling instead of being led by your ego.

But that's ok. Go ahead and flip that nice new rig, but just for shits and giggles for all of us, be sure to come back on here and tell the tale of how you made an ass of yourself and crushed your new Bronco! :)
I'm used to dealing with track egos (see username). Gonna have to switch gears to trail-ego. What's the trail equivalent of a brand new GT3 slowing down an NA Miata and not giving the wave bye ?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe my interpretation was a little different than others but my interpretation was Ford teaching those that attend the basic fundamentals of off-roading using the Bronco's tech. I don't think it was ever Ford's interpretation to teach people attending to do Hell's Revenge backwards, barefoot, in the snow, going both ways...
backwards? Pfffft....a real man would do it sideways and not even spill his beer. I am out!

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm used to dealing with track egos (see username). Gonna have to switch gears to trail-ego. What's the trail equivalent of a brand new GT3 slowing down an NA Miata and not giving the wave bye ?
😂😂 I saw a guy at VIR in an Aerial Atom on slicks with the carbon helmet, fire suit, racing shoes, driving gloves etc. Somehow I ran him down and passed him in a Mustang GT, I thought to myself he should be going faster by accident than I am on purpose. I know the folks you are talking about. Like I said above, go to Off Rodeo, its free, have fun, let your significant other drive if you think its boring and just listen to the coach. Open ears, close mouth.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Open ears, close mouth.
It doesn't matter how much you THINK you know - someone always knows more. Before they offered the free second person was already planning on sending my wife to the off-roadeo. Want her to be just as excited and have the confidence to run trails. I'll spot, doesn't matter to me!

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't matter how much you THINK you know - someone always knows more. Before the offered the free second person was already planning on sending my wife to the off-roadeo. Want her to be just as excited and have the confidence to run trails. I'll spot, doesn't matter to me!
Exactly. I was struggling with entry into T1 at VIR so I rode with an instructor and felt his braking point and entry point and it felt 100x smoother the next time I drove it.

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's my plan for Off Rodeo. I've never been to Utah so I'm gonna try Moab. If I get there and it seems like an easy trail...I'm gonna let my wife drive and beat on their Bronco instead of my new one. I have a good bit of off road experience but she doesn't. I figure I'll let THEM teach her instead of us getting into an argument while I'M trying to teach her. Plus we'll make a vacation of it.
Good plan. About 20 years ago I tried to teach my wife how to drive a manual transmission. It didn’t go well...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disappointed was my first feeling, seeing these are just green trails. But the next thought was this is aimed at beginners; training on the Bronco features and giving people an introduction to off-road driving.
I would have liked to see some extreme slide slope, climbs, descents, to get familiar with the limits of the Bronco.
More like what Mercedes offers. Maybe they'll offer an advanced class at some point.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. I had a lot of fun at the RS Adrenaline Academy in Utah. You get to learn more about the car and how to handle it on the track and then take it through its paces on the track and the "street" course they designed. You get to beat the piss out of a car that isn't yours but kinda is.

People, Ford doesn't have to do this. And, more importantly, YOU don't have to attend this event. If it looks soooooo disappointing to you, don't go.
RS adrenaline academy was an absolute blast.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some 20 years ago I had the opportunity to go to an event put on by Car & Driver. It was in a parking lot in Arlington Texas close to Texas Stadium. They had a course coned off in the parking lot. It was actually sponsored by Cadillac I think. There was a CTS-V, M3, another Cadillac I can't remember, and I believe a 328. the idea was to compare the Cadillacs to BMW. I went into this thinking, I race motocross, had a couple street bikes, A fast car or two...I got this! Holy Batshit Batman!!! I couldn't have been more wrong! So you didn't get to drive them alone, first you rode with the instructor, he laid down the rules gave pointers etc... then I drove. When I got to drive, the instructor said floor it so I did, the whole time he's saying stay in it stay in it, this corner is fast approaching, I'm thinking holy shit!!! Then at the point I'm thinking we're doomed he says brake hard, so I hammer the brakes and make the turn...It was an unbelievable experience! Very humbling! The capability of those cars far exceeded mine!
Sponsored

Last edited: