First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you got shit because of things you implied about Granger and we like Granger around here.

I know you said you don't care about them and were not bashing them, but you also said , " Im not concerned with out of state dealerships and im not trying to "snag" out of state deals or capture anyone elses market lol." , which is a direct stab at Granger.

The internet makes it a National market, no more regions and buyers are gonna go where they get the best deal. Thankfully there are a few Granger's and Stephen's? out there...I believe there will be more in the future as buyers get tired of being taken advantage of by their local dealers just because they are the only game in town.
I didn't imply anything about Granger. I implied Fords allocation. I come from a dealership that doesn't allow adm, sells to anywhere in the states. I'm not concerned about how Granger is doing their thing because that's their choice. I'm not targeting out of state markets, and that's my choice. I don't hold anything against them for it. Power to them.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah....well go back and read all his posts...and then let me know what you think of his "integrity".

And as far as an "angle". To me...any dealer bilking the system simply to maximize profits at the customer's expense is like a CEO selling off his stock right before announcing bankruptcy. But hey...maybe that's just fine with some folks.
I'll bet the customer that benefits from this gives the dealer a 5 star review.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Be careful, the way the "facts" are invented on this site it won't be long before someone is posting,
" It was confirmed by a dealer out of St. Louis that Sage green is being offered in 2022".... :ROFLMAO:
In the Engineering world, we call it a SWAG.

In the salespersons world they call it facts, oh wait they say, while I check with my manager.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've read many of his posts...I know who he is. Im neither supporting, nor defending anyone. I get the reason he would try to do this...but the nuts and bolts of how it would work I don't get. You are still selling a used car for higher than new car $. I mean if there's that many customers that will go along w/that program...what a time to be alive!
I think it works because the buyer knows even though it's classified as used, it's actually brand new. The buyer gets his Bronco without a reservation. He cares more about getting the Bronco now more than he cares about what he has to pay. Everyone goes away happy.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The internet makes it a National market, no more regions and buyers are gonna go where they get the best deal.
lottsa internet applications yet to be realized. Take electricity for example...today you have only one provider, but once that market if fully deregulated, you'll be able to buy from any entity feeding the grid. And not just on a 24/7 basis. Say your dishwasher uses 1.2 kWh to run a 50 minute load; you'll be able to price websearch sellers for that specific amount at a specific time of day.

Once we get accustomed to thinking that way, the current car-buying model will look like farming behind a mule.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The internet makes it a National market, no more regions and buyers are gonna go where they get the best deal. Thankfully there are a few Granger's and Stephen's? out there...I believe there will be more in the future as buyers get tired of being taken advantage of by their local dealers just because they are the only game in town.
And now we have the Texas Buyers Group, $1,000 below invoice.

Texas Buyers Group: THE OFFER & THE DEALERSHIP – Finally!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No way map builds 400k per year...its a much older and smaller plant than either F150 plant.
Not to mention it's shared with Ranger that also is doing pretty well and adding new trim levels that could push sales even higher.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it works because the buyer knows even though it's classified as used, it's actually brand new. The buyer gets his Bronco without a reservation. He cares more about getting the Bronco now more than he cares about what he has to pay. Everyone goes away happy.
I guess as long as the buyer is fully aware, then whatever. Im starting to wonder what some of these stooges would offer me for mine...im an opening night res!

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its not that we don’t understand. It’s the point of taking too many Broncos. It’s selfish of the reservation buyer and the dealership. It just comes down to morals and being fair, nothing more.
Every person that accepts multiple orders just to make a small buck, means one less person gets a Bronco further down the reservation list.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not that we don’t understand. It’s the point of taking too many Broncos. It’s selfish of the reservation buyer and the dealership. It just comes down to morals and being fair, nothing more.
Every person that accepts multiple orders just to make a buck, means one less person gets a Bronco further down the reservation list.
tenor-1.gif

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

only if he was reservation #1
Fair and accurate. Allow me to adjust and say "Probably most of the folks here". I couldn't figure a way to put the Ford "by" into that opinion.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never said someone who reserved first thing, but the explanation has been explained in this thread a few times now at this point. Allocation per dealer is going to have a bigger factor on reservations than people think.
And to that point, can a dealer have an allocation higher than re
Kris is the guy that went and bought up all the Lysol, hand sanitizer and for whatever reason toilet paper when COVID first hit. Just like that guy that filled up his garage and then couldn't sell it so he ended up giving it away. I get he works for a dealership but why be a complete d-bag to just make a buck? Why not just be a dealership known for honesty and great customer service? Yes you are "playing by Ford's rules", but it doesn't make it right and the fact that you are continually justifying your shitty post should be an indication for that.
No dog in this fight but I think @Kris87 is the first one to spell out the Allocation formula back in September.
Sponsored