Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thatā€™s funny! Iā€˜be always changed my own oil mainly because my time is so valuable. In the time it would take me to drive to the dealer once to drop it off and once to pick it up (time for two people actually unless you get a loaner), I could change the oil on my cars. Plus, Iā€™d much rather do it myself because then I know it has been done right. I have a big storage container that holds about 4 gallons of oil. I take it to the recycling center about once a year.

But I understand your sentiment and especially on the drain plug. Youā€™ll never extract all the oil with an extractor.

Also, $75!? All my cars are European so it would cost me $200-$300 to pay a dealer to change my oil. I canā€™t imagine a Ford dealer only charging $75, but even at $75, Iā€™d do it myself.
I just got tickled for $91 for an oil change on our 2.3L. So I'd have been happy at $75.

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was dumb and got the extended warranty from ford when I purchased so doing my own oil changes and tire rotations negates what I get for free from ford for 6 years along with everything else. The blown motor comment was for the op who had issues from the ford techs not doing their job. If I did my own oil changes there is zero chance I didnā€™t tighten the oil filter or drain plug enough. I agree with you 100%
Extended includes oil changes?

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Extended includes oil changes?
Yes but....
When you buy the warranty you specify the change interval which of course impacts the price. I chose the 10K interval since it was cheaper to do my own oil changes at 5k. So every other oil change is free. If you go for an oil change other than your specified interval you pay. My change at 500 miles was $91. I wanted to verify the price. I'll do my own at 5k, 15k, etc.

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hum
I must of just got a normal extended because I don't remember them asking me about miles on a oil change.
I need to look at my contract.
Sponsored