Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all,

Just wondering how accurate the oil life remaining on the app is. I have ford do all my oil changes and on the window sticker the give I have hit my return mileage, but my oil life remaining says 55%. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The app, at least for me, mirrors what the dashboard says for oil life remaining.

In almost every F-150 Iā€™ve had, and itā€™s held true so far in my Bronco, they go about 10,000 miles between recommended changes, give or take a bit.

The computer is supposed to compensate for cold starts, temps, run time, etc and adjust that dynamicallyā€¦ I have seen it vary some on the F150s - anywhere between about 7,500 and 10,000 - but most people will tell you you should be changing your oil more frequently than that anyway.

I donā€™t have enough miles on my Bronco to say itā€™s a lot different - so far itā€™s at tracked about the same - roughly 10k miles to 0%. I did a break in change at 3k and the oil still looked great, and I just changed it again at 10k and the oil didnā€™t look bad at all - although I didnā€™t have it analyzed and I had put in Mobile One when I did the break in change

OP
OP
Browp24

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both mine mirror each other as well...the dealership sticker that they put on said next change at 5000..the app seems to show 10000 like you ate saying thanks for the info

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FordPass app gets the info from the vehicle directly. So whatever the oil life monitor says in the truck will show in the app. Recommended oil change intervals vary depending on use. I always do mine every 5000 miles regardless.
Ford Bronco Oil life remaining on app IMG_3573

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For reference, I don't put a ton of miles on my Bronco in a year. About 6k, so my oil life meter zeros out in a years time.

Sponsored

BadlandsJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth, I had a Honda Ridgeline before I got my Bronco. It had a "maintenance minder" that would tell me when to do all of my maintenance, and I followed that. The dealership would always try to get me to change oil, diff fluid, etc. at traditional intervals. I just followed what the car told me to do and when, and would immediately get it done. I put 170,000 miles on it over almost 10 years of ownership, never had a problem... and saved a ton of money. I plan to do that with oil changes on the Bronco. I did do an oil change after the break in period, but after that I'm following the vehicle's oil life monitor.

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

Just wondering how accurate the oil life remaining on the app is. I have ford do all my oil changes and on the window sticker the give I have hit my return mileage, but my oil life remaining says 55%. Any help would be appreciated.
I've not had my first oil change but I think the app and the dash are identical...every car I've had I change the oil and rotate the tires every 5000...it's just my feelings on the subject. I think 10,000 is way too much for my comfort level...again, my opinion.

OP
OP
Browp24

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've not had my first oil change but I think the app and the dash are identical...every car I've had I change the oil and rotate the tires every 5000...it's just my feelings on the subject. I think 10,000 is way too much for my comfort level...again, my opinion.
Thanks for the response. It's not the dash read out I am worried about. The sticker the dealership put on my window to remind you when you have to get an oil change says 5000 miles but my app and dash say I'm at 54%

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For reference, I don't put a ton of miles on my Bronco in a year. About 6k, so my oil life meter zeros out in a years time.
thereā€™s an ā€™ORā€™ built into the meter.

itā€™s one calendar year or 100% usage, which ever happens first.

mine is currently predicting ~6000 miles in May 2024.
truck was built in May 2023

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For what it's worth, I had a Honda Ridgeline before I got my Bronco. It had a "maintenance minder" that would tell me when to do all of my maintenance, and I followed that. The dealership would always try to get me to change oil, diff fluid, etc. at traditional intervals. I just followed what the car told me to do and when, and would immediately get it done. I put 170,000 miles on it over almost 10 years of ownership, never had a problem... and saved a ton of money. I plan to do that with oil changes on the Bronco. I did do an oil change after the break in period, but after that I'm following the vehicle's oil life monitor.
Same for me. Followed the Ridgeline advice for 15 years and 140,000 miles and never had an issue. I sometimes added around 5K miles for some of the fluid changes (not oil) as it seemed kind of frequent. My son now owns the truck and loves it to this day.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to do 5k changes but the last one I let run long. Around 9700 I hit 0%. Seems pretty accurate.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Change the oil when you want to change the oil not when some app tells you to. Changing the oil is the cheapest preventive maintenance one can do. I personally change the oil in my vehicles well below the manufacturers recommended mileage. Forty bucks and fifteen minutes of my time in my garage is nothing when caring for a $50K plus vehicle.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The app, at least for me, mirrors what the dashboard says for oil life remaining.

In almost every F-150 Iā€™ve had, and itā€™s held true so far in my Bronco, they go about 10,000 miles between recommended changes, give or take a bit.

The computer is supposed to compensate for cold starts, temps, run time, etc and adjust that dynamicallyā€¦ I have seen it vary some on the F150s - anywhere between about 7,500 and 10,000 - but most people will tell you you should be changing your oil more frequently than that anyway.

I donā€™t have enough miles on my Bronco to say itā€™s a lot different - so far itā€™s at tracked about the same - roughly 10k miles to 0%. I did a break in change at 3k and the oil still looked great, and I just changed it again at 10k and the oil didnā€™t look bad at all - although I didnā€™t have it analyzed and I had put in Mobile One when I did the break in change
I drive a 2023 escape for work, im at 10% and 4300 milesā€¦. So it knows i idle a lot
Sponsored