First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doubt I’ll ever wind up with the add-on rating, but I’d love to take a lesson or two some day!
You should. It's a completely different, yet familiar, form of flying. I have ratings in both FW and Rotorcraft. I much, much prefer hell's. Flying is always challenging. Both hands and both feet are working in constant coordination. Though, you do go further faster in FW!! Took me 22 flight hours to ferry a Robinson helicopter from the manufacturer in Torrance Ca to Detroit Mi.
Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our neighbor is a Grumman owner. They attend every get together. You ever attend? You may know them.
No, I don’t get to get togethers…….guess I’m not very social.
🙂

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. It maybe helpful long term to update your first post with where the updated post are when you get 10 pages deep it will suck to try and find all the updates.

OP
OP
WClintM

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. It maybe helpful long term to update your first post with where the updated post are when you get 10 pages deep it will suck to try and find all the updates.
Done.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should. It's a completely different, yet familiar, form of flying. I have ratings in both FW and Rotorcraft. I much, much prefer hell's. Flying is always challenging. Both hands and both feet are working in constant coordination. Though, you do go further faster in FW!! Took me 22 flight hours to ferry a Robinson helicopter from the manufacturer in Torrance Ca to Detroit Mi.
Ha, have a coworker who has a similar story ferrying a J3 Cub from Canada to Houston.

I do have a decent amount of time in the back of the big boy Sikorskys and the odd AW 139s for work, seeing nothing but ground out of the front windscreen when they get going always makes me clench a little

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha, have a coworker who has a similar story ferrying a J3 Cub from Canada to Houston.

I do have a decent amount of time in the back of the big boy Sikorskys and the odd AW 139s for work, seeing nothing but ground out of the front windscreen when they get going always makes me clench a little
That always gets my passengers too!!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Updated with 2nd oil analysis
You still using Costco’s pure synthetic? Is it even rated for these engines?

I think running those costly oils and changing often is overkill, but If I was going to go cheap, I think I'd probably just stick to the factory oil. Otherwise at least something that meets the specs. Based on my notes I had made a while back...

WSS-M2C961-A1 Factory oil part number
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic
Oil needs to meet
GF-6 and API SP standards (for Turbos and Start Stop)

OP
OP
WClintM

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You still using Costco’s pure synthetic? Is it even rated for these engines?

I think running those costly oils and changing often is overkill, but If I was going to go cheap, I think I'd probably just stick to the factory oil. Otherwise at least something that meets the specs. Based on my notes I had made a while back...

WSS-M2C961-A1 Factory oil part number
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic
Oil needs to meet
GF-6 and API SP standards (for Turbos and Start Stop)
I've not seen anything in my research to make me think Costo's oil is an inferior product. It's approved for the two standards you mentioned. Regarding oil change intervals, I may extend them a bit in the future, but I haven't decided. It's cheap insurance.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-5w-30-full-synthetic-motor-oil-5-quart,-4-pack.product.100690432.html

Ford Bronco Update: 2nd Blackstone Oil Analysis Results (2.7 Bronco) @ 4,000 miles (3000 on Oil) 1643297999054

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've not seen anything in my research to make me think Costo's oil is an inferior product. It's approved for the two standards you mentioned. Regarding oil change intervals, I may extend them a bit in the future, but I haven't decided. It's cheap insurance.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-5w-30-full-synthetic-motor-oil-5-quart,-4-pack.product.100690432.html

1643297999054.png
Nice! I'm a bit surprised, I wonder where Costco gets their oil from?

I was just thinking with the lower viscosities that maybe it just wasn't up to par, but if that spec sheet is true...it should be solid.

I'm not on my laptop right now to be able to look at this site better, but I found this a while back and found it very interesting. I think Kirkland is on there but I'm not sure if it's the specific one

https://pqia.org/passenger-car-motor-oil/

Sponsored
OP
OP
WClintM

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just thinking with the lower viscosities that maybe it just wasn't up to par, but if that spec sheet is true...it should be solid.

I'm not on my laptop right now to be able to look at this site better, but I found this a while back and found it very interesting. I think Kirkland is on there but I'm not sure if it's the specific one

Neat website. Yep, Kirkland Signature Synthetic is the one:

Ford Bronco Update: 2nd Blackstone Oil Analysis Results (2.7 Bronco) @ 4,000 miles (3000 on Oil) 1643377555054

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Neat website. Yep, Kirkland Signature Synthetic is the one:

So interesting enough, according to the website the Kirkland doesn't meet the GF-6 however their data is from 2020.

Also, I compare the viscosity between the Kirkland and the equivalent Pennzoil Platinum.. kirkland = 11.02 with an index of 176 and Pennzoil = 9.9 with a 161 index.

So you went down from an 11 to an 8.5. Not sure if that's normal, or if the kirkland oil is breaking down faster then it should.

I don't think they listed the exact oil I used for my oil analysis but after 10k miles, my mobil 1 only went from 8.8 to 6.7.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WClintM

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So interesting enough, according to the website the Kirkland doesn't meet the GF-6 however their data is from 2020.

Also, I compare the viscosity between the Kirkland and the equivalent Pennzoil Platinum.. kirkland = 11.02 with an index of 176 and Pennzoil = 9.9 with a 161 index.

Sonyou went down from an 11 to an 8.5. Not sure if that's normal, or if the curse of oil is breaking down faster then it should.

I don't think they listed the exact oil I used for my oil analysis but after 10k miles, my mobil 1 only went from 8.8 to 6.7.
Lol. You had me worried, so I double checked my jug.

784CDA34-2208-43AF-B7E0-F78E2F686528.jpeg

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my break-in Blackstone report. Posting for others reference.
Ford Bronco Update: 2nd Blackstone Oil Analysis Results (2.7 Bronco) @ 4,000 miles (3000 on Oil) Bronco_Blackstone_1746

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used Kirkland in my wife’s car. However, it went from 29.99 for 10 quarts to 33.99 last month. Not as much as a smoking deal as it used to be but still pretty good. From testing it appears identical to Walmart super tech 10k synthetic which has good ratings and is made by Warren.
Sponsored