Sponsored

Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no?

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I go back and forth on this as well except with a 2dr BL or 2dr BD Sas. When I consider I’m spending damn near 50k on this thing I think looks is a major factor. Just imagine how you’ll feel the first time you walk out to your Bronco in a parking lot and someone with a Sas’d Bronco has parked next to you. Will you be jealous? If the answer is yes - then go for it. You only live once.

My problem is I’m not sure which looks better between the two having seen neither in person.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
In FL as well.

Question, if you dont Sasq are you getting the upgraded wheels/tires? Bc if you are, that's only $1,500 more.

If yes, to me its a no-brainer. You like the look more and its only 1500 more.

To me it is worth it bc I dont like the "stock" wheels and at min I would upgrade. I like the look of Sasq most. Gearing. May not net you more in resale but I am guessing you will get more interested people and sell it faster.

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up...

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I go back and forth on this as well except with a 2dr BL or 2dr BD Sas. When I consider I’m spending damn near 50k on this thing I think looks is a major factor. Just imagine how you’ll feel the first time you walk out to your Bronco in a parking lot and someone with a Sas’d Bronco has parked next to you. Will you be jealous? If the answer is yes - then go for it. You only live once.

My problem is I’m not sure which looks better between the two having seen neither in person.
same dilema i really want the MGV, and headlights, in order to make BL similar in $ to wildtrack is do it non sas, so im really starting to think for this money considering it might be the only time i ever "build" a vehicle, i REALLY want to see in person-NON SAS Badlands Vs. SAS wildtrack or OBX, AND i want to see and feel the MGV to see if it is as important as i think it is now?

Sponsored

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the look of the BL stance with the 33's. If I were going BL, I would leave it stock but since I'm going BD, I'm Squatching it. Only reason I'm not going BL is the Orange interior accents. I can't live with that! BD interior is much better.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you are going to be paying at the pump and, eventually at the tire store in addition to at the dealer. How much is the 'look' worth to you? Only you can make that call. (nobody else knows your finances, driving habits, what value you place on 'looks', and so on). As to what I would do? (your original question), I will keep the 33's on my 2-door BL as I see no value at all in spending more for a little more clearance when I won't need the clearance I already have. I am more a go than show type of person though.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What would you do?
Pass on it.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel that if you like how it looks and can afford it without putting yourself in a bad spot, do it. If you like the standard Badlands setup, then don't bother. I wouldn't do it for resale because the additional you may get out of it will probably just cover what you put in to get it anyways.

Keep in mind, larger tires will also mean worse fuel economy. I don't think it will be a huge difference, but it may be a factor for you.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I put in BL non sas with upgraded 33s vs a sas optioned BD which cost just as much. I am putting a 2" leveling kit on it and call it a day, makes a night and day difference just like on the F150s. If I ever want to get crazy I can put larger tires on it and the 4.46 will be just fine, I dont plan on getting on the advanced level rock crawling stuff only medium. For those that want, you can also just put the 4.70 gear in later also, its not that hard. The aftermarket will be much better in a year.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
I included SAS.. I will be taking it off road and will be changing tires so in my mind the 4.7 gears, 8.5" wheels on the 4 door were a no brainer.

Jdon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I’m wrong. But I believe on the bp website you can add the upgraded gearing with the 33”?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always say yes to @Squatch

For MY21, you're stuck with an automatic. It would also be helpful if there was some unobtanium badge or something for the Sasquatch Package which could help the resale value, but right now it's just a warranty-saver if you want 35s.