Sponsored

Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no?

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
Won't offroad often: No need for Sasquatch.
Looks: I like the look of my build, without the Sasquatch, but with the Canoe. There is a "retro vibe" you get with smaller steel wheels that you cannot get with the Sasquatch.
Resale Value: Resale value (according to Ford Credit) is already known. There is No Difference between the Residual Value Percentages. The base 4-Door has a higher % than the 2-Door and higher trims, however.

If you really care about resale, you should get a base 4-Door.

Also, both VROOM and Carvana buy vehicles nationally. Your region does not matter anymore for resale, like it used to 10 years ago.

If you are going to get the Sasquatch, don't talk yourself into getting it for Resale. It is all about looks for you.

Ford Bronco Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no? Canoe Front

Ford Bronco Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no? Bronco No Doors Roof
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have lived with this the past 5 months. I am going with the standard Badlands. The Sasquatch suspension is only 10mm (.4 in) taller and with the mass of the 35's I just did not feel I would be getting the "bang for the buck" with my off road adventures. I am going to replace the 285 70R 17 KO2's with 285 75R 17 KO2's. With this change I get same width tire, 1.1 inch increase in hight, only .5 in increase in sidewall, and a load range E from a C. The MPH increase is low enough I should not need to recalibrate and feel the 4.46 rear-end is plenty to handel them.

Good luck with E rated tires! Terrible comfort on road, but good if you mainly use it off road.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think when I sell this thing in 5 years, that will matter?
I doubt it will matter in 5 years. Some might think it's equipped that way to drive it harder and possibly been abused as the reason you want to sell.

MtnBronc

Badlands
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct me if I’m wrong. But I believe on the bp website you can add the upgraded gearing with the 33”?
That was a bug. The 4.7 gearing is only available with the 7MT or squatch. Not the AT non-squatch.

OP didn't say what transmission. I ordered a 4dr non-squatch MT BL, so I got the 4.7 gears if I wanted to go bigger later it's less of an issue. Not that I think it would be a huge issue even with the 4.46 gearing

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
I bet you are glad you asked, GatorDave! I am sure you are more confused than ever now! Teh consensus seems to be generally split. Get what you can afford, what you will use, and what makes you feel better overall. There is no right or wrong answer, except how it pertains to you specifically.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck with E rated tires! Terrible comfort on road, but good if you mainly use it off road.
Not necessarily. I used E load Falken Wildpeak 33s on my Expy and they were great on road and off-road. Couldn't even tell the difference. Win-win!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is way overstated....Bronco isn't a flyweight. I went from Ds to Es on a similar weight vehicle to Bronco, and the comfort difference was no where near "terrible".

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered a BL nosquatch. It will never be necessary for me to have 35s and I didn't want to put out the extra dough for FOMO

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

What would you do?
You'll enjoy driving the Badlands on 33s. I'd go for the optional rims, they look awsome!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you've been in the game this long to make it to ordering, and you still don't know WTF you want, not a thing somebody says on here is going to suddenly solve the Pandora's box of your emotional dilemma.

However, that aside and as you've asked for further outside input (which ALWAYS makes decision making easier to have more voices in your head). I suggest a journal that you can write your feelings and emotions into each day before bed for the entire month of February.. On March 1st, take a day off to get blasted drunk then choose one sheet of paper at random and do whatever you wrote down on that day's journal paper. And I mean literally whatever you wrote down. Does this help you make a decision?

You know it's bad if you're a dude, and somebody gives you this Gif and it genuinely applies to your situation.

giphy[1].gif

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

What would you do?
While I might not "off-road" like others here, like you said the look it adds did it for me. For the MPG thats debated it'll be very minimal from 33's to 35's and the E rating is nothing to worry about really. My dealer said demand might make it that Ford does do more then they thought they might as well.

Last edited:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It will have little impact on resale. You will pay more now, get more later. But that $6000 investment will depreciate just like the rest of the vehicle. If you don't think you need Sas, you probably don't need it.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What would you do?
This is the way I look at it personally. A few months from now when you are at the stoplight sitting next to a Base 2-Door or 4-Door with the Sasquatch package, you are going to kick yourself in the butt because the Base that costs $25k+ less looks a million times better than yours. If your ego can handle that, stay with the stock BL. If it cannot, here is your sign.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is it, around 5% of the total build price? Do you want to pay that much and regret only getting it only most of the way right? I have had similar thoughts and have decided that if I have to ask, then I will probably regret not getting it.
Sponsored