Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally took 2 doors off and had them off for a week. Took 5 minutes to get them back on! Decided to try to take the soft top completely off. Undid the bolts in a couple of minutes. Had to then google the weight of the soft top because we couldn't even budge it. Apparently its 102 pounds. All of the videos seem as if 2 people can take it off without issue. My wife and I are very handy but both 5'2" 125 and it wasn't going anywhere. Even if we could take it off we would never get it back on without damaging something. We're slightly disappointed. Anyone else struggle getting the soft top off the Bronco?

Pics just because....
Ford Bronco OMG The Soft Top is Heavy! 1644103165597

Ford Bronco OMG The Soft Top is Heavy! 1644102897141

Ford Bronco OMG The Soft Top is Heavy! 1644102912540

Ford Bronco OMG The Soft Top is Heavy! 1644102960725

Ford Bronco OMG The Soft Top is Heavy! 1644103020688
Sponsored

OP
OP
reigny

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Y’all sure you didn’t leave a bolt in 😆
Nope! It's 100 pounds straight over our heads and then across the Bronco without scratching anything.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope! It's 100 pounds straight over our heads and then across the Bronco without scratching anything.
With two people, it’s only 50lbs each (assuming one of you isn’t slacking off ;) ). If it’s the height, you might want to setup some catwalk ramps to run along side to give you both an edge.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you could use the IAG EZ lift. Looks like a great add even if you don’t have a difficult time…..
and like with any soft top, this one gets easier with a few uses and lessons learned

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The top can be challenging because the weight is accentuated by the fact that it is unwieldy. I have not fully removed mine but I got a small scrape in the roll bar paint when I was trying to put the top back up by myself from the down position. It is hard for one person to successfully balance the top otherwise it can tip and gouge the paint. When you took the doors off, was there any problem with the doors scraping the frame? I have not taken mine off yet due to weather but will do so soon. Those two rubber door protectors seem pretty small.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With two people, it’s only 50lbs each (assuming one of you isn’t slacking off ;) ). If it’s the height, you might want to setup some catwalk ramps to run along side to give you both an edge.
Catwalk excellent idea.
Might put pulleys on garage ceiling framing and make a hammock like cradle to pick it up.
You might find it is just stuck with a sealant and "first scratch new car nerves".

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That top is almost body weight for each one of them. It's also in an awkward position for someone 5' 2"

Instead of snark, I's suggest a pulley system in the garage.

OP
OP
reigny

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you could use the IAG EZ lift. Looks like a great add even if you don’t have a difficult time…..
and like with any soft top, this one gets easier with a few uses and lessons learned
No. The IAG EZ lift only helps lift the soft top back up or down from the second position or to more easily access the rear cargo area. It doesn't help you take the top completely off. I preordered last week.

The top can be challenging because the weight is accentuated by the fact that it is unwieldy. I have not fully removed mine but I got a small scrape in the roll bar paint when I was trying to put the top back up by myself from the down position. It is hard for one person to successfully balance the top otherwise it can tip and gouge the paint. When you took the doors off, was there any problem with the doors scraping the frame? I have not taken mine off yet due to weather but will do so soon. Those two rubber door protectors seem pretty small.
I got a chip in my roll bar too once when i raised the soft top back up from position 2. Ford fixed it for $100 and i bought PPC for the roll bar. Sounds like you need the IAG EZ Lift which i linked below. I also noted another forum member bought some Amazon door protectors that we used today that worked perfectly.

https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-...-system-for-2021-ford-bronco-4-door-soft-top/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DCF3KQ1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

https://www.undergroundgraphics.com/products/ford-bronco-4dr-rear-roll-bar-ppf-2021

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched a few videos. I guess the trick it to try to lift straight up instead of swinging it up. But, I have never done it myself so I can't say if it really helps.

OP
OP
reigny

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I watched a few videos. I guess the trick it to try to lift straight up instead of swinging it up. But, I have never done it myself so I can't say if it really helps.
Yes Ford put stickers where to lift it. But then it becomes awkward when it's high and you have to move it over to the top of the vehicle.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also noted another forum member bought some Amazon door protectors that we used today that worked perfectly.
I don't have mine yet so sorry if this is a silly question but where are people putting the door protectors?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That top is almost body weight for each one of them. It's also in an awkward position for someone 5' 2"

Instead of snark, I's suggest a pulley system in the garage.
That may be a more useful comment but not as funny
Sponsored