Sponsored

OnX CarPlay interface sucks. (a warning, not a rant)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have OnX hunt and Android. My understanding is that only OnX Trail (not Hunt) is compatible with Android Auto and the Bronco...True?

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 3 national forests to chose from for exploring in my Bronco. I’ve used Gia, Onx, and the Bronco app. After much time with all them they have their pluses and minuses. The layout on Onx is a pretty map, but real world practically it misses the basic functions of maps. When driving with Onx it often very confusing where you actually are because those basic map functions are missing. I end up pulling up Gia instead or the Bronco App.

After using the Bronco trail app, their topo maps are very good but the imagery is not high resolution like Onx. Tracking way points is simple but I am not able to track routes. Gia gives you all the details after doing a route like elevation, top speed, ect.

If the Bronco app had route tracking and better imagery I’d probably just use that 100% of the time. So for the mean time I will continue to flip between the different apps when I need a certain feature.🤷‍♂️

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use OnX on an iPhone 13 Pro for backcountry use, and love it.
Sponsored