Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went over Ophir Pass back in October and finally got around to editing the video. I really felt like Ophir was way easier than it's rated, and I'm not sure it should be called a "Badge of Honor" trail. Really nothing too technical or challenging, and it's quite short. It was definitely fun, and just like the rest of Colorado, had incredibly beautiful views, especially with fall colors. We even saw another moose, which seems to be our calling card for Bronco adventures. Enjoy the video!

Ford Bronco Ophir Pass, CO - Badge of Honor (Oct 2023) with Bronco Black Diamond 1000002002
Sponsored

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking Jeep needed to have some easy trails in order to boost some people confidence. That was my wife’s 1st off roading trail when she had her grand cherokee trailhawk. Her 2nd trail that weekend was Black Bear lol and then she finished the weekend driving the alpine loop. Now she wants to drive every trail when we’re out, or at least when we have her Bronco and not towing our offroad trailer behind the Bronco.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

did Ophir last year, it's a county roud and for the most part could be done in 2 wheel drive. When we did it, the drive was very dusty, but not difficult. Good views of the valley though.

OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

did Ophir last year, it's a county roud and for the most part could be done in 2 wheel drive. When we did it, the drive was very dusty, but not difficult. Good views of the valley though.
Yeah, the bits coming down the West side of it have some scree-like areas, but it's little more than a dirt road for a lot of it.

Sponsored

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My brother and I did a bunch of trails and used the bronco app for all of them and it was hilarious the notes said stuff like 35”+ tires badlands 2” lift and multiple mods for trails that we saw Subarus on haha

OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My brother and I did a bunch of trails and used the bronco app for all of them and it was hilarious the notes said stuff like 35”+ tires badlands 2” lift and multiple mods for trails that we saw Subarus on haha
Yeah, I'm definitely questioning people's sanity when I read those, but it kind frustrates me in a way because seeing some of those makes me a little cautious (maybe too much so) about attacking a trail. YouTube can tell me a lot more, I think.

Last edited:

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like this one was literally as difficult as the picture. Could easily do it in a rental car. I don’t see the notes I remember but my sister in law did it with no experience in a bone stock 2000 tundra on Michelin street tires and somehow this doofus said it’s difficult
Ford Bronco Ophir Pass, CO - Badge of Honor (Oct 2023) with Bronco Black Diamond IMG_6755

OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like this one was literally as difficult as the picture. Could easily do it in a rental car. I don’t see the notes I remember but my sister in law did it with no experience in a bone stock 2000 tundra on Michelin street tires and somehow this doofus said it’s difficult
Exactly. But then you get somebody, on the other end, who knows what they're talking about and "difficult" actually means difficult. I guess you just have to grab your nuts and go for it.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the video! Easy peasy gravel road, but beautiful.

We’re heading up there from Tx taking the new Bronco (hopefully) or Gladiator and 3 other jeeps with friends to do Alpine loop and others in the area in July 6-13 2024. Staying at Silverton Lakes RV park South. Can’t wait.
Our friend’s wives are city slicker flat-landers afraid of heights so it may be interesting or frustrating IDK. Open to suggestions on trials more difficult but not so much that their wives say “let me out here!” lol. We rock crawl our jeeps and SxS’s here but nothing with 1,000’ sheer drop-offs.

Oh, And we have a Velocity blue BD coming!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking Jeep needed to have some easy trails in order to boost some people confidence. That was my wife’s 1st off roading trail when she had her grand cherokee trailhawk. Her 2nd trail that weekend was Black Bear lol and then she finished the weekend driving the alpine loop. Now she wants to drive every trail when we’re out, or at least when we have her Bronco and not towing our offroad trailer behind the Bronco.
I think Black Bear is my next Badge of Honor. That or Poughkeepsie.

OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the video! Easy peasy gravel road, but beautiful.

We’re heading up there from Tx taking the new Bronco (hopefully) or Gladiator and 3 other jeeps with friends to do Alpine loop and others in the area in July 6-13 2024. Staying at Silverton Lakes RV park South. Can’t wait.
Our friend’s wives are city slicker flat-landers afraid of heights so it may be interesting or frustrating IDK. Open to suggestions on trials more difficult but not so much that their wives say “let me out here!” lol. We rock crawl our jeeps and SxS’s here but nothing with 1,000’ sheer drop-offs.

Oh, And we have a Velocity blue BD coming!
Gotta love that Velocity Blue!

I'm still pretty new to off roading, but I thought the Miller Creek Loop between Rifle and Meeker was pretty fun, though not especially challenging - has some mud spots that are cool and the initial climb is decently interesting. Plus there's other trails to go off on there. I did a video for that one too:

I like Hagerman Pass also, but again, it's not super challenging. It also can get you to some more challenging stuff. My video on that is here:

I've done Engineer Pass as well, and thought it was pretty easy:
Sponsored