First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pinstripes are a badge of honor, wear them with pride!!

I personally would be embarrassed to pull up next to trail hardened Jeeps and Tacos in my pristine Bronco.
Sponsored

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would a Ceramic Coating (NOT done by the dealer) work? Going to an aftermarket shop and having them apply it? How soon after delivery would it be viable to make sure the factory paint has fully cured?
Ceramic coatings can indeed act as a sacrificial layer for the clear coat, but IME they are not effective for trail pinstriping as discussed here.

They're good having low maintenance protection for the clear coat that retains good aesthetic properties (reflectivity) and is hard enough to minimize the swirling and hairlines that would otherwise occur from less-than-optimal wash+dry technique. But it does nothing against stone chips, door dings, or other serious gouging of the paint or clear coat, like trail damage.

I love ceramic coating, but I don't think it's the tool for this particular job.

(Source: R1 Coatings ceramic coating on my daily for 2.5 years now.)

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been reading about this more and more on this forum and it was getting me thinking about how to protect it. Should get a light colour to prevent IT? Then I came back to reality that I have a dark blue vehicle and a black vehicle and don't give a shiiiiii about scratches on either.

I'll let'er buck. It's a truck. Not a museum piece.

Sponsored

BroncoJones

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be interested in doing something like Line-X Ultra down the road but not on a fresh vehicle. It also probably isn't cheap.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t decide if I’m going to baby mine and try to get a protective film, or if I’m going to do some trails the day I get it and say fuck it.

I’m trending towards the former...
I said F-it on my Plum Crazy beast.
Went offroad on day 2 and was glad I did.

A week later, a dump truck on the highway bounced and dropped some stone.
3 paint chips and a windshield chip for me. :mad: :cautious::rolleyes:

The new was over.

I still love how my boat sided rock sliders roll the door edge in on jerks cars, when they fling their doors open. Instead of damaging mine.
??

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wranglers have the magnetic door sheets that you can peel off after the run. Should not be long before those are available. Simple on and off, takes a couple seconds. $180

94F39F40-32A0-4133-A170-948C78BD0EB9.jpeg
That's hideous

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's hideous
I don’t know how hideous they are when you’re trying to protect the paint when you’re in the thick of the thicket. However, if you are rockin removable panels in town? Seriously, the lift, the tires, the jack, the bumpers, etc. We’re picking up on the vibe. Got it! Yes, I’ve seen this. Yes, they are hideous at that point.
Sponsored