First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not sure how much our reservation time stamp matters at this point but does any one know how they decide what orders are being built in what order. I was thinking that it must be computer program based on time stamp vs parts on hand. Yesterday I dropped the tow package and moved from the lux to high package. I know others have switched from MIC to a soft top and made other changes to get their Broncos sooner. I was just wondering if we are constantly being moved up and down the build list as we are changing our order.
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a computer-powered process for sure. The process is plenty complex, and my understanding is that, yes, your build will be continually evaluated so your changes will be taken into consideration during the next round of scheduling.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

build, time stamp, dealer allocation, parts available, and region/location, they're not gonna ship one Bronco to your town, they'll try and organize a train load or truck load. Probably some more variables we don't know about.

I'm not changing a thing on my order, it'll get here when it gets here. Would have loved to have it for summer, but made lots of other plans in the mean time. Can't play a game if you don't know all the rules. Yes, some changed tops or removed tow and got a VIN soon thereafter, but there's no way knowing if that actually made any difference or if they'd have been picked next anyway.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unless you have a First Edition, then you’re last.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should be obvious they can only build with whatever parts they expect to have.
They look at the pile and decide they can build THESE rigs..... then they go down the list , arranged by res and allocations and find the orders that match what they can build.
So base Base first ..... First Editions last.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is that all orders are on a list based on your time stamp (easy part). Then the computer system that pulls orders for building makes things difficult. The algorithm looks at the list starting at the top of the list and works it's way down the list evaluating each order for several things. The bigger things on the list that we know about are Dealer allocation and Parts constraints.

So changing your order doesn't move you up or down the list, it just changes what the system is looking at. So if everyone dropped tow package you are in the same spot. Reverse is if you didn't have tow package and 500 people before you dropped it your chance of getting picked up sooner is lower.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Time stamp only matters for your dealership, determining where you fall in their allocation. If they had all parts for all builds, then the time stamp would be huge.

But because of the commodity restraints (MIC, tow, etc), they’re scanning the time stamps, and if yours can’t be built (when you’re next in line) due to restraints, they move onto the next buildable order.

I believe total dealership allocations matter in the sense that they’ll probably first try to accommodate the dealerships with the largest allocations (reward them for having more orders than lesser dealerships)

but because the commodities change from week to week, and month to month, it’s a cluster, with no easy formula to predict when *your* specific build will be buildable.

I don’t like it one bit, but that’s where we are now. Sure changing your order to remove as many sins as possible *might* help, but there’s no way to know for sure how much (or little).

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the time stamp is completely useless. I think the dealers will get their allocation allotments and divvy them out how they see fit.
Beyond the one or two priority orders, the dealers are not in the process. It goes allocation, commodity, and timestamp. It is computer-driven. It all starts with allocation, if your dealer's number isn't up, nothing happens - regardless of timestamp.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the time stamp is completely useless. I think the dealers will get their allocation allotments and divvy them out how they see fit.
I checked my dealer's orders. Looks like 157 Bronco orders, 28 with VIN. Just checking those with VINs I saw 23 with timestamps mostly 07/14 and a couple 15, 16, and a 7/23. The others seem to be dealer vehicles and a couple without listed timestamps but First Editions. I think they were produced units and may have dropped the timestamp. In random checks there were additional 07/14/20 and other early reservations that have not received VINs. Seems like timestamps are a priority at my dealership not that they have any control of it.
Sponsored