Sponsored

Order question?? Dealer says i have to wait till Ford tells them to "pick up the build"?

Roadkill

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello All,

I've been patiently waiting for my local Ford dealership to take my Bronco Order. I placed the reservation for a 1st edition back on 07/14/20. When i asked the dealership recently about when they are going to place my order I was told by the salesman: "When they pick up the build they will notify us both. Then we can sit down and go over it all. According to Ford." What does this mean ? can anyone throw some clarifying light on this? I also briefly spoke to the general manager a week prior to this and he informed me that the dealership i had ordered from only had 7 allocations and that the dealership got to pick who those allocations would be going to.. This seems contrary to what Ford has posted. We are 3/4 the way through February and the last email from Ford I received was on Janurary 15th that my dealer would be taking my order soon. That was over a month ago! Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Run don’t walk away from that dealership. They are lying to you. You can place your order right now. Dealerships also don’t decide who gets their Broncos allocated for 2021 and how many. Ford does.

Oh and if you order a FE, it will be a 2021 and the allocation method is not included with it so there’s another lie by your dealership.

OP
OP
Roadkill

Roadkill

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh.. and something else.. when i went to check my reservation.. it says in store order already???
Does this mean the Dealer went and ordered my Bronco without my consent?

Ford Bronco Order question?? Dealer says i have to wait till Ford tells them to "pick up the build"? order

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I try not to be a conspiracy theorist nut, but this kind of looks like they are trying to snipe your first edition and sell it to the highest bidder. They order it and tell you that you don't get to order it yet? o_O

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I try not to be a conspiracy theorist nut, but this kind of looks like they are trying to snipe your first edition and sell it to the highest bidder. They order it and tell you that you don't get to order it yet? o_O
It might just be a "right hand, left hand" situation at the dealership. It appears your order has been placed, which is good. Now you just need a build sheet from the dealer with the right particulars.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you have a solid agreement with the dealership on price. My guess, based on their other shenanigans, is that they are going to ADM your ass. You really do need to find another dealership.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Run don’t walk away from that dealership. They are lying to you. You can place your order right now. Dealerships also don’t decide who gets their Broncos allocated for 2021 and how many. Ford does.

Oh and if you order a FE, it will be a 2021 and the allocation method is not included with it so there’s another lie by your dealership.
I hope you have a solid agreement with the dealership on price. My guess, based on their other shenanigans, is that they are going to ADM your ass. You really do need to find another dealership.

All of the above. Find another dealer, get your deal, have Ford turn your order back into a reservation and order with the new dealer. There are a few dealers who post up in here that are straight shooters. Bunch of us got our deals in writing months ago, sounds like you are a victim of one of the slimiest dealers out there, pulling every trick in the book to make extra bucks, your bucks Do not be bashful about naming the dealer and location as a warning to others...

MikeCt

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since your order is placed you should have received a copy of the
Dealer Order Receipt Aknowledgement or DORA. directly from Ford.
This will state the information about your build and should be exactly as you want
your Bronco. If it is not correct, ask your dealer to make the changes you
want. I would have a firm understanding (in writing) of pricing and any
additional charges.

Ford Bronco Order question?? Dealer says i have to wait till Ford tells them to "pick up the build"? Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 5.30.44 AM

Good Luck

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh.. and something else.. when i went to check my reservation.. it says in store order already???

Ford Bronco Order question?? Dealer says i have to wait till Ford tells them to "pick up the build"? Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 5.30.44 AM
They ordered it...you should have gotten an email too with the build. At least you could see what color and options they are trying to get on the FE they intend on sniping from you....good luck.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, that is a reasonable conclusion.

Here's the conspiracy theory:
This person works at a dealership and is trying to figure out if their customer will find out they've sniped their reservation.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since your order is placed you should have received a copy of the
Dealer Order Receipt Aknowledgement or DORA. directly from Ford.
This will state the information about your build and should be exactly as you want
your Bronco. If it is not correct, ask your dealer to make the changes you
want. I would have a firm understanding (in writing) of pricing and any
additional charges.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 5.30.44 AM.png

Good Luck
This is not a Dora. But yes you should at least have this preview of your order entry. A Dora is a document with mostly numbers and codes. You receive that when ford has accepted (acknowledged) the order.

Last edited:

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello All,

I've been patiently waiting for my local Ford dealership to take my Bronco Order. I placed the reservation for a 1st edition back on 07/14/20. When i asked the dealership recently about when they are going to place my order I was told by the salesman: "When they pick up the build they will notify us both. Then we can sit down and go over it all. According to Ford." What does this mean ? can anyone throw some clarifying light on this? I also briefly spoke to the general manager a week prior to this and he informed me that the dealership i had ordered from only had 7 allocations and that the dealership got to pick who those allocations would be going to.. This seems contrary to what Ford has posted. We are 3/4 the way through February and the last email from Ford I received was on Janurary 15th that my dealer would be taking my order soon. That was over a month ago! Any help would be appreciated.
There are some dealers that just aren't well informed and with 7 allocations, my assumption is that this dealer may not be familiar with the process. I'd visit with whoever orders cars at that store and have them agree to pricing and update an order. My guess is it's more of a lack of knowledge than bad intent.

If you don't get anywhere then I would call customer service and have an order switched to a dealer that is more well informed.

Uwdawg631

Wildtrak
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) Ford Fusion's, yes 2, his and hers, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought this meant a pending order, unless you received a confirmation from Ford that your order was placed and confirmed. I have the same thing on my Ford account. I received no e-mail from Ford about an order being placed. I am meeting with my dealer tomorrow to turn this into a confirmed order.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are some dealers that just aren't well informed and with 7 allocations, my assumption is that this dealer may not be familiar with the process. I'd visit with whoever orders cars at that store and have them agree to pricing and update an order. My guess is it's more of a lack of knowledge than bad intent.

If you don't get anywhere then I would call customer service and have an order switched to a dealer that is more well informed.
This man knows exactly what he's talking about, so I suggest you heed his advice.

My advice, run away from your dealer like they have the plague. Something is not right.
Sponsored