Sponsored

Dealer said that Ford is asking them to convert not-yet-used resy's to their order bank.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But while you are unsure of options, some of your basic build won't change. I presume based on your profile picture that you are fairly certain on a 2-dr WT (includes 2.7L and Sasquatch by default). Allowing for Ford to plan on those commodities can only help for MY22 rollout. IMO, it is embarrassing that Ford didn't anticipate enough 2-dr chassis for the Bronco launch. They can't repeat that for MY22.
I edited my post after reading your first reply. You make a lot of sense.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure thing. It's just "interesting" to have until March 18th to convert to an order, yet be "pressured" by your dealer to convert now ... when it is of zero benefit to you (the consumer).

Feels shady. I'm not saying that it is, but it feels that way. Why give March 18th if Ford wants them converted now? hahahaa...
But from a dealer perspective, though I do not work at one, if they had "many" people that waited until Mar 18 to decide to finally convert their reservation to an order, what would happen if the dealer just didn't have the bandwidth to do the last 200 or whatever on that very last day?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@splathead I don't want you to think I'm being contrarian. I'm in the same boat as you as getting a MY22. But there is a 0% chance that I'll get a 4-dr. While I have opined that if a 2-dr LB FE with Navy Pier showed up on a lot, that I would be willing to pay crazy ADM. If that same FE was in a 4-dr, I have no interest.

So while a converted reservation now for a MY22 won't be 100% exactly what I'll actually order when MY22 options are announced, for the most part, it won't change with regards to the basics.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sure thing. It's just "interesting" to have until March 18th to convert to an order, yet be "pressured" by your dealer to convert now ... when it is of zero benefit to you (the consumer).

Feels shady. I'm not saying that it is, but it feels that way. Why give March 18th if Ford wants them converted now? hahahaa...
Keeping in mind that March 18th is only just over 3 weeks away. Likely a lot of people waiting till the deadline to convert and some dealers will be slammed.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer called over the weekend and said the same thing. He claimed that Ford wanted those that are waiting on MY22 to submit now. I have 2 reservations and will only convert 1. Of this turns out to be another dirty tactic, then Iā€™ll jump ship.

@noahr can you confirm that Mullinax is approaching this way?
My understanding is that everyone should put in an order and we can do a different priority code so you should do it or you can lose your spot

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No amount of showering and hand washing after a 'car deal' removes that 'icky feeling'.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I for one am now in the position of being totally up in the air about what to order. It could be any number of builds, so I want to wait until some of this shakes out. Get real reviews about the various Broncos and their options. Putting in an order now could potentially be a totally different rig from what I would actually order come the '22 order banks opening. Really, all Ford would gain from me placing my order now is that they would know they've got a sale. That's it.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I for one am now in the position of being totally up in the air about what to order. It could be any number of builds, so I want to wait until some of this shakes out. Get real reviews about the various Broncos and their options. Putting in an order now could potentially be a totally different rig from what I would actually order come the '22 order banks opening. Really, all Ford would gain from me placing my order now is that they would know they've got a sale. That's it.
Put your order in. Have the dealer Code 99 and wait for MY22. You can still cancel if the Bronco doesn't work for you.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
No amount of showering and hand washing after a 'car deal' removes that 'icky feeling'.
I like my dealer. He's a straight shooter, so are the ones that post up in here...

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Put your order in. Have the dealer Code 99 and wait for MY22. You can still cancel if the Bronco doesn't work for you.
I have no intentions of cancelling my order, but I donā€™t know exactly I want to order yet, so Iā€™m waiting. What do I possibly have to gain by putting in a ā€bogusā€ build now?

I like Fordā€˜s earlier communication about ā€œcapturing the customerā€™s decisionā€ and waiting for the 2022 order banks to open in summer.

That is what I told my dealer Iā€™m doing, and I havenā€™t gotten any pushback or pressure about it.

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like my dealer. He's a straight shooter, so are the ones that post up in here...
I absolutely love my new dealer. That was in reference to the old dealer that decided to contact me after seven months of no contact and ask me when I was coming to convert my reservation.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no intentions of cancelling my order, but I donā€™t know exactly I want to order yet, so Iā€™m waiting. What do I possibly have to gain by putting in a ā€bogusā€ build now?

I like Fordā€˜s earlier communication about ā€œcapturing the customerā€™s decisionā€ and waiting for the 2022 order banks to open in summer.

That is what I told my dealer Iā€™m doing, and I havenā€™t gotten any pushback or pressure about it.
You have about 3 weeks to get in line or you'll loose the reservation. You can always alter the build further down the line.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have about 3 weeks to get in line or you'll loose the reservation.
Where has that ever been stated?

Only thing I've seen is from this site from a dealer email. Someone please let me know if this has somehow changed.

• Do reservations ever expire?
  • There is no expiration date for reservations at this time.

• If a customer wants options that are not available until 22MY, should they still convert their reservation to an order between 1/20/2021 ā€“ 3/19/2021?
  • We recommend you capture their decision and let them know their reservation timestamp carries over to 22MY and you will contact them when the 22MY order bank opens. Details on 22MY ordering will be available this summer.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not picking on any one person. I'm only posting this because I've seen it multiple times on this site recently. Yes, it's a pet peeve, but really, these are such common words that everyone should know how to use them.

Definition of loose
(Entry 1 of 3)

1a : not rigidly fastened or securely attached loose planks in a bridge

b(1) : having worked partly free from attachments a loose tooth

(2) : having relative freedom of movement

c : produced freely and accompanied by raising of mucus a loose cough

d : not tight-fitting loose clothing

Definition of lose

5a : to fail to use : let slip by : waste no time to lose

b(1) : to fail to win, gain, or obtain lose a prize lose a contest

(2) : to undergo defeat in lost every battle

c : to fail to catch with the senses or the mind lost what she said