Sponsored

Dealer said that Ford is asking them to convert not-yet-used resy's to their order bank.

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i • Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
oh boy.

He "offered", and I told him to leave it alone, and that if it would help, I would gladly move my reservation so that he would not be bugged about it.

copied text from email below. Do I need to just move my reservation now anyway? I was/am hopeful that they would/will remain on the up and up.

copied text: "That is definitely a possibility. Do you mind if I convert your reservation to our order bank? Ford is asking us to do so. "

thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Follow up reply from Dealer.

"Sorry if that seemed confusing. What I meant is I would convert your reservation over to our order bank. Not move it anywhere else, and if you want to wait for a 2022 we can wait to submit anything until you are ready. Ford is just asking dealers to convert customers reservations to our own order banks. Your reservation stays the same!

Best,
"

Is this legit? I hate to lose a dealer over BS.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is legit. Ford wants Dealers to convert as many orders be it ones that are going now or for MY22.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

oh boy.

He "offered", and I told him to leave it alone, and that if it would help, I would gladly move my reservation so that he would not be bugged about it.

copied text from email below. Do I need to just move my reservation now anyway? I was/am hopeful that they would/will remain on the up and up.

copied text:
View attachment 92208 ]

thoughts?
My dealer called over the weekend and said the same thing. He claimed that Ford wanted those that are waiting on MY22 to submit now. I have 2 reservations and will only convert 1. Of this turns out to be another dirty tactic, then I’ll jump ship.

@noahr can you confirm that Mullinax is approaching this way?

Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yeah, Ford is trying to get as many reservations converted as they can, even those who plan on waiting to 2022. Trying to inflate their conversion stats for marketing purposes, no doubt.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, Ford is trying to get as many reservations converted as they can, even those who plan on waiting to 2022. Trying to inflate their conversion stats for marketing purposes, no doubt.
And also so they can more accurately determine demand and trends, and then supply people with delivery estimates.

I know if I were them I would want to know what to expect when MY22 comes around.

OP
OP

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure thing. It's just "interesting" to have until March 18th to convert to an order, yet be "pressured" by your dealer to convert now ... when it is of zero benefit to you (the consumer).

Feels shady. I'm not saying that it is, but it feels that way. Why give March 18th if Ford wants them converted now? hahahaa...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And also so they can more accurately determine demand and trends, and then supply people with delivery estimates.

I know if I were them I would want to know what to expect when MY22 comes around.
While Ford wants to pad the converted reservation rate for marketing purposes, learning basic commodities now will aid them to plan for MY22 builds as you said. While many who are waiting for the MY22 aren't decided on whatever flavor of green that is announced/white top/Heritage package, the basic build won't change from now until when the MY22 order bank is open. Those who are planning on a 2-dr/2.7L/Sasquatch/etc. will still get those same options when it comes time for MY22. Allowing Ford to have an idea of how many 2-dr chassis to anticipate for MY22 a few months before is a good thing.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I'm sure you're right. Problem is, anyone purposely waiting for a 22 is doing so for options not yet available on a 21 (for me its roof and body colors). And if I have to order now I am not going to give any thought to what options to include. So whatever I put on an order March 21st is going to change when 22 ordering opens up. It would be a mistake for ford to expend too money/effort into forecasting based on code 99 orders.

Edit: This makes sense, though. Especially since the 2dr is a late availability now. I guess it's not a bad idea to try to make your MY22 order on March 21st as accurate as you can to avoid late availability issues in 2022.
Allowing Ford to have an idea of how many 2-dr chassis to anticipate for MY22 a few months before is a good thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure thing. It's just "interesting" to have until March 18th to convert to an order, yet be "pressured" by your dealer to convert now ... when it is of zero benefit to you (the consumer).

Feels shady. I'm not saying that it is, but it feels that way. Why give March 18th if Ford wants them converted now? hahahaa...
Yeah. Good call.

Based on what some of the dealers have been saying, the actual act of "converting" the order (entering it into the system) is not a trivial matter. Depending on how many they think they have to do, it would make sense to start doing them early.

That and they want to keep you from going anywhere.

;)

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking that Ford was getting the opposite complaints from Bronco reservation holders (we've had threads posted in B6G) that a dealer was not placing an order when the reservation holder was wanting late availability or MY22 options. This may be Fords clarification to dealers to get those orders in if the reservation holder still wants to order.

Of course some dealers will fail to read or "misinterpret" the "with customer consent" statement and use that a tool to pressure folks who are undecided about ordering into doing so.

Last edited:

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Feels shady. I'm not saying that it is, but it feels that way.
Dealing with car dealers always feels shady. :)

Why give March 18th if Ford wants them converted now? hahahaa...
The process is not like ordering a burger at Burger King. It is a drawn out process. If you had dozens/100s of orders to enter, you would want to start now too. Granger had 2 or 3 people doing it and it took them weeks just for their first allotment, not even including the hundreds of additional reservations they have not included in their first round of orders.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With a higher than expected cancellation rate, this would make sense. The MY22 Bronco builds could be getting pushed further and further away from the reveal day as people cancel.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure you're right. Problem is, anyone purposely waiting for a 22 is doing so for options not yet available on a 21 (for me its roof and body colors). And if I have to order now I am not going to give any thought to what options to include. So whatever I put on an order March 21st is going to change when 22 ordering opens up. It would be a mistake for ford to expend too money/effort into forecasting based on code 99 orders.
But while you are unsure of options, some of your basic build won't change. I presume based on your profile picture that you are fairly certain on a 2-dr WT (includes 2.7L and Sasquatch by default). Allowing for Ford to plan on those commodities can only help for MY22 rollout. IMO, it is embarrassing that Ford didn't anticipate enough 2-dr chassis for the Bronco launch. They can't repeat that for MY22.
Sponsored