Sponsored

Order to Allocation Time (Raptor only)?

How long was the wait from your order being placed (i.e. DORA/WBDO) to getting an allocation?

• Total voters

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Trying to make some sense of the madness/frustration waiting for my allocation.

Assuming you did not have an allocation ready to go when you ordered, how long did it take after your order from your dealer to FMC (meaning you got acknolwedgement of your order by a DORA or WBDO) until you got an allocation?

I am at a very large dealer and its been almost 6 months for me.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Most dealerships will not place an order without an allocation. I know you are in a unique situation but the majority of the time the allocation initiates the order.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks guys. Seems from the poll that my dealer is far from alone. From my (limited) understanding, dealers get a rough idea of their monthly or annual allocations from FMC, even for Specialty Vehicles. Mine was confident they would get an allocation for me, but I'm not terribly optimistic. Definitely concerned due to what will be 3 price increases if rolling over to '24.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Actual allocations are awarded on a monthly-ish basis.

Usually they will find out how many allocations they have on the first Monday of the month. So they will find out how many allocations they have for the month of June tomorrow on June 5th.
Well fantastic. I'll try not to be too disappointed at around the end of the day EST tomorrow. Its also the day before my B-day. Who knows, maybe an early present.

Thanks for the great info. My salesperson is extremely tight-lipped/conservative. Seems like he's probably been burned a few times in the past by providing guesses/estimates and doesn't want to get even close to doing so again.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Actual allocations are awarded on a monthly-ish basis.

Usually they will find out how many allocations they have on the first Monday of the month.
So you are sure Braptor (and all Specialty Vehicles?) are on beginning of month schedule?

Bronco is on mid and end of month per your other post.

Thanks again!

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fundamentally specialty vehicles are handled differently than "normal" vehicles, so it's difficult to say exactly Ford's methodology for it is. To be perfectly honest, sometimes from the dealership perspective it just feels like it's completely random.
Thanks.

I'm sure this strongly contributes to my Salesperson's overall communication style and willingness to share or even speculate...

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ordered as soon as 2022 order banks opened in March. Sales manager assured me he had an allocation and a Golden Ticket who was getting his other allocation. Got it for MSRP in October. Small town, small dealer but moves quite a few Raptor trucks.

Last edited:

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ordered as soon as 2022 order banks opened in March. Sales manager assured me he had an allocation and a Golden Ticket who was getting his other allocation. Got it for MSRP. Small town, small dealer but moves quite a few Raptor trucks.

So when did you take delivery?

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor