Sponsored

Dealer has available allocation. Can I order?

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I thought that the order banks closed back about a month ago for any new order, GT or otherwise. I remember a deadline that we had to have our orders in by and if you missed it, you were SOL. Maybe I misunderstood the deadline though.

I think the issue is order is used for too many things around here and by Ford.

The ability to have an order tied to your email was closed in March I think. This is similar to all the existing orders with all the trims, not just the Raptor. I don't know how to better describe that order.

Ford had instructed all Raptor orders (technically different type of order) to have their orders updated by the deadline you are referencing, I remember it too, in order to get scheduled. This is like the actual build that is submitted by your dealer.

I honestly don't know if a dealership can update an existing Raptor order/allocation that hasn't been scheduled but I would assume so. This is basically what I'm implying a new late comer could do. You could commit to a dealership to purchase a Raptor and they could update the order already in the system to your specs. I saw some on Facebook at 40k ADM as recent as last week offering this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If folks want to check, feel free. Pugmire Ford in Carrollton ga claims to have two unsold allocations. they initially wanted 35k adm but after reminding them of my purchase history they did me a big solid and dropped it to 25k🙄. Told em no thanks. That was today…
It‘s possible! If true that means the dealer has already submitted the order. I would ask to see the build sheet/ Dora to see what they built.

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can't order a 22 BRaptor, all orders had to be in by 3/10. It would be odd that a dealer left allocation on the table. it is more likely that the dealer order units using a customer name with that allocation and is now selling them. If you get to the dealer before the unit is scheduled for production the dealer could still change the order (color trim, options...). My suggestion is if the dealer says he has them and if it isn't exactly what you want you should jump on it now. I mean today! I expect another round of scheduling to start tomorrow. I have no insight into scheduling it is just a hunch

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The last round of Raptor's got scheduled on a non-build week, so it is entirely possibly we see another round scheduled this Thursday.

Contact your dealer and ensure they have an unclaimed allocation and that they can update the order/build in their system. If both are true jump on that assuming you are agreeable to their price.

OP
OP

pck823

Raptor
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Z-06 vert, and way too many motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I found a dealer that ordered a unit for inventory and got it for 10k adm. wasn’t my first choice of colors/options but I signed the deal today! They placed the order on 3/9 so I guess I’m in the club!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit. I now see that this is in the BRaptor forum

Holy smokes, thanks for this. LOL
I was wondering what the hell was going on.

I pay very little attn to the Braptor stuff, but I seem to recall from the order cutoff announcement , the Raptors were excepted from the order deadline because all the golden tickets would not even be awarded by that date.
It seems like the Everglades was mentioned in some manner also.

BRaptor23

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I found a dealer that ordered a unit for inventory and got it for 10k adm. wasn’t my first choice of colors/options but I signed the deal today! They placed the order on 3/9 so I guess I’m in the club!
Congrats! What color/options did you end up getting?

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does the dealer have a vin and a production date? If not, it may not be too late to change the color and options.

OP
OP

pck823

Raptor
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does the dealer have a vin and a production date? If not, it may not be too late to change the color and options.
No vin yet. You mean there’s a chance they can change the order? Please tell me how-would change a few things. for now it’s a code orange (for now)! Thanks!

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No vin yet. You mean there’s a chance they can change the order? Please tell me how-would change a few things. for now it’s a code orange (for now)! Thanks!
Honestly don't know. With normal trims you can change things prior to a VIN being assigned, one would assume the Raptors would be the same but you wont know until you ask the dealer.

Sponsored

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I may be able to shed a little light on this.

Raptor order bank is not "closed". It will remain open until all Raptors have scheduled for production later this year. If a dealer told you the order bank is closed it could just be to mean that their selection process has finished and they don't have any allocation to give out anymore. Could also be they don't know what they're talking about. Raptors are unlike the rest of Bronco scheduling in that a dealer doesn't need to have 100% of their Raptor orders submitted right now. We can build them all out right now, or we can wait until Ford tells us "Send us 3 raptor order numbers". FYI, unscheduled Raptor orders can still be edited and I haven't heard of any restraints on what can / can't be ordered at this time.

As far as allocation goes, dealers were given allocation in 3 categories: First Edition Carryovers (Raptors for people who didn't receive their FEs), Reservation Hand-Raisers, and Dealer Stock. For categories 1 & 2, dealers are *supposed to* order the vehicles for the reservation holders and honor the original pricing offered for a normal Bronco. Dealers keep that allocation for themselves if the handraiser doesn't go through with the Raptor upgrade. All dealers will have different strategies on what to do with their Dealer units though. Some will order them for retail customers and lock the deal down early, some will order them how they want and take offers on it once it arrives.

Cheers!

P.S. No, we don't have any Raptor allocation available :p

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I may be able to shed a little light on this.

Raptor order bank is not "closed". It will remain open until all Raptors have scheduled for production later this year. If a dealer told you the order bank is closed it could just be to mean that their selection process has finished and they don't have any allocation to give out anymore. Could also be they don't know what they're talking about. Raptors are unlike the rest of Bronco scheduling in that a dealer doesn't need to have 100% of their Raptor orders submitted right now. We can build them all out right now, or we can wait until Ford tells us "Send us 3 raptor order numbers". FYI, unscheduled Raptor orders can still be edited and I haven't heard of any restraints on what can / can't be ordered at this time.

As far as allocation goes, dealers were given allocation in 3 categories: First Edition Carryovers (Raptors for people who didn't receive their FEs), Reservation Hand-Raisers, and Dealer Stock. For categories 1 & 2, dealers are *supposed to* order the vehicles for the reservation holders and honor the original pricing offered for a normal Bronco. Dealers keep that allocation for themselves if the handraiser doesn't go through with the Raptor upgrade. All dealers will have different strategies on what to do with their Dealer units though. Some will order them for retail customers and lock the deal down early, some will order them how they want and take offers on it once it arrives.

Cheers!

P.S. No, we don't have any Raptor allocation available :p
Don’t forget that somehow, the Raptor graphic is constrained.

OP
OP

pck823

Raptor
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats! What color/options did you end up getting?
Well it wasn't my first choice but mine is Code Orange/Lux Package/Graphics/Forged wheels. I am starting to warm up to the color especially since it's unique to the Raptor
Sponsored