Sponsored

Dealer Markup on Raptor - Can I do anything?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese Econobox
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
no ticket no Warthog. Your dealer is most likely pulling your leg.

Golden tickets (allocations) actually have names attached to them.
Pulling my leg to what end? What does it gain for them to promise a Raptor they cannot deliver on? They already have my deposit, and I cannot make payments on a vehicle they don’t sell me.

To give up the price protection on the Badlands? Could they really be that low?
Sponsored

rclark678

Raptor
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First time responding, and I can say I have the so called "Golden Ticket". Got the call today it's time to build and I asked straight up, is there a "market adjustment"? My rep without missing a breath, yup 10K. I asked and even knew the answer because I reached out to other dealers. Can I transfer my reservation to another dealer? NOPE, too bad so sad, and btw are you thinking of not ordering? We have ppl willing to triple even quadruple the asking mark up. I hate it but they literally have us bent over a barrel for lack of a better analogy.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All Warthog allocations have customer's names on them which means your dealer can't order you one .. unless you have the golden ticket BUT you stated above you do not.

You have a deposit for a Warthog or a Badlands? If warthog, then you may want to ask for your deposit back.

Pulling my leg to what end? What does it gain for them to promise a Raptor they cannot deliver on? They already have my deposit, and I cannot make payments on a vehicle they don’t sell me.

To give up the price protection on the Badlands? Could they really be that low?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese Econobox
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All Warthog allocations have customer's names on them which means your dealer can't order you one .. unless you have the golden ticket BUT you stated above you do not.

You have a deposit for a Warthog or a Badlands? If warthog, then you may want to ask for your deposit back.
They sent me a link to the Raptor Build and Price Configurator.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese Econobox
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes so if what you are saying is true that no one can buy a Raptor without the email folks are referring to as a golden ticket (I imagine it is an email and not a Willy Wonka ticket) then they made a phone call and sent the link for no reason or with an ulterior motive.

Either that or some planned Raptors were given up and reallocated.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes so if what you are saying is true that no one can buy a Raptor without the email folks are referring to as a golden ticket (I imagine it is an email and not a Willy Wonka ticket) then they made a phone call and sent the link for no reason or with an ulterior motive.

Either that or some planned Raptors were given up and reallocated.
order banks open next Tuesday and golden ticket holders have a week to place their order. After that Ford will know how many are going to the holders. Then Ford will either maybe send another round of golden tickets or let dealers know how many open allocations they have to do with what they wish

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My understanding is that people who got the golden ticket got an email a few weeks ago saying they were allocated a Raptor.

I got an email with a picture of a Raptor and a message from Ford basically saying "Looks like you missed out thanks for waiting 18 months."

The dealer called today to tell me I can have what others have if I pay an extra $20k.
If you really want to Raptor, the 20k ADM I think is lower than many dealers are going to offer. I am in California, so I could be different where you are from. Right now our local dealers are selling the Gen 3 f150 Raptor for 30k over MSPR and they are moving units. I am told 30k-50K ADM for a "Dealers" Bronco Raptor.
I think at MSPR the Bronco Raptor has great value for a true off road user, vehicle collector, or enthusiast. But at 100k, for me it is a hard pass. If you really get into off roading, there are so many proven ways to upgrade your suspension and the 2.7 engine to very high level.

Your dealer might just being offering you one of their first dealer allocations when they can order one. just like being on a wait list like many people are for the Raptor. Or as @Raptor911 says so well the Warthog.

Last edited:

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am a golden ticket holder. Also had a well spec'ed Badlands Sas on order, MSRP agreed to by my dealer. I've been prodding the dealer since i got my lucky email, and finally at the end of Feb I learn they would charge $50k ADM for the raptor despite my golden ticket holding.

Being that I have already converted my BL order last March, transferring dealers is not looking likely. I've been in contact with Bronco marketing team, and the dealer I would like to transfer to has been in contact with the local Ford Rep. Basically there seems to be a legal issue about moving my allocation to a new dealer because the original dealer "earned" it already. So I think I am screwed.
Order a white stripped Raptor devoid of any options maybe even a blue interior with orange seat belts then drop it on them, there will be no $50k mark up on that truck.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First time poster, long time lurker of these here 6G forums.

Sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere, feel free to link a post to a thread where this question is already answered. I am pressed for time and only have until March 7, so I am posting first and will read later.

Bronco reservation holder since August 2020. I have been very patient and understanding. I have told the dealer all along the way that I do not care if I have to wait 5 years for my Bronco, as long as I get the features promised with the 2020-2021 price fully protected. I never bothered to set up an account and post on the forums because I thought I could outlast anything with patience.

I had spec'd out a fully loaded Badlands before at a price below $61k at the beginning of 2021. But I got my build delayed multiple times owing to having all of the features causing delays, and was 99'd.

Then the Raptor comes along and of course I want to know if I can get it, I've waited this long. The reason I picked the Badlands Sasquatch in the first place was to have the most capable vehicle. I drive a Japanese econobox, and this is the first time I have ever "yearned" for a particular vehicle.

I just got notified by my dealer that they can get a Raptor, as long as I pay a $20k markup. I spec'd out a mostly loaded Raptor and it brought me to a price above $76k. With the markup it would be over $96k, more than 50% above my previously spec'd Badlands. And they told me I need to decide by March 7.

Called Ford Corporate and mentioned that I had read about Jim Farley saying he did not like the dealer markups:

Ford CEO Asks Dealers to End Markups, Plans Punishment (thetruthaboutcars.com)

The Ford Corporate rep tells me they have no power over the dealers, but "they can take feedback." The gist I get here is that Farley being upset about the markup is just virtue-signaling BS, and the idea is to make as much as possible off the people who want a Raptor....even if that person has been holding a reservation for a year and a half and could be alienated from ever buying a Ford.

So am I just choosing at this point if the extra 0.3L of engine and 2 more inches of tire is worth $35k more than the Badlands Sasquatch? Even at 0% interest over 7 years the extra $35k would be $5k per year or $416.67 per month. That is a lot in cost for a difference in performance I may never take advantage of, even if I greatly prefer "FORD" on the grill to "BRONCO."

Is there anything I can do? Are there less brutal markups out there lower than $20k?

I intend to stop by a different dealership today for the first time, even though I have no expectations that anyone can help.
Just do it.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cmon guys. You know damn well you gonna have to pay adm on a raptor no matter what. Even if this was Great Recession.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
my dealer got 1 ticket and is selling it at sticker. Another dealer on this forum received 8 and selling all at sticker.

Cmon guys. You know damn well you gonna have to pay adm on a raptor no matter what. Even if this was Great Recession.
Sponsored

Last edited: