Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So today I got confirmation that my order in fact now has a VIN#. I used the back door link and vin link to see that my bronco that I thought I ordered 1/27/2021 then converted to a 2022 in 11/14/2021 was in matter of fact just placed on 1/15/22. I went into my dealer on the 15th to remove the tow package. What I am taking away is that they actually never submitted my order all those other times?!? Did this happen to anyone else?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So all 2021 orders that got carried over to 2022 were given a priority code of 99—which is basically the "do not build" code. Dealers were supposed to contact you in October 2021, confirm the 2022 model year options and pricing, and then update your priority code to ensure that it was eligible for build.

What happened in reality seems to be all over the place. Seems like some (probably most) of the dealers did the right thing and confirmed 2022 orders with customers. But some dealers just blindly confirmed their 2022 order without any customer input. And others just haven't done a thing—never contacted the customer, and therefore those orders are probably still set to priority code 99.

Sounds like your order may have been the latter. Or perhaps he confirmed the order with you, but never made the order eligible for build.

BUT hey, you have a VIN now—congrats!! 🥳

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So all 2021 orders that got carried over to 2022 were given a priority code of 99—which is basically the "do not build" code. Dealers were supposed to contact you in October 2021, confirm the 2022 model year options and pricing, and then update your priority code to ensure that it was eligible for build.

What happened in reality seems to be all over the place. Seems like some (probably most) of the dealers did the right thing and confirmed 2022 orders with customers. But some dealers just blindly confirmed their 2022 order without any customer input. And others just haven't done a thing—never contacted the customer, and therefore those orders are probably still set to priority code 99.
Totally, but when I reordered in October on my order preview it showed priority code 10. But the whole time on ford.com it said ordering with dealer. I’m confused as to the vin# tracking why it says date ordered 1/15/22 when I thought I ordered the 22 in October.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally, but when I reordered in October on my order preview it showed priority code 10. But the whole time on ford.com it said ordering with dealer. I’m confused as to the vin# tracking why it says date ordered 1/15/22 when I thought I ordered the 22 in October.
Ohhh... huh... that's interesting.

Pretty sure mine shows an order date of 2/13/21—which is when I first submitted my 2021 order. But of course Ford's site is broken again at the moment so can't double check to make sure I'm not crazy.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So today I got confirmation that my order in fact now has a VIN#. I used the back door link and vin link to see that my bronco that I thought I ordered 1/27/2021 then converted to a 2022 in 11/14/2021 was in matter of fact just placed on 1/15/22. I went into my dealer on the 15th to remove the tow package. What I am taking away is that they actually never submitted my order all those other times?!? Did this happen to anyone else?
No reservation. Originally ordered on 10/22/21. Changed order on 11/16/21. My order confirmation date on the tracker shows 11/16/21. I don't think it's a case of the order was never placed (I received the confirmation email from Ford on 10/22 after I placed the order.)

Sponsored

RenoBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I came to this same conclusion about my ordering process. Pretty much the same exact story as you.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe the change triggered a new order date?