Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've always used Google maps for navigating as every factory system I've had(vw,mazda) just isn't very good and most require you to pay for map updates. And even then they aren't actually up to date! I love the android auto because it puts your Google maps on your vehicle display.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always used Google maps for navigating as every factory system I've had(vw,mazda) just isn't very good and most require you to pay for map updates. And even then they aren't actually up to date! I love the android auto because it puts your Google maps on your vehicle display.
As does CarPlay

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not an iPhone user, so I didn't want to assume it worked the same.
I figured from your comment so I was just throwing it out there in case people didn’t know lol. I honestly prefer Apple Maps anyways, I never thought I’d say that as I hated it at first. But Google Maps is trash now, I have it on my work phone and I use it daily. It can’t identify a turn that isn’t a stop light and frequently wants me to go down the street and do U-turns. Or it sends me on some strange detour through neighborhoods. Then I’ll arrive and it’ll tell me I’m on the wrong side of the street or that I’m 3 minutes away and I need to exit the parking lot and drive in circles 17 times before I pull back in. I’ve had it send me to a high school 10 miles away from where I was going and tell me I arrived or send me to a residence 30+ miles away from where I was going way east towards Kansas. I didn’t even type these locations in either, they’re saved in my contacts and never change. Maybe it’s the crap phone i have but the GPS shows my correct location so I blame the maps. It’s so glitchy lol. /rant
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 6EBF8E07-962B-43F3-9E18-877DCB0F9852

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So long story short my wife who doesn’t know I’m buying this for her told me today she doesn’t like 2 door Wranglers and would want a 4 door. This is after she told me she likes the 2 door Bronco and now she is saying she likes it but wants a 4 door.

She has ruined all my planning and financial thoughts. So the 4 door is the same as the 2 outside of the soft top, right? I have to research everything all over again.

Sponsored

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So long story short my wife who doesn’t know I’m buying this for her told me today she doesn’t like 2 door Wranglers and would want a 4 door. This is after she told me she likes the 2 door Bronco and now she is saying she likes it but wants a 4 door.

She has ruined all my planning and financial thoughts. So the 4 door is the same as the 2 outside of the soft top, right? I have to research everything all over again.
Bigger fuel tank on the 4 door as well, plus power seat and rear slide out tray availability.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might be easier to find a new wife at this point. Lol

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ideal trim but slightly out of my range. Ridiculous how many trims you have to jump just to get a heated steering wheel
This I agree with. I don’t see how a heated steering wheel is a “luxury” item. It should be in a cold weather package and offered on any model. I’m still holding out hope that Ford has a bit more customization in the B&P.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you prefer the 2-door, get the 2-door and just tell her that the 2-door was locked in when she said she liked it and it was too late to change. She'll learn to love it when it comes. There's a chance she could change her mind and regret the 4-door, in which case, neither of you ends up with what you really wanted.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you prefer the 2-door, get the 2-door and just tell her that the 2-door was locked in when she said she liked it and it was too late to change. She'll learn to love it when it comes. There's a chance she could change her mind and regret the 4-door, in which case, neither of you ends up with what you really wanted.
This is a solid idea lol. After I posted this last night I was trying to figure out why her phone wouldn’t connect to the chrome cast. So I used mine and just played a Bronco video from YouTube. She said, “yeah, I really don’t like the 2 door the more I see it, it looks weird”

Kinda sucks, I was excited for the 2 door as I think it’s perfect. But I guess the 4 door will be fine, at the end of the day it’ll be her car payment lol. Plus I guess the back of the 4 door will be better for our dogs because we can put down one of those mats. I’ll keep trying to persuade her, id rather save the 3K

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 1602108908375

With the way the MIC hard top came out on this model, I'm strongly reconsidering the modular top after being dead set on it for these reasons:

1. I'm either going with carb gray or iconic silver, so the matching fender flares and mirrors (especially on carb gray) shouldn't be much of an eyesore, and this top would match and contrast those 2 colors well in my mind.

2. I love all the creature comforts of OBX, but I did worry about the painted top especially on this trim that could make it look and feel way too polished and mall-like.. I think the texture on this MIC hardtop helps keep the more rugged look of the Bronco (and don't have to worry about paint chips!).

3. This MIC is estimated at $700 I believe, and the Modular is $1900, so that $1200 difference is an instant High package upgrade by foregoing the modular.

I believe color is important, and I know it looks great in AR51 right here and everyone is in love with Area 51 right now, but I'm having a hard time imaging an OBX with the AR51 fenders and mirror caps with this MIC top color. Going with the carb gray will help camouflage the fenders and mirror caps and throw more focus onto the top with its texture.

I think I'm pretty sold on going with the MIC top with either of the 2 color choice broncos (iconic silver, carb gray) unless I'm missing something about the modular.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed... the mic top with the matching plastic trims looks good. So if I go with WT I believe I get the black top and mirrors, ut unsure about the fender flares.
Sponsored