First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the way I read the hard top options, it looks like the only way to get the body color hard top (4 Dr) is to also get the black softtop...

If that's the case I don't really mind (other than extra costs) as it gives the bronco two different looks.
Screenshot_20200806-091504~2.png
Wow I didn't read that that way but DAMN you're right. I wanted the Dual tops anyway, but I wanted it to be my choice to get the dual tops or just the body color if the options started to add up $$$$$$.

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow I didn't read that that way but DAMN you're right. I wanted the Dual tops anyway, but I wanted it to be my choice to get the dual tops or just the body color if the options started to add up $$$$$$.

Prior to today there was a listing for Body-Color - Painted. I only know this because I downloaded the information into Excel awhile back. I suspect we will have to wait until the Build & Price configuration tool goes live before we really know.

"Modular Hard Top, Body Color-Painted",

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Big deciding factor will be MPG OBX vs WT.
I wonder if we’ll know this before ordering in December.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if we’ll know this before ordering in December.
You can get a ballpark idea by looking at ranger or f150 with those same engines, but if ford doesn't give you the information you need you can certainly hold off on placing the order. Don't feel pressured to order without knowing the info you need.

Sponsored

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a source who works at Ford who says that the V6 for all is going to be an problem (this is an enthusiast board, so we all would want it if getting an auto, but who really knows the take rate). Between mileage requirements and capacity issues, there might be a situation where someone can't get a V6 or will have to wait until 2022. This will suck and I hope all of us who reserved early (did it on the reveal night, but Ford didn't process until the 14th) get our choices. Me, I don't know what to do. We know the top end is mid 60's. we know that a Wiltrack is $52K with the V6, AWD, Hardtop, and SAS, so that gives us a sense. I'm going to try and get all the things I can't get down the road and probably will wind up with a spec in the mid 50's, which is probably more than I want to spend

OP
OP
YTFORD

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me the tough decisions will come when I can see the costs of all the options.

Its going to be interesting to see if Ford is going to price this thing up and make it like a luxury vehicle.

Only time will tell.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Outer Banks (Factory):
bronco_outerbanks-jpg.jpg

Outer Banks 33s:
bronco_outerbanks_33s-jpg.jpg

Outer Banks 35s(Sasquatch Package)
View attachment 21546
I wish we could keep the colored fenders with the Sasquatch package, but you lose them for the wider black Sasquatch Fenders.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me the tough decisions will come when I can see the costs of all the options.

Its going to be interesting to see if Ford is going to price this thing up and make it like a luxury vehicle.

Only time will tell.
For me if that happens, I might just as well buy something like an Explorer ST. With Bronco, I'm giving up cooled seats,power tilt wheel, memory seat, power folding mirrors, lower quality audio, less power, less space. Instead of removing roof panels, I can just push a button. If pricing gets to $55k for a loaded OB, the choice is gonna be hard.

Sponsored

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish we could keep the colored fenders with the Sasquatch package, but you lose them for the wider black Sasquatch Fenders.
Great point, hadn't thought about that.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am planning on going with the OBX, but I really like the cactus color and am having a hard time seeing the OBX wheels with shiny accents going with the muted cactus color.

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've updated the original post with the correct image..
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread Bronco_OuterBanks_35s.JPG

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone getting this car for family hauler / road trips?

How bad do you think the road noise will be at highway speeds with toddlers sleeping in the back? (Assuming 32s, hardtop, high package for sound deadening)?

...never spent enough time in a Wrangler with my 'dad' goggles to get a decent understanding.

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone getting this car for family hauler / road trips?

How bad do you think the road noise will be at highway speeds with toddlers sleeping in the back? (Assuming 32s, hardtop, high package for sound deadening)?

...never spent enough time in a Wrangler with my 'dad' goggles to get a decent understanding.
We had four kids and I found that the louder and more monotonous the tire drone, the better they slept. ? However I digress, If you want a quiet ride, opt for A/T instead of M/T, you'll be happier if noisy tires bother you or your family.
Sponsored