First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, Lexus NX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome thank you! Already placed in my order and started to realize I didn't ask this question.

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Max, I don't mean to make your choice any harder than it has already been. I know how that is, believe me. I just knew I would need to get the leather package for the power seat so my vertically challenged wife (5'2")could see out. But I recently bought a Ranger, and before ordering I had her sit in a manual seat to see if it would jack up high enough. Low, and behold it did with a bit of room to spare. I was happy, because I didn't really want leather in my Bronco. Just thought I'd throw this out there if you were ever considering the cloth in your Bronco.

BTW, the cloth seats in my Ranger are some of the most comfortable seats we've ever had. I'm quite sure the Bronco will be the same as it looks to me they are of the same frome design as the Ranger with just different covering.
Appreciate the feedback. Coincidentally my wife is also 5’2” so her requirements were tube steps and power seats. We are planning to head to the dealership tomorrow to check out AMB in person, so maybe I’ll try to sneak her into a Ranger to see if sways her thought process, although wouldn’t the Explorer seats be more relevant? I heard the Broncos are getting the same seats as the Explorers.

SK29

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh brother, I know exactly what you're gonna order. When I told the CEO of my humble empire that I was going to order a Bronco she said, "Well, if you're ordering a Bronco it better be red". Guess what color mine will be. :D

But that's fine. We get a Bronco, and the wives will be happy. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :)
Agreed! Tough to gripe too much for the rigs we will be getting ...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which options have power seats and which don't? OBX has power seats or no?
In the two-door, none. In the four-door, upgrading to leather gets you power seats. So, any model you can get with leather.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate the feedback. Coincidentally my wife is also 5’2” so her requirements were tube steps and power seats. We are planning to head to the dealership tomorrow to check out AMB in person, so maybe I’ll try to sneak her into a Ranger to see if sways her thought process, although wouldn’t the Explorer seats be more relevant? I heard the Broncos are getting the same seats as the Explorers.
I haven't heard that, but yes I would try the Explorer also. BTW, mine needs the side steps also. :)

Homer Rice

Badlands
First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer LTD and Dodge Durango Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HI OBX'ers, well I haven't placed my order but have decided to switch form the BD to the OBX. Like the roast leather, different tail lights and the cooler front lights and the HIgh Pkg for the 12 inch screen. Would prefer larger tires but of course would have to jump up to the BL which isn't worth it to me as I won't be off roading (on purpose that is). Going with Oxford White since they changed the cactus grey color! Any one else going with this combination? Would love to hear your thoughts/rationale. Thx Banks

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

HI OBX'ers, well I haven't placed my order but have decided to switch form the BD to the OBX. Like the roast leather, different tail lights and the cooler front lights and the HIgh Pkg for the 12 inch screen. Would prefer larger tires but of course would have to jump up to the BL which isn't worth it to me as I won't be off roading (on purpose that is). Going with Oxford White since they changed the cactus grey color! Any one else going with this combination? Would love to hear your thoughts/rationale. Thx Banks
Homer, the only thing that has stayed constant in this entire circus for me is the OBX. I have a Wrangler Sahara, and those little luxury items have spoiled me. And, the way I off road it does everything I need it to do. The only thing different from the Jeep to the Bronco is I'm going to stick with the cloth seats this time, but am going to add the LUX package. The package itself has a lot of stuff I'll never use, but I do want the 12" screen, Adaptive cruise, Heated steering wheel, and the B&O. So, to get that stuff I gotta go up to the LUX.

BTW, as far as the tires go you could get the ones you want, and sell the original ones to recoup some of your money. I've done that a couple times. I don't get it all back, but it makes the new tires a bit cheaper. :)

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty close to my build except I'm getting Lux and black. I'm not going off road either, so like the smaller tires. They will ride smoother and get a little better MPG than big tires would.

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Placed our order for an Oxford White OBX on 2/13. 2.7, MIC top, Lux package, nonsquatch, modular bumper, roast leather interior, and aux switches. I think that's it. Been driving economy cars and beaters for about 12 years so decided to get all the options on this one.

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a tad late, but thought I'd join in. Order;

Outer Banks - 4Dr with the soft top
Area 51
2.7L
High Package, with switches & floor mats.

I was the first Bronco order at the dealership (small town dealer who mostly sells F-Series to local farmers and SUV's to their wives). Not sure how that will effect my actual delivery date, but there was another couple in their ordering a Base 2Dr, without a reservation. o_O

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a tad late, but thought I'd join in. Order;

Outer Banks - 4Dr with the soft top
Area 51
2.7L
High Package, with switches & floor mats.

I was the first Bronco order at the dealership (small town dealer who mostly sells F-Series to local farmers and SUV's to their wives). Not sure how that will effect my actual delivery date, but there was another couple in their ordering a Base 2Dr, without a reservation. o_O
The way Ford has set up their allocation has me stumped. It may be you will get yours sooner than later since you are the first in line at your dealer. But, that also depends on the number of 2.7L's Ford has allotted for the Bronco. As it is now Ford says the 2.7L may be on constraint. In other words they'll build as many Bronco's they can with the 2.7's they allotted, and the rest of us will have to wait for the supplier to catch up.

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The way Ford has set up their allocation has me stumped. It may be you will get yours sooner than later since you are the first in line at your dealer. But, that also depends on the number of 2.7L's Ford has allotted for the Bronco. As it is now Ford says the 2.7L may be on constraint. In other words they'll build as many Bronco's they can with the 2.7's they allotted, and the rest of us will have to wait for the supplier to catch up.
I saw the email Ford sent detailing some options might delay production / delivery dates, and the 2.7L was one of those. I thought about just keeping the 2.3L, but without really knowing the actual timing, felt it was worth the chance to get what I wanted (I want the 5.0L, but know Ford will wait to see how Jeep responds before they move on the Coyote).

However, I don't really see Ford caring about how many orders a dealership has submitted, or who was the first. I think the orders are going in, they'll plan production around the options selected, and it will be built whenever it gets built. I just hope to get a build date soon. I need to drop some weight before I cruse around with no roof and no doors, and want to know how many more bags of chips I can crush before I need to switch to salads :p

Bunker704

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order:

2-Door
AMB
Mic Top
Non-Sasquatch
2.3L
Lux Package
Navy Pier Leather
Floor Mats

I am 9 out of 20 allocations for my dealership w/ a 7/14 am stamp, placed my order on the 19th but converted on 1/20/21. I'm hoping the 2-Door, lux & leather options don't hold me back to FY-22.
Sponsored

Last edited: