First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw the email Ford sent detailing some options might delay production / delivery dates, and the 2.7L was one of those. I thought about just keeping the 2.3L, but without really knowing the actual timing, felt it was worth the chance to get what I wanted (I want the 5.0L, but know Ford will wait to see how Jeep responds before they move on the Coyote).

However, I don't really see Ford caring about how many orders a dealership has submitted, or who was the first. I think the orders are going in, they'll plan production around the options selected, and it will be built whenever it gets built. I just hope to get a build date soon. I need to drop some weight before I cruse around with no roof and no doors, and want to know how many more bags of chips I can crush before I need to switch to salads :p
I wouldn't worry to much about switching to salads any time soon. At this pace we will get our Bronco's late summer transitioning to fall so there is a high change we'll be in plaid with our roofs off. And everyone knows plaid is slimming :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I looked for this, but couldn't find what I was hoping for.

Any info on what brand of tires will be equipped on a 4D OB 2.7L?

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attachments

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My order:

2-Door
AMB
Mic Top
Non-Sasquatch
2.3L
Lux Package
Navy Pier Leather
Floor Mats

I am 9 out of 20 allocations for my dealership w/ a 7/14 am stamp, placed my order on the 19th but converted on 1/20/21. I'm hoping the 2-Door, lux & leather options don't hold me back to FY-22.
One of the few that is opting for the Navy Luna Pier and leather at that for the 2-dr. Knowing the 2-dr can't get power seats but the cost is the same for the 4-dr, I just couldn't justify the cost. Seems like a petty reason when you are spending near $50K, but it pisses me off that Ford is charging the same with less functionality.

Please share pictures when you get your Bronco. I would love to see AMB body color on the interior with the Navy Luna Pier.

Sponsored

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Lai

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 F100, '70 F250, '08 Durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of the few that is opting for the Navy Luna Pier and leather at that for the 2-dr. Knowing the 2-dr can't get power seats but the cost is the same for the 4-dr, I just couldn't justify the cost. Seems like a petty reason when you are spending near $50K, but it pisses me off that Ford is charging the same with less functionality.

Please share pictures when you get your Bronco. I would love to see AMB body color on the interior with the Navy Luna Pier.
I literally debated until I was on the phone with my salesman about to send him my final build to order. I went with roast int. and I completely agree with you on functionality but I'm already spending more than I wanted to so might as well get leather. Ultimately it came down to the dash and although I don't care for either dash, the bronze seems to be less annoying. I'll still share pics of my AMB Bronco!

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build:
-OBX
-4 door
-2.7L
-Squatched
-Cyber Orange
-Navy/ Grey cloth
-Mod black top
-High package
-Aux switches
-Slide tailgate
-Cargo tray

I like the idea of the bash plates but want to see if it’s smarter to go aftermarket for something thicker since the speculation seems to be that the factory plates are a bit thin. Plus I don’t want to have to ditch the factory fog lamps on the modular bumper.

Can’t wait!

Last edited:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Outer banks 2 door, lux package, race red with roast leather Interior, modular hardtop, 2.7, heavy duty modular bumper, aux switches, tow package . That’s a good start.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX
A51
navy cloth
tow
aux switches
MIC
high pack

made sure not to add anything that may delay delivery

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While the topic of tires is somewhat fresh, I am sure many of you fellow OBX byers have way more off road experience than me.

I know alot of a vehicles capability comes from how good of tires it has. So are the tires that come on the OBX pretty much just good for street use. Or will they be somewhat capable once it leaves the pavement? Not planning on doing any rock crawling or mudding just want to get off of the pavement every once in a while.

Thanks in advance!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While the topic of tires is somewhat fresh, I am sure many of you fellow OBX byers have way more off road experience than me.

I know alot of a vehicles capability comes from how good of tires it has. So are the tires that come on the OBX pretty much just good for street use. Or will they be somewhat capable once it leaves the pavement? Not planning on doing any rock crawling or mudding just want to get off of the pavement every once in a while.

Thanks in advance!
That tread pattern would be good for sand also but that's about it.

Lai

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was talking to my husband and now I'm on the fence. I didn't order Sasquatch ($$$) because as a newb to off-roading I figured I would just build up as I go, if I like it enough to continue doing it. After talking to his friends about off-roading (we're the racing kind), it seems smarter to get my OBX squatched than go aftermarket and pay probably double. My husband literally just wants me to be happy with my Bronco, so I am now reaching to the 6G community to get some insight.

Please let me know what you guys think. I don't want to wait any longer than I already have for the Bronco. But I do want to get out and play the moment I leave the dealership.

Gaul Piamatti

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was talking to my husband and now I'm on the fence. I didn't order Sasquatch ($$$) because as a newb to off-roading I figured I would just build up as I go, if I like it enough to continue doing it. After talking to his friends about off-roading (we're the racing kind), it seems smarter to get my OBX squatched than go aftermarket and pay probably double. My husband literally just wants me to be happy with my Bronco, so I am now reaching to the 6G community to get some insight.

Please let me know what you guys think. I don't want to wait any longer than I already have for the Bronco. But I do want to get out and play the moment I leave the dealership.
I agree. Throwing on an a lift, tires and wheels can get pricey. Not to mention the drive ratios and front and rear locking diffs that come with the Sasquatch. All that wrapped up in factory warranty is a pretty good deal in my opinion

Lai

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree. Throwing on an a lift, tires and wheels can get pricey. Not to mention the drive ratios and front and rear locking diffs that come with the Sasquatch. All that wrapped up in factory warranty is a pretty good deal in my opinion
I think I'm going to add Squatch. My OBX is ordered with the rear locker and I actually like the wheels. The plan was to get tires almost immediately :oops:

Given what you get (and the warranty), I think Squatch is the way to go for me.
Sponsored