Sponsored

OuterBanks tires vs badlands tires

• Thread starter Deleted member 51637
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 51637

Hello all

I have an outer banks with stock tires 18’s. But I love how the 17 wheels and tires of the badlands looks.
I am thinking on getting those tires and wheels for my bronco badlandsbut I don’t do much off-roading.

How is driving with badlands at highway compartes to obx stock tires? I don’t want to spend tons of money if is not necessary

Any recommendations or suggestions?
Thank you
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve logged a lot of highway miles since October. My Badlands has been fine and dandy with the stock tires.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve logged a lot of highway miles since October. My Badlands has been fine and dandy with the stock tires.
What are your tire specs? My OBX has stock 255/70R18. I just finished a long 5300 mile trip, the street performance has been good with low noise. But I am planning new rims and tires when these tires are done.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are your tire specs? My OBX has stock 255/70R18. I just finished a long 5300 mile trip, the street performance has been good with low noise. But I am planning new rims and tires when these tires are done.
will post in the am.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 51637

I have the same tires 255/70R18, I am thinking to get badlands tires 285/70R17 I think, just want to see recommendations, most of time I drove at the city I just want to add an extra inch to tires and change a little the look of the car

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not quite the same, but we went from the 17" Big Bend tire (same make and model, but different size vs. OuterBanks) to the Badlands KO2, and everything got better except fuel economy. Tire feels stiffer, but also better damped - in all directions. Fuel economy went down 2-4 MPG though.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
285/70R17's

65 Cobra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Corvette, 22 4Runner TRD, 22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We switched from stock OB to stock badlands.

Improved the look and stance and it drives fine.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I changed stock OBX with 12K on them average 21.9 mpg
Went to Falken WPAT3 285/70 R17 with a wheel change (obviously)
I do not notice any difference in ride quality on the road. They have a little more road noise which i pick up when there is no wind noise (which isn't often). I average 20.1 mpg now, but about 0.5 of that is I haven't recaled the speedo yet.

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I changed stock OBX with 12K on them average 21.9 mpg
Went to Falken WPAT3 285/70 R17 with a wheel change (obviously)
I do not notice any difference in ride quality on the road. They have a little more road noise which i pick up when there is no wind noise (which isn't often). I average 20.1 mpg now, but about 0.5 of that is I haven't recaled the speedo yet.
Picture please.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

Deleted member 51637

I've posted them a few times before, but herya go

Ford Bronco OuterBanks tires vs badlands tires 20230518_143938

Ford Bronco OuterBanks tires vs badlands tires 20230518_143938
Thank you for sharing, I will do the same go for badlands tires and wheels, if the road noise is not a lot compared to outer banks I dont mind going for it.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for sharing, I will do the same go for badlands tires and wheels, if the road noise is not a lot compared to outer banks I dont mind going for it.
Good luck, but I'll put in the caveat that noise is very subjective and K02 may be different than WPAT3.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also had the Duelers (stock OBX / Big Bend tires) and recently switched over to C Load 285/70/17 KO2s. If I did a blind test, I couldn't tell the difference in most driving scenarios. Solid, yet compliant ride feel. 1 MPG penalty, mine are set at 38PSI.

Absolutely recommend! Also, makes a night and day difference in the way the truck looks.
Sponsored