First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I have been having the same issue with the ambient temperature reading notification to the phone and check engine light come on. Took it to the dealership and they said they can’t honor the warranty because a rock must have hit it. However there is no damage to the mirror or the sensor. Wondering if anyone else is having issues with dealerships not honoring warranties? And any advice on where to go from here.
not honoring warranties in general? That happens everyday. Just depends on who you think is right. If dealership concludes problem was not due to a defect then they dont honor it. Pretty much now a days its on owner to prove otherwise. Especially with ford.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have been having the same issue with the ambient temperature reading notification to the phone and check engine light come on. Took it to the dealership and they said they can’t honor the warranty because a rock must have hit it. However there is no damage to the mirror or the sensor. Wondering if anyone else is having issues with dealerships not honoring warranties? And any advice on where to go from here.
Wtf! Yeah, try another dealer and tag Ford in the forum...
I can't remember their @tag 🤷

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My temperature sensor seems to be off as well, not as much as yours, but off none the less. Once I start driving it gets slowly closer to the correct temperature but if it is a short trip it doesn't always get there.

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kicking this old thread back to life.

Had this same problem with my '22 Wildtrak. I installed a winch, so I had the battery disconnected. When I reconnected, temp displayed 2 bars --. Had a dealer appt scheduled for recalls and they said they had the battery disconnected and it seemed to fix it. For a few days, it worked just fine. Now, on a longer trip, it was as high as 143 and got down to 69 at one point, actual temp outside was about 40.

What has been everyones solution to this? Sensor replacement?

xbobby7x

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had this happen to me couple months ago. Disconnected the battery, popped the sensor out of the side mirror, used a few squeezes of dust off. Popped it back in and within a couple of days back to normal. No issues to date.

Sponsored

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had this happen to me couple months ago. Disconnected the battery, popped the sensor out of the side mirror, used a few squeezes of dust off. Popped it back in and within a couple of days back to normal. No issues to date.
Hmm, may have to give this a try.

angrygnat

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco, 2018 John Deere, 2021 Triumph Bobber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got the same issue, will be trying the clean off and see method, meanwhile, nationwide backorder for the sensor again....

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got the same issue, will be trying the clean off and see method, meanwhile, nationwide backorder for the sensor again....
Looks like a bunch will be available soon.

Ford Bronco Outside temp sensor module f*cked? IMG_2872

angrygnat

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco, 2018 John Deere, 2021 Triumph Bobber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do I just order thru fordparts and hope my backorder hits or is there a sneaky way to the front of the line?

Area_Fifty_1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend ‘21
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went to the dealership for this issue, they ordered a new sensor but it didnt take and still dealing with the issue and now check engine light is on and recieving notification in app that ambient temperture sensor is not functioning properly. Maybe i need to try to disconnect battery and dust off the sensor. Anyone else have success with this?

Sponsored

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ambient air temperature sensor went crazy on me when we had a couple of inches of rain a few weeks ago. Check engine light went on, notifications in fordpass app, & temp read as high as 163 degrees. I got video over a one-minute period of the 'temperature' going from 97 to 156 degrees. My dealer ordered a new sensor and I just had it replaced today. Took about 10 days for the part to arrive after it was "emergency" ordered.

Area_Fifty_1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend ‘21
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My ambient air temperature sensor went crazy on me when we had a couple of inches of rain a few weeks ago. Check engine light went on, notifications in fordpass app, & temp read as high as 163 degrees. I got video over a one-minute period of the 'temperature' going from 97 to 156 degrees. My dealer ordered a new sensor and I just had it replaced today. Took about 10 days for the part to arrive after it was "emergency" ordered.
Did the dealership resolve the issue?

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the dealership resolve the issue?

Sure did.

The dealership was not bad to deal with. They put me in a rental car w/o any fuss while they kept it overnight for the initial diagnosis. My only complaint is they were slow to bring my Bronco up to the front for me to drive home both times I picked it up. I had to go to the service manager's office 2x each time to get them to call up the vehicle from the back.

Johnnythegray

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Mustang GT Conv / Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just had the same issue. I took it to Autozone to have the codes read and it was P0071 primary and P0073 secondary. I swung by the Ford dealership in town and bought a new sensor for $4 (part stamp # M2DT-12A647-AC). Quick install and the outside temp is back to normal at 55 degrees (was previously 120 degrees). However I can't get the check engine light to go off, even after disconnecting the battery for 15 mins. I'm going to drive it for a few days and see if it resolves.

A couple of other tips if you're waiting for a part...

First, if you disconnect the sensor your heating/cooling will function normally again...at least mine did.

Second, if you don't feel like doing that but it's still cold where you are you can run the climate on HI to get some heat out of it.
Ford Bronco Outside temp sensor module f*cked? 20240406_075832
Sponsored